It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best kept beauty secret? Olive oil!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This thread is for the ladies.

If you are looking for a natural, healthy, and effective cleanser, extra virgin olive oil is the answer.
It probably doesnt make a lot of sense to put oil on your face if you are trying to cleanse it, but it is one of the most effective cleansers.
Just put a little olive oil in your hands and massage into your face once you done that for a minute, wipe it all off with a warm washcloth a couple times.
You face will feel so soft and clean and you will have a dewy glow.
You can also use olive oil for damaged or dry hair. Put half a cup of olive oil in your hair, wait half an hour, and shampoo it out.
olive oil also works great for nails and cuticles. just put your fingertips in a bowl of olive oil for 20 minutes and they will be incredibly soft and moisturized.

So theres my healthy tip of the day. Try it out it works great.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I just might try this actually. I have naturally oily skin though so im not sure if it might do more good or more bad. I never heard of this beauty tip before though so its definetly worth a try!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
yeah most would think its a little strange to put oil on top of already oily skin, but they are two different types of oils and because of that, they counteract eachother and the olive oil balances out the skin

give it a try! you might be suprised

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
WD40 is just as good, and a lot cheaper.

Peace

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I just wanted to chime in with my experience: Oil cleansing seriously works wonders for blackheads and oily skin. It seems counter-intuitive, but oil dissolves oil, helping to lift blackheads and excess oil from the skin. I've had very oily blackhead-filled skin my whole life, up until I started using oil to cleanse my face, and my skin is like... awesome. There were great results even after the first time. If only I knew about this when I was in highschool -.-

Any kind of oil can be used, and it's good to mix thin and thick oils, like essential oils and almond or olive oil, it helps get into the pores better. I like to massage it into my face for a good 5 minutes, and then steam my face for a bit before wiping it off. Oil cleansing is great before bed, but you can do it in the morning and every day if you really wanted to.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I knew those Romans were on to something

Thanks for the tip,it is something i have pondered about since a child when i read about the romans using it, I was once advised by a girlfriend to use baby oil when shaving your legs ect and also by a few swedes too as they said it is kinder on the skin than any of the shaving foams creams, i took their advice and haven't looked back, i will definately be trying out your cleansing tip

new topics

top topics

join