posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:03 PM
First, do not immediately start washing the areas. The poison is oil based and you may just end up spreading it. You should first clean the areas with
Now you will want to wash with water only.
Then you will want to take a warm shower with soap. Laundry soap works well for treating poison ivy, but only if it is done quickly, like within five
minutes or so.
Severe cases can cause watery blistering and swelling, particularly if it is on the face area. Severe cases may require a visit to the doctor, and
have been known to even be fatal in some some children.
It is pretty nasty stuff, and the toxin in it is called "Urushiol", which is a toxic type of oil.