It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With A Headline Like This What Are They Really Trying To Say:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
World Agenda: To tell you the truth, these conspiracists scare me

Journalist are often sent to places — a war zone, a natural disaster, or a crime-ridden slum — that are physically scary. Those assignments routinely win prizes. Sometimes they may be asked to cover a story that is intellectually scary. Those assignments are less dramatic but can reveal more about human nature. Perhaps the most intellectually scary assignment I have had in recent years was to cover a meeting of the so-called "9/11 Truth Movement" in the East Village, New York.

Here's another quote from the article:

America is now again witnessing the advent of a crackpot movement in the so-called "Birthers".

The article goes on to say some pretty harsh things about people who would be considered conspiracy theorists. If your on ATS, that would mean you. If you challenge the truth, that is "truth" according to the media, you are compared to Nazis.

What is even scarier though, is a so called journalist with a biased opinion who is afraid to challenge the "truth". Maybe the writer of this article finds it fine to have a possibly ineligible President as the leader of a World power; I for one find it unacceptable! If even the remote possibility exists that the President is not eligible for office than there needs to be a thorough investigation and let the chips fall where they may. The same for 9/11. The truth needs to be told.

If your going to report the facts, then do that and keep your personal opinions to yourself. If you have to call people names to discredit them, then find another line of work. Don't call yourself a reporter, because you are not!!

Obviously, the world must be afraid of the American Conspiracy Theorist because we are getting wise to what the "power players" are doing.

I say good job ATS! Keep it up!!

link[www.timesonline.co.uk...]

[edit on 17-8-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
All journalists are biased. Some try very hard not to be, and often they do a good job. Others don't even try - they like their bias, embrace it.

Someone who calls people "Nazis" for questioning something, is biased. I strongly disagree with so-called "Birthers". I think they're completely misguided and wrong. But that doesn't make them Nazis. At the very worst, it makes them incorrect, possibly even foolish - but never Nazis.

There is probably a Birther-oriented journalist who is equally intolerant of the non-Birthers, who compares them to Nazis or Communists or whatever else he doesn't like.

I wouldn't read too much into either bigot.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I agree with you chiron! What gets me though, is why the slam and the slanderous remarks? Is that how they report in the UK?

To single out Americans, is also very telling! does this guy actually believe that the only conspiracy theorists are living in the USA? Illogical and ridiculous!!

Why go to all that trouble to discredit and defame a group of people who challenge the crap they call "truth"; if in fact we weren't right? I believe we are so close to derailing "the plan" that the media world wide is in a panic!

Just my opinion.

Pax

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Are they so intellectually scary because they are so much smarter than he is?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Are they so intellectually scary because they are so much smarter than he is?

Exactly the case, as evidenced by his diatribe, he tried to pass off as journalism! What does that say about the Timesonline ?

I believe a person can report and be incredulous, but when you do so with contempt, your credibility is shot.

This article truly repulsed me!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hey, what can I say, I am a scary guy

The thing that worries me the most is people listen to "journalists" because they think what they say is the truth.

Sad indeed, they no longer care about the truth at all and just spit out what they are told to say.

new topics

top topics

join