It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Chief Hints at Possible Attack on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Air Force Chief Hints at Possible Attack on Iran

www.israelnationalnews.com

Commander Ido Nechushtan of the Israel Air Force hinted Sunday evening at the possibility of an Israeli attack on Iranian nuclear facilities, according to Israel Defense Forces Radio. Speaking at a ceremony at the Sde-Dov base to mark the changing of anti-aircraft commanders, Nechushtan said that the air force is expected to deal with one of the most complex challenges it has ever known.
Nechushtan said, "We are at a point where the force's operational readiness is more important than ever to t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
So many conflicting stories coming out from this situation its hard to see which one is credible. Time is approaching though... the end is nigh, lol. I think within the next few weeks we will see something spark. If i had to put a date on it, i will have to go with 20-22nd september.

Every way you look at this, it is going to lead to a massive regional war. Not a world war. The reason i believe they will do it is because of oil. The long term benefits of controlling Irans oil outweigh the short term consequences. Same went with Iraq.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
it will cause further economic chaos too
not to speak of much bigger tensions worldwide

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I've not supported the Israeli government for some time now and I'm just about an inch away from not supporting a state, but rather a single nation with 2 states for Israel and Palestine.

That said, this isn't going to bode well. The US world probably not do anything too. At this point they are a simply uncaring nation for the region, wanting to leave. And I wouldn't be surprised if we simply defended Iraq, but did not invade.

My armchair general mind tells me that Israel will do a strike and that they will only do so if they believe they can stop a responsive strike. This part of me tells me that they have a method designed to defend themselves, and that they might kind of indirectly force the US to help them. By attacking Iran, they know Iran will attack America by default. If they they attack America by default, then the US will shoot down all things coming at them, but not invade. Indirectly, this protects Israel from any responsive strike without actually asking the US to help. A peace deal will be forced by the US, because when the US doesn't invade, the Iranian propaganda machine will have no grounds. The Iranian fear machine right now runs on the threat to its people that the US will invade and they are there to protect them. Every dictator needs an enemy, as the saying goes. If the US doesn't invade, but stays where they are, then Iran looses all base for it's propaganda, and looses popular support, as the fear of an American invasion collapses and America respects Iran's sovereignty. By doing this, the US wins without a war, and Iranians throw out the current government on their own will. Complete victory with no invasion, plus a new Iranian ally. Once the US doesn't invade, a new found respect will be gained, and while they may hate Israel, an Iran under a better president allied to the US will allow them to create their nuclear facilities without threat of Israeli backlash or US backlash. After all, the US has it's ally and new oil exporter, Israel has better strength as Hezbollah's only supporter cuts them off, and a complete regional victory occurs for the west.

A grand strategy, brought to you by Gorman91.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
As soon as Israel drops the first bomb/missile on Iran, each and ever Arab nation in the neighbourhood will launch whatever they have in retaliation.

Those that are allied with the US like Saudi Arabia and Jordan will have a "revolution" as people power over throws the West leaning states....

Totaly irresponsible launching an attack on Iran, Iran is not a stupid nation, they are well educated, and they understand what launching a nuke if they were ever to develope one and launch it would mean.

This is total BS, the whole scenario and everything is being ramped up with propaganda to make the stoopid people of the west support the criminal action their governments partake in.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

As soon as Israel drops the first bomb/missile on Iran, each and ever Arab nation in the neighbourhood will launch whatever they have in retaliation

just like when the USA invaded iraq in 1991 huh?

no , they wont.

Iran being a shi`ite leaning country , is diametrically opposed to the suuni countries elsewhere in the middile east - Saudi Arabia being chief amoungst them

so no you wont see a massive turmoil , more rather - if israel bomb iran`s nuclear facilities , then dimona will be flattened.

but hey this is this months ` were still here , look at me i might go to war` statement from some random person in israel.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidpain

So many conflicting stories coming out from this situation its hard to see which one is credible. Time is approaching though... the end is nigh, lol. I think within the next few weeks we will see something spark. If i had to put a date on it, i will have to go with 20-22nd september.

Every way you look at this, it is going to lead to a massive regional war. Not a world war. The reason i believe they will do it is because of oil. The long term benefits of controlling Irans oil outweigh the short term consequences. Same went with Iraq.

Really, 20-22nd September?
You base this guess, and it is nothing more then a wild unfounded guess, on what exactly?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidpain

Yeah, I say by November something should happen. I don't think those Israeli's want to do this in late fall/winter kind of weather. These folks are simply crazy enough to actually do it.

I need to go stock up on water and canned goods!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Totaly irresponsible launching an attack on Iran, Iran is not a stupid nation, they are well educated, and they understand what launching a nuke if they were ever to develope one and launch it would mean.

This is total BS, the whole scenario and everything is being ramped up with propaganda to make the stoopid people of the west support the criminal action their governments partake in.

It's definitely fabricated to the max. I can hear my co-worker in the cubicle around the corner: "Go Israel! Go Soccer Mom!". America goes for anything that gets put on the idiot box, no matter how illogical it is.

top topics

join