It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most reliable MSM News outlet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
When it comes to getting reliable news from the MSM I tend to rely on The Guardian newspaper, BBC News and Channel 4. I am from the UK and believe these are reliable sources, well maybe not the BBC all the time.

I was wondering what other MSM News people use regularly and find to be reliable, especially you guys in the states where your News seems to be highly partisan.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Our news outlets, here in the US, are terrible. I havent even been happy with FOXNews lately, because of its right-wing views. It seems as thought every single station is blatantly trying to lure the viewer into a false sense of celebrity know-all. Either left, or right. Personally I can't stand either side. I just want to know the truth, and I never get it. I get bias opinions.

You have ingorant media everywhere you turn the channel, and the oblivious people paying attention, never asking questions.

Thats just my take on things. Even talk radio is getting worse.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
they're all fairly unreliable as far as i can see. the news wires, reuters, AP and the like, usually only give the facts without a lot of editorialisation but they have been shown to be incorrect or misleading at times in the past.

i find that if you check three or four different sources you get a good idea of the truth.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Get news from multiple sources and use your own intelligence to correctly interpret as much of the truth as you can. It usually helps to be skeptical of everything they report.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I don't watch much news on TV anymore, but I was always a fan of Jon Snow on Channel 4's news.

I always heard The Guardian was one of the best sources for news. Can't remember where I heard it though.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
You can't watch just one MSM outlet and get any facts! I prefer to switch between Fox and CNN.

I avoid MSNBC all together, CBS is junk, 60 minutes is utterly falsified, they have been caught over and over again.

A good way to get news is to provide equal attention to Fox, CNN, ATS, and foreign sources if you can find them!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The Daily show, not only open and honest, but he is one of us.
Tired of the crap and pulls no strings, while it is a comedy/news what you can learn on there is about the best i have seen. He calls it like it is.
Sadly his topics are limited to the shows time frame.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I read and listen to all news available. Then use logic and intuition to judge.

This world is full of violence, unjust, corrupt, deceit and denial hypocrites. I have a personal bad experience for being too vocal against "you know who".

Just remember: When someone says he's honest, high possibility he's dishonest. when someone claims he's clean, high possibility he's corrupted.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

I read and listen to all news available. Then use logic and intuition to judge.

This world is full of violence, unjust, corrupt, deceit and denial hypocrites. I have a personal bad experience for being too vocal against "you know who".

Just remember: When someone says he's honest, high possibility he's dishonest. when someone claims he's clean, high possibility he's corrupted.

What if I say that I am not clean, have plenty of skeletons in my closet and some arrests? I have failed in businesses, tried a couple of drugs unsuccessfully, encouraged an abortion (that I regret), failed many classes in college before finally getting a degree, and now I want to run for office?

It is a true question! I am thinking of making a run for Congress, and I want to upfront and honest about my life's experiences, and eliminate any mudslinging in the campaign. My platform would be a simple man's platform that I think ATSers would appreciate!

Would that make me foolish or trustworthy???

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
IMO the two best MSM sources are CBC and Al-Jazeera. Colbert, Stewart and Rick Mercer (Canadian Jon Stewart) are also often good.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think its always interesting as we will always await MSM authentification on something someone may post on here. So I guess it's important to get it from the right place.

new topics

top topics

join