It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a sign of disclosure? UFO's covered in detail by BBC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Today, on the BBC's main website, there is a large section devoted to UFO reports:
www.bbc.co.uk...
As you all know, the BBC is one of the most influential and trusted news sources on the planet, holding much authority.
The site links to several stories to do with UFO Phenomena, offering a link to the;

1.Minister warned over 'UK Roswell'
news.bbc.co.uk...

2.A selection of pictures from UFO files released
news.bbc.co.uk...

3. A short video of a reporter questioning a man describing some interesting snippets from the files
news.bbc.co.uk...

I find this UFO topic discussion on the BBC interesting, it is a mainstream news source, and the topic is on the front page of the website.
I doubt there is any connection, but are there people behind the scenes, as Stephen Basset or Stephen Greer suggest, pulling strings in important places to get the 'UFO' issue into the public eye?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
In my opinion I don't think this has anything to do with "disclosure".

The story with drawings from the released UFO files briefly covers a couple of different witness reports, but concludes by stating that "experts" (experts of what?) attribute the increase in sightings to movie releases such as Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Independence Day. The video was informative, but for anyone interested in UFOs it's old information.

The quality of this sketch impressed me...

This one, not so much...

Personally I am not convinced this has anything to do with a possible gradual disclosure project by the military and/or government. As more files are released, there will be more reports like this one. Nothing startling in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Remember the bbc are like the ministry of truth, just bull# comes out of there mouths, i worked for them so i should know.

Be careful how you may be played here.

Even though i think aliens exist and we have had at least 1 visit from somewhere else.

[edit on 8/17/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It's known as 'silly season' in the UK at this time of year, schools and MPs are on holidays. This means there's less news. Instead we get pictures of vegetables shaped like genitals, giant rabbits and long-running 'scandals' about ex-BB housemates. Last year it was all UFOs, the year before it was great white sharks...

It is also revealed that UFO sightings leapt from 117 in 1995 to 609 in 1996 - the year that Will Smith's alien invader blockbuster Independence Day was released and alien conspiracy series The X Files was at the height of its popularity with UK audiences.

Dr David Clarke, a UFO expert and journalism lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University, said it was significant that one of the biggest years for reports previously had been 1978, which saw 750 - at the same time that Steven Spielberg's blockbuster Close Encounters of the Third Kind was released.

IIRC reported sightings in Canada have risen year after year since 2005, being the highest levels since records began in 1986. So what movies are responsible for that? Dr Clarke walks a fine line between skeptic and debunker sometimes. The impression in the article is that people watch movies and imagine UFOs everywhere. It's a fair point, but doesn't allow that some observers don't think all movies are documentaries...

top topics

join