It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel can delay Iran's nuclear program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Israel can delay Iran's nuclear program

www.upi.com

JERUSALEM, Aug. 13 (UPI) -- Israel can delay Iran's nuclear program
significantly with a military strike -- with or without U.S. approval
-- an Israeli security official said. The official warned the time
frame for such a strike on Iran's nuclear sites is narrowing because
of increased efforts by the Islamic Republic to hide and disguise its
nuclear activities and strengthen its deterrence capability, Maariv
said Thursday. At the same time, the United States should be allowed
to exe
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.upi.com

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
We have been hearing all summer long that the time frame is narrowing.

That Israel can act unilaterally. The question is will Israel do so? And when?

There seem to be many events converging on this fall.

For example, H1N1 vaccinations due to begin in this timeframe; California's IOU's not to be redeemed until October; dollar redemption rumors - also for October.

What is it with the fall? The great depression (of the 30's) began in the fall (as did this one, last year).
World War I (late summer); World War II (September).

I don't know - just musing.

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well, think of it this way..............

With Obama abandoning Israel.........

His pull over them is down to practically nothing.

Israel knows it can not al;low Iran to have nuclear weapons that they are working on.

If the US won't do anything and is abandoning them, then they will have to act on their own...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think Israel is more likely to use Nukes than Iran as they have alluded to that option in the past. They should just back off and let the rhetoric dissipate. By the way, Iran has the largest jewish community in the Arab world living in harmony.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
if Israel attacks it will be next month or early October. congress will be busy with healthcare debates and so will most of America , not only that iran can make a bomb within 1 year of ordered by the supreme leader reports say that order has been given in the last 2 months ,so while the u.s in occupied in domestic matters Israel is not going to get any serious pressure to stop the attack

so iran is attacked ,they respond on Israel and the u.s bases as well unfortunately for our troops many will be killed. only good thing that will come out of this is the American people we reunite in a common solidarity against Iran for attacking us, so will go in bomb the hell out of Iran maybe with the bomb if iran unleashes mass amounts of chem or biological weapons

so its going to get ugly when Iran gets preemptive striked by Israel

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Israel's had nuclear weapons for years. They jailed the guy who published photos of Israel's nuclear facilities .. can't remember his name just now. Then jailed him again. (edited to add: Vanunu .. it came to me as soon as I'd posted)

I'm sick of Israel. It points the finger when other nations do as Israel does.

Israel's like the spoiled brat who wants his own way and lies and whines in order to get it, over and over and over again.

Everyone I speak with is disgusted and fed up with Israel. And no wonder.

So now Israel -- with its massive stockpiles of nuclear arms -- is beetching because someone ELSE has nuclear weaponry ?

Let's liken this to a loud-mouth thug who struts the streets with his guns on display, beats up everyone it sees and yells for it's big brother to come and fight its battles once they're started. Then goes on to do it again, and again, all the time using others to fight the battles it starts.

Then one day the bully-thug-brat sees someone else buying a gun. Waaaaaa ! No fair ! Waaaaaaa !

The thug then runs around whining, ' Someone else has bought a gun. They might use that gun on ME. They might be sick of me running-off my big mouth. They might be sick of me bashing up and shooting women and kids. Looks like someone's going to defend themselves against me. Waaaaa. I can't have that ! Quick, someone stop everyone else from carrying a gun. SAVE poor ME ! Go get my big brother to fight for me. I shouldn't have to get hurt. I am the only one allowed to call the shots around here. I am the only one allowed to defend himself. I'm going to shoot that other person right now to show the world that I am the boss around here and everyone should let me have my own way .. just because .. just because I said so '.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by St Vaast]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Delay is the keyword here.Does Israel plan to keep attacking Irans nuclear facilities once their rebuilt?What if Iran decides to respond with bio/chemical weapons?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

like i said in my post Iran is going to be idiots and attack the u.s bases in response , so in turn we will unleash are full air power and finish the job Israel started , not only taking out the nuke program, but any military capacity that's a threat

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by standupamerica32

like i said in my post Iran is going to be idiots and attack the u.s bases in response , so in turn we will unleash are full air power and finish the job Israel started , not only taking out the nuke program, but any military capacity that's a threat
> You may be underestimating Iranian intelligence.They would have their handfuls striking back at Israel alone much less the US.It would be suicidal on their part.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

Israel's had nuclear weapons for years.

You said it exactly. They've had them for a while. And they haven't used them. To me, that shows some restraint, considering that they are attacked on constantly. I agree that they are a rather violent and war-like country, but when your constantly bombarded by suicide-bombers, scud missiles launched by other countries, and persistent threats of destruction from your neighbors, sometimes a peaceful solution just doesn't work.

The Israel situation is a pretty good example of prominent revisionist history. Israel is always made out to be the bad guy in all their conflicts. The other side is never shown. More stories can be sold by painting Israel as the villain. Many of Israel's battles and wars are defensive ones. Israel is often provoked or attacked, and then goes to war whichever country starts it. But, once involved, Israel is a destructive force and doesn't go easy, and many people die as a result. Yes, Israel has made many, many regrettable decisions, but so have all the other Middle Eastern nations around them. Usually, both sides in the conflicts are wrong.

It's kinda like the situation with America nuking Japan in WWII. The US is always made to look like heartless killers by dropping the bombs, and saying that Japan was about to surrender and the atomic bombs just took many more lives than would have been lost in the war if it was played out conventionally. This is simply not true. Japan was ready to fight to the death, and they only surrendered because they thought we had an arsenal of nuclear weapons, when those were really our last ones and we were bluffing in an attempt to end the war. If not, millions of more would have been killed. Keep in mind, these were the first (and only) nukes to ever be used in war or an attack. Nobody knew what effects they would have. But you rarely hear any of that. Instead, America is villanized as much as can be. Admittedly, it does seem wrong for that many people to have suffered and died in Nagasaki and Hiroshima, and my heart goes out to them. But I wasn't there when any of this happened - I wasn't even born until about 45 years later - so it's hard to make a judgement. Now... Israel is always taking heat too. However, they are often provoked, and don't go to military action right away. Then they are provoked again, and again, and again. Finally they snap and fight back, and then are roasted alive by the media and onlookers. For example, the most recent Gaza war was provoked by the Hamas.

On December 25, after Israel had "wrapped up preparations for a broad offensive," Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert delivered a final warning in an interview with the Arabic language satellite channel al-Arabiya. He said "I am telling them now, it may be the last minute, I'm telling them stop it. We are stronger."[63]
On Friday, December 26, Israel reopened five border crossings between Israel and Gaza to supply fuel for Gaza's main power plant and to provide about 100 truck loads of humanitarian aid, including grain and other goods.[64] That same day, militants fired approximately a dozen rockets and mortar shells from Gaza at Israel

Wikipedia - Gaza War
It wasn't until after these attacks that the Israeli offensive was launched. When Israeli went on the offensive, that's when the media had a field day. But nothing about the original strikes by the Hamas was mentioned...

I am not advocating war or violence at all. I absolutely hate it. But Iran has clearly said that Israel needs to be destroyed and wiped out. A country ran by leaders calling for the nation's destruction, and about to be in possession of nukes, truly is a credible threat to Israel, and they have every right to be worried. Hopefully, this can all be resolved peacefully.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

even if they don't have the targeting ability n the reports they are going to lob missile after missile through Iraqi airspace, in witch Iraq is not going to like and we will respond in some fashion to stop it. whether that leads to war with Iran is another scenario, either way when Israel attacks in the 2 month time frame its not going to be a good thing for the middle east in the sense of more war but it is a good thing if the first Israeli strike and possible second attack by the u.s. can take out the Iranian nuke ability to eliminate the threat, and also to stop a nuclear arms race in the middle east

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I don't think Israel will attack Iran without a nod and promises of assistance from the US and at least some assurance of non-interference by states like Jordan, Egypt and Saudi Arabia (who also have a lot to lose from a nuclear Iran).

If the US gave Israel its backing, Israel would probably strike sooner rather than later. But they won't do so unilaterally unless things look desperate.

Given Obama's and the Democrats' dovish stance towards the Iranian regime, I don't think they'll have the balls to make that decision. It seems that a nuclear armed Iran is an inevitibility, and things will change a lot in the Middle East in the near future (for the worse in my view).

[edit on 17-8-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I don't think Iran would provoke the US by attacking US bases in Iraq. That would be a illogical move by Iran.

All Iran has to do is actually shoot down as many fighter Jets and fighter bombers as they can to weaken the next retaliation from Israel. I don't think Israel can do all the targets in one go.

Iran's goal if Israel attacks is to retaliate in a manner that would keep the US from stepping in.

I think Iran would try to retaliate by taking out Israel airports or try to prevent Israel from sending more Jets. That would leave Israel with just one option to nuke Iran.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

if Iran fires through Iraqi airspace or flies through Iraqi airspace the u.s will respond in some way . the question is how to measure the response to the threat posed and how much the Iraqi government wants done

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

However..............

You assume that Russia has not guarantied Iran if attacked and they attack the US, Russia will protect them from the US counter attack.

With that, Yes, I do think they would be stupid enough to attack the US forces.

It will end up in a utterly destroyed Iran, but non the less.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Some more news relating to this topic from JPost:

Peres meets Medvedev to discuss Iran

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev hosted President Shimon Peres for talks Tuesday that were expected to focus on the Middle East and the Iranian nuclear standoff.

Iran: No preconditions for nuclear talks

Teheran is ready for nuclear talks with the West without preconditions, a senior Iranian nuclear official was quoted by state television as saying on Tuesday.

"Talks without preconditions is Iran's main stance in negotiations on the nuclear issue," Iran's envoy to the UN nuclear agency watchdog, Ali Asghar Soltanieh, was quoted as saying, according to a Reuters translation.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by mattpryor]

new topics

top topics

join