It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swimmers are told to wear burkinis

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Some of what you say is correct but some of it also smacks of BNPism!!!

i was expecting this post to be accused of an ism or an ist sooner.
when any one points out whats happening or even mentions (islam/muslim/quran) suddenly fascist/racist/islamophobe/xenophobe are all used in various combonations to discredit any one who speaks the trueth about the current nightmare known as multiculturISM
so to only smack of bnpISM isnt so bad.
your reply slightly smacks of (uaf/searchlightISM) too

but thanks for trying to see past the ISM`S & ISTS to confirm some correct bits in my post

I was going to type 'right wingISM' but it didn't sound quite right

I didn't bother to go into to much detail about your correct bits because a lot has already been said during this thread but yeh Multiculturalism used to work but since the Islamists have gained more of a foothold here it doesn't really work anymore.... not where religion is concerned anyway.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

May I ask you to refrain from using offensive and foul language.

I do not come into a thread to read such vulgarity. Plese do try and refrain from posting such offensive language in the future, thank you very much.

This whole rule, is absoultely ridiculous. What is this country comming to nowadays.

Those who are banned, from these publicly owned pools, for not wearing the right attire, or are refused entry, if they refuse to wear the attire acquired. Should take those incharge of these publicly owned pools to court. I for one would do so.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Vaast

Therefore, NO-ONE is going to make you wear Muslim dress to swimming pools IF you attend the NON-muslim sessions, ok?

It's only during the MUSLIM sessions that Muslim attire must be worn and respected.

So, according to your reasoning... if the muslims swim during the non-muslim swim period they should be forced to wear regular bathing suits?

They can swim ANY TME THEY WANT wearing their muslim garb. Why can't non-muslims swim any time they want wearing their bathing suits?

[edit on 17-8-2009 by craig732]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
That would be a nice occasion to use the "magic word"

that Sancho is spreading, right ?? B-)

! ! NO, we will NOT use ANY other swim suite than our NORMAL ones ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

The rapist "scum" you are railing about are just that: rapist scum. Not "Muslim rapist scum". Just rapist scum who happen to be Muslim. There are many more rapist scum in Australian prisons who are not Muslim than are.

I'm surprised you didn't throw in an epithet against the cleric idiot that defended these guys on contrived Koranic principles. You know: the head of their mosque and honorary "Imam of Australia" guy who likened the girls to "uncovered meat, and wouldn't you expect cats to come sniffing around?" and said "its the girls fault in 99% of these cases?". And who couldn't find fault with the good Islamic education he gave them while they were growing up in his mosque, even if it did turn them in to undisciplined "cats" who can't control themselves around "uncovered meat"?

You know, the same guy that every other Muslim spokesperson from every other mosque or support group or charity or citizens group or retailer group that had any constituency of any kind in the Muslim community couldn't disown fast enough?

Of course family is going to back their kids. I certainly hope you don't think that is unique to Muslim families.

You are right in one sense though, Australia hasn't really woken up yet. It takes more than a couple of years to recover from 10 years of a blatantly racist government, the destructive policies that followed from that racism, and most difficult of all the poison implanted in the minds of the 'less thoughtful'. And the anecdotal evidence is there for all to see: within the last several months, the Islamic community has failed to get zoning permission to build a new mosque in a neighborhood (for traffic and public amenity reasons), but a new church (with twice the congregation size) has been given the go ahead to build nearby.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by rnaa

Can I ask for a link to where a pool requires you to be nude when nudists are there?

Here's a couple in Melbourne. Don't know about Sydney. I think there is at least one in Brisbane.

Nude Swim Nights at Maribyrnong Aquatic Centre

Nude Swim Nights in Dandenong

There used to be a nude swim night at the Collingwood pool too, but I can't find a link to it. Might not be happening anymore.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

HAHAHA Star for you I thought to myself there was no way anyone was going to find a nude swim time but here we are! To funny thank you for making this topic a bit more livelier.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Vaast
My suggestion: remove all fundamentalist Muslims from Western nations, at gun point if necessary. Load them up and ship them out. Drop them on an island. No-one other than more fundamentalist Muslims may enter. NONE may depart. Then they have their perfect world.

And the zionazis will have to find ANOTHER method of dismantling Western societies.

One last thing: all Western politicians suspected of aiding Muslim dictators are to be banished to the Muslim island, for life. Then we'll all be happy and able to get on with our lives

Madagascar Plan

Sound familiar?

We all know what happened next.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I had no idea I learned something new today thank you!

I think that removing them from the UK is a mistake thoe, why can't they just a simulate you know. Why must the push there beliefs on us at public places. This goes for any religion Im glad I like in America.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Absolutely outrageous

I can't stand do-gooders and political correctness and this story is another example of the mockery the government in the UK has become.

The majority of the posters in this thread believe its wrong to impose muslim religion on the British public but I see we also do have some people who don't find it a problem.

Let me add my thoughts (Although most of what I have to say has already been said)

Simply put... THIS IS OUR COUNTRY

If muslims, or any other group of people for that matter, don't like our culture then go elsewhere!

Do you think I would be allowed to go to a muslim country and start imposing my religion or culture on their public? NO!

In response to all the people who have said things like "its only for 3 hours a week" or "go at a different time" your missing the point.

Firstly as others have pointed out; what if the only time I can make it to the swimming baths is the muslim hour?

Secondly, its the principle! Why should I have to change my lifestyle or go swimming at a different time in my own country???

Answer: I shouldn't.

Now I understand and respect that muslims may feel uncomfortable due to their religion being around half naked people but I'm sorry if thats the case then they will have to put up with it.

Thats how we swim in the UK and guess what... thats where the muslims are living - so you follow our rules.

They can wear whatever they want to swim, just come to the pool like everyone else does.

I think creating seperate muslim swimming pools is a good idea to a degree. At least they aren't being offended and would probably feel more comfortable.

I also think having a seperate muslim pool is good for a personal reason. I'm not sure about anyone else but I'd be pretty annoyed to turn up at the local baths and see muslim women swimming around in burkini's.

However, if we start creating seperate swimming pools for people then what next? I see a massive downward spiral. As someone mentioned are we going to start creating muslim changing rooms next?

Does any other religious groups get to have their own classes either? Nope!

I don't understand the power the muslim religion seems to have over figures of authority in this country.

We already have polish supermarkets, next we're going to have muslim swimming pools? Ridiculous.

This country is hardly British no more and its ashaming to have such a weak and PC government.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I am overweight and am self-conscious of how I look.

Genuinely, that is the only reason I don't go to the public swimming pool and get some much needed exercise.
Can we fatties have our own private sessions?

I think not.

So what makes Muslims so bloody special?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I am overweight and am self-conscious of how I look.

Genuinely, that is the only reason I don't go to the public swimming pool and get some much needed exercise.

I think not.

So what makes Muslims so bloody special?

Correct!

Only the do-gooders will say that you can change your weight but these muslims won't change their religion or some other crap like that.

The point your making is spot on.

I'll also mention that its a little unfair for anyone to say that just because theres a mothers and babies night then whats wrong with having a muslim hour/night.

If people can't see why some swimming pools have a mother/baby night then they shouldn't even be commenting.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
In Belgium the Burkini is already forbidden, its not hygienical..In middle earth you see them swimming often with all their clothes on, even in pools! i mean get a life.. act normal and stop segregating..

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
mmm one of the odds..Swedish model Oksana Andersson women of Swedish footballer Christian Wilhelmsson has to wear a burqa in her new habitat Saudi Arabia[ he plays nowadays for football club Al Hilal ]..
Not only that, they must be married and she is not allowed to drive a car..
That's right, integrating in one anothers country...

www.telegraaf.nl...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
How about Hindu only sessions.
Or Jewish only.
Or seperate sessions for followers of Baha'i.
Or even Jedi's.

For years people fought against seperatism and apartheid etc.
It seems that Muslims and their PC backed apologist friends are determined to bring it back.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I bet if you asked, you probably could

Have you asked? I bet the LA there would think its a damned good idea.

See - I didn't learn to swim until I was 25. I was damned embarrased about admitting I was terrified of being in water deeper than I could stand in.

So I went to a pool and asked, and the pool had a programme - closed sessions - just for people like me. Every week people turned up on spec - even though the session was advertised at the pool as being for new swimmers only, and they were turned away.

See....us pesky new swimmers...we should be sent home... (well, home was a 15 minute drive away) we don't integrate.... hell, WE didn't even allow other people in at all.....

Oddly though, no one on ATS thought to write about it until now.

I think I've incriminated myself.

"quick ma....fetch the rope.....theres gonna be a hanging....."

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Nef, I know there's no 'fatties only' sessions at my pool, I just enquired about half an hour ago.
I asked why not and I got the typical 'I don't know, I'm just the receptionist' response which, to be fair, is getting quite rare, receptionists are being replaced with automated message systems which really pee me off!

But I digress.

The point is, why special treatment for Muslims and not other religions.

Or is it that Islam is the only religion that is so bigotted that it would demand special treatment for it's followers?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Like i said before.... the best way to beat them is to go out in your short tops/tight tops, shorts, short pants, mini skirts (for girls). Shorts, vests, no tops (for guys)..... walk around in your areas like this and i think they'll soon get the message.........

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Like i said before.... the best way to beat them is to go out in your short tops/tight tops, shorts, short pants, mini skirts (for girls). Shorts, vests, no tops (for guys)..... walk around in your areas like this and i think they'll soon get the message.........

Did you mean walk around their areas dressed like that?

I fear if we did we would probably get shot!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Did you mean walk around their areas dressed like that?

I fear if we did we would probably get shot!

I just meant here in Britain! It's summer now and i still see these Burqa clad women walking around..... I'm saying that if you go out in dress as stated in last post then most Muslims who don't like it will more than likely leave..... or even decide to stay at home all day everyday......

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join