It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF soldiers wound Egyptian border policeman near Eilat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

IDF soldiers wound Egyptian border policeman near Eilat

www.jpost.com

IDF troops shot and wounded an Egyptian border policeman overnight Sunday, after the man cocked his weapon at them along the Israeli-Egyptian border.

The incident occurred near Eilat when a routine patrol identified an armed figure moving near the border. When the troops challenged the man he cocked his weapon, prompting the soldiers to open fire, the army said.

The soldiers realized it was an Egyptian policeman only after the shooting, the military said.

In Cairo, an Egyptian security official said the policeman had been hospitalized with a bullet wound in the chest.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Well it seems to me that this incident isn't going to do anything to help repair the already extremely hostile relationship between the Israelis and the Arab world. I don't see any thing big developing as a result of this incident, but I imagine that quite a few middle east countries will use it to portray Israel in a negative way.

With the entire middle eastern region on the verge of all out war, it is important to keep an eye on such incidents, as unimportant as they may seem.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join