It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swimmers are told to wear burkinis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

Different although a little simuliar situation.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

And those pools were built with tax payers money. Do they not pay taxes over there?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

All I am saying is this will lead to nothing good, nothing positive can or will come of this.
This is a step towards total segregation than a takeover of the UK imo. I say desegregate don't give them a reason not one inch no special courts, cops, laws. Nothing for any one wanting something because of religion.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It's just the thin edge of the wedge!

This sort of #e is happening all over the world where the PC brigades reign (or reigned). They'll have us keep making small concessions until OUR rights are completely eroded, and we eventually wake up and ask W T F happened!

If there was ever a conspiracy to discuss here, this should be one of the MAIN ones.

At every opportunity Christianity and customary western beliefs are attacked, while we are forever expected to keep bending over and shafted

Prime example is the number of councils that have put the brakes on Xmas celebrations and the like, as they might 'offend' some of sensitive immigrants that we've so graciously invited into our countries

If it keeps up, it's all going to end BADLY in my book!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

That is retarded.....

If they want to wear a full garment into a pool.....Let them ....

Don't make us cover up.....

the rest of the world has been ok with baring skin for a long time.......they need to deal with it...

Plus , wearing more clothes in the water is a greater risk to drowning...

These laws are just stupid.......they are not different.....they are ignorant..

I don't hate muslims either.......I feel sorry for the normal ones who have to put up with this #.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

So if we go to their country, can we demand they wear less clothing because it is OUR law ?

No they wouldn't have it and neither would we here in the states..

UK........Your government is selling you out down the #ter..

I feel awful for you guys......

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey

I agree, However lets keep it fare here the christens are in large part responsible for the whole PC era and its aftermath imo.
I don't believe in pc laws, rules or anything I say what I say and if your offended than don't listen you don't like my message ignore me because I do the same to you. Not you personally but the royal you as in you people but not YOU PEOPLE not like that... You see PC is BS

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HotDogNoBun

That's one interpretation, but I don't agree.

The blame lies squarely with zionazi politicians .. slugs who were emplaced by such 'luminaries' as the reptile-like Rupert Murdoch, for example, who 'emplaced' Tony Blair and then RE-placed him with the UN-elected UK Prime Minister (not worthy of the name) Gordon Brown .. imo.

FIRST, the zionazis programmed Brits to FEAR the words 'racism' and 'discrimination', within the wider agenda of 'politically correct speech'. That was one of the foundation-stones.

NEXT, they flooded the British Isles with people .. such as uneducated, ignorant Muslims from the lowest of 3rd world backwaters

THEN, 'They' sat back and watched the fun, the 'fun' being the degradation and destruction of traditional British society.

All the way through, grinning behind their self-righteous-masks, they used the media to beat up all those who objected to the degradation and destruction on British society.

Now, we have a punch-drunk British society which is labelled (by the whore, zionazi media) as 'rednecks' if they object to the destruction of their land.

Those not wishing to be considered 'rednecks' and who DO aspire to what they have been conned into believing is 'noble and charitable and non-judgemental' -- tell themselves they're tolerant and good and tell themselves they don't MIND having their very ancient and beautiful land despoiled by soaring, out of place minarets and mosques. They tell themselves they don't mind Muslim women who on one hand wear 'modest' burkhas -- yet at the same time daub their faces with make-up and behave pretty much like other women, yet set themselves apart from other women and consider themselves 'better, more chaste' than other women.

Personally, I hope the Brits toss out Gordon Brown and as many zionazi political scum as possible, at the next and all subsequent elections.

I'd personally like to see all those who claim they are (burkha-wearing, Sharia-compliant, female-circumcision, etc.) 'practising Muslims' ejected from Britain. And those who stay would be informed they conform to British tradition, or hit the damn road.

And -- I hope Brits do as the French are doing and will also ban the burkha in public.

I agree with, 'When in Rome, do as the Romans do'.

But I would prefer that Britain prohibit any more immigrants and deport a lot of those already there.

I hope the Brits stand up on their back legs and take their country back.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by St Vaast]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I was not clear with my point my thoughts are fragmented tonight and I apologies.

No what I am saying is if I were to go to a predominately Muslim country I would respect there customs because well I am an ambassador of my country when I go abroad. I am tolerant of there laws and there customs because it is the right thing to do I would not go and be IM A JEW I NEED EVERY FRYDAY AND Saturday OFF IT"S SHABOS AND I DON"T ROOL ON SHABOS! Sorry for the caps it is meant to be an offhanded peace of humor not really yelling and it is a small reference to the big labosky I love that movie! any way all I am saying is that no one to include me should get special treatment because of there religion I am in the US army I can't eat kosher when I am deployed well I can but it is a huge hassle and I don't like kosher MRE’s so what Do I do I adapt and I eat non kosher as long as it ant pork what do I care? And that is my rabbi’s stance to. So as far a special time for Muslims. It is a bunch of BS they wash in the same showers as us and swim in the same water if I must stare at the 300 pound guy in a banana hammock than they must to we all suffer together or not at all!

EDIT: And is not spelled ANDD

EDIT AGAIN: customs is not spelled costumes

[edit on 16-8-2009 by ashnomadonte]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I agree with you

second line is I still agree with you

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Public pool does not mean it's a public institution, it mean itS' open to the general public.

My guess is that those pool want to make money. So they find customers who are willing to rent their pool for a fee. Like any hotel would rent conference room to any customer, they rent their pool to whoever have money.

So maybe these muslims got organized and rent the pool for a private session where they set the rules.

What is wrong with that? muslims have learned about free market!
I guess they are better integrated than some members here thought.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jigore

Can you provide proof for what you clame? I would like to see in the article where it says that is the reason...you know why you can't because they most likely don't rent the pool other wise why right an article on it. Because it would not be a big deal.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jigore

There's probably an element of truth in what you say.

However, it's also very likely that Muslims now comprise a very powerful voter-block within that particular electorate.

And politicians being the scum they are, those votes are all important.

That's how Muslims (and other ethnic groups) achieve their objectives, worldwide. They know the power of their vote. And they use that as leverage in getting what they want.

So we have greedy, dishonest, unethical, Me-first politicians desperate to climb up the political ladder. First they get the Muslim vote for giving Muslims what they want. Then the political-animal uses those Muslim votes to lever himself into a more powerful, more lucrative position, higher up in politics.

Wielded by those at the top (those political-scum who've already climbed the political ladder) the hammer comes down on the public from above. At the same time, the public's legs are being chopped off by lower echelon politicians in local government.

So the public is being bashed from the top and the bottom simultaneously. With the media putting in low-blows from all sides.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I don't even like going to the local swimming pool...

more like cesspool !!

I think of it like one big soup of people....

I know I am weird...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

Well done, St Vaast. This is the sort of half-fast post that gets people all riled up over absolutely nothing. The pools have times when the Muslims can enjoy the pools in the garb they feel comfortable with. If you want to swim at those times, you'll need to honor that dress code. If not, then go at the regular times when ordinary swimwear is permitted.

When people say those are "our" pools, I assume they mean that they're paying taxes to support running the pools. Well, so are the Muslims. Deal with it.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Brits are push overs...

I can't see that happening in America.. and I s'pose if it does and it's a private pool it doesn't matter anyways eh?

Go to a different pool.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

The practice of holding special Muslim swimming sessions has led to non-Muslims being turned away.

David Toube, 39 and his five year old son Harry were last year refused entry to Clissold Leisure Centre, in Hackney, east London, after being told the Sunday morning swimming session was for Muslim men only.

Council officials later said staff had made a mistake and both Mr Toube, a corporate lawyer, and his son should have been admitted.

After discovering the rules at Thornton Heath one Croydon resident, 34-year-old Alex Craig, said: "I think it is preposterous that a council should be encouraging this type of segregation over municipal facilities.

"Surely if Muslims want to swim then they should just turn up with their modest swimwear at the same time as everyone else."

So what about these people? What about the non Muslims? Forget them right? Why can't we all just get along?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by arxgen
I don't even like going to the local swimming pool...

more like cesspool !!

I think of it like one big soup of people....

I know I am weird...

When I was in vegas the one day I went to the pool.... no joke... someone pooped in the pool.

How does that happen?

There were plenty of [snip] people around.. I suspected one of them.

Removed insult based on nationality

[edit on 17/8/09 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

whaaa? Why are the Muslims getting so much rule in Britian? Are they the majority in Britian? Are they mostly British born or transplanted?

edit to add additional thoughts:

When I think of Britian I think of bangers and mash, dark ale, all hail the queen, the gaurds that don't blink, fashionistas, NOT muslims and burka wearing swimmers!

[edit on 16-8-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I know it's off topic but it must be said that reminds me of caddy shack to funny and gorse!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join