It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Just wanted to say a quick 'hello' to everybody here at ATS. I have been lurking about and reading in this forum for several years, and have recently decided to join, officially.

Before I start posting to the point where occassionally logging in once in a while turns into a growing addiction worse than even Facebook, I thought I would spin up a brief introduction to let everyone know that I join with pure intentions, will follow the rules of the board and wish to eventually get to know those who share my basic beliefs (whenever the time comes in which my personal beliefs are shared on here, if ever).

As mentioned in the title, I live in the lovely country of Canada, where the Summer is never long enough, and the Winter is.. well...you get the picture.

I look forward to participating in discussions of my interest soon, maybe with YOU.

-Truthbringsfreedom-

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Hello.

Welcome to ATS.

Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by truthbringsfreedom777

Hi there, welcome aboard

I recently just moved from BC
to study. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Peace ^&^ Love
Scooby Doo

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Welcome.... I look forward to reading your posts, as I share your common interests in these forums

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Welcome.

Glad you joined.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
helloes from alberta
have fun, and yea, watch out for the addiction.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hi and welcome aboard!!

Happy posting!!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hello welcome to ATS

may you become as addicted as the rest of us here..lol

Its a great site!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
And a big hello from me, too !

Enjoy your time on these forums ... you never know, you may even learn something

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS

I'm from Alberta

Summers here are way too short depending on location of course

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I promise not to say eh, moose, beaver, or Molson.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I promise not to say moose, beaver, or Molson.

As a Canadian male I like all 3.

Welcome aboard fellow Canuck.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
hi i hope ur close to ottawa couse i plan to come there in january,and heyo dude u close to ottawa,i dont know where alberta is?
very nice to meet up with fellow ats brothers in person,go in bars or something^^

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

LOL I always thought Canadians hated it when we brought those up.

I very much like eh. It seems a very proper way to end a statement, prompting a response from someone.

I think Americans should say eh. Americans don't say it to make fun. We use when we get a chance too cuz we like it.

except it sounds weird when your from Maryland.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
oo u just wait for me when i come! ill walk with a bottle of maple sirup,tickets to hockey game and talking on canadian with a canadian shirt and flag.im such a poser xaaxax
anyway welcome to the forum enjoy it here XD

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hello and welcome! Oh and...YES it is addicting!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
hello, hope you got a better welcome than I did.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yes, us Canadians do have quite the accent, some moreso than others. I use the word ''eh'' all the time, without even realizing it, simply because it's the norm around here. Basically, you adapt to the language, and before you know it, you are part of the Canadian stereotype

I was born and raised in Canada, and have never left the country...so far.

Again, thanks for all the warm welcomes, it makes me feel a lot more comfortable, being a new member and all...

On an unrelated note, do some of you find it rather difficult posting your own views/opinions on here, though? I mean, it seems that nine times out of ten, each thread of interest tends to turn into a flame war of some sort, and it's really discouraging to see this happen almost constantly. I guess this goes hand-in-hand with the subject matter in these forums, which are undoubtedly the most 'touchy' subjects when it comes to arguing over who is 'right' and who is wrong', who has 'evidence' and who is 'making up' stories...

I work an office job with full Internet access, so I'm on here most of the time out of sheer boredom, although I must freely admit that being a lurker on this site since 2004, I sure have self-educated myself in many areas, as there is a TON of worthwhile information compiled on here, enough to discern for yourself what is 'right' and what is 'wrong', so to speak.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by truthbringsfreedom777]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
usualy people here are more intelignet and the key word POLITE.
even if 2 people have different opinions they usualy try to fight with knowledge and facts,not resort to insults,for my long time here i havent really had flame problems,its not like the counter strike forums when its just..its just horrible xD

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join