It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Laws of Attraction" share your story.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I have noticed how popular the "Laws of attraction" have became here lately. I myself do believe in it but, unfortunately am having little luck with it .I have bought books on it and researced it on the internet but, still not a whole lot of luck.I think my main problem is lack of dedication to it and geting to side tracked.Anyway I would like to hear everyones storys and outcomes to those who have practiced the "Laws of attraction".I think it might help me and others hearing others success story's that I know isnt being used as a sell gimmick on someones website.I would also like to hear from those who are having problem's with it,and why they think it is failing.Any pointers other than that of the usual would greatly be appreciated to.Thanks to all for the following replys.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by trey85]

[edit on 16-8-2009 by trey85]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
My whole life I have been looking for justice. I am sick of all the injustice in my life, and each time it arises I end up winning the day and getting justice. What I've learned more recently is that in order to get Justice...you have to be treated unjustly. This is the law of attraction. So I gave up wanting justice for myself, and am now focusing on justice for others.

What I've learned about the law of attraction is that everything is a ying and yang. To feel rich you have to go without money, otherwise how would you know you had a lot of money? I'm beginning to see that what ever you focus on you must experience the polar opposite in order to receive that which you focus on.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I started at a company interested in traveling. not knowing this would be possible there. thought about it allot through out the year I was employed there, then a position opened that required travel, all the time. I applied for the position and got it and I was very qualified for it. It also came with a nice increase in pay, of which I had been needing. This position opened many doors for me of which I have taken advantage of and have prospered from. I have always been working the laws of attraction and didn't realize it till it hit me like a brick when I saw the movie/doc THE SECRET. I then understood what I was doing all those years. This example is just one thing that I had happen for me, there are many more. It works.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
My First experience with the Law of Attraction was about 3 years ago. I finally sat down and watched the Secret. My first thought was that it was ridiculous, especially the cheesy examples. Anyway, on their website there was an exercise to do. It was a blank check that you could print out and sign to yourself a believable amount of money you think you could obtain. You were supposed to post it somewhere that you would see it frequently and everytime you look at it, focus on the money as if you already had it. I made it out for $1,000. With in 5 days I found a blank envelope with $1500!! It was surreal. It was then and there that I continued to focus on whatever I want, and with time and effort things came to me. Even the little things

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I don't have any particular story for Law of Attraction. Inversely, I found that most of my life is surprising. If Law of Attraction is so powerful, most of the events in my life should be as expected. I believe Law of Attraction do have some contribution to an event, but there are many other factors too.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the replys they are truly inspiring I hope to hear many more.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
My experience took place over the course of years. I didn't really put any sort of name to what happened, but I guess the "Law of Attraction" might be a suitable label.

I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but at some point around the time I was 17 or 18 years old I had this thought come to me. I guess it could be considered more of a plan for part of my life than a simple thought. The plan was this: between that point in time to around the time I turned 30 I would pay off my loans, avoid credit of any kind unless absolutely necessary, not only stay out of debt but work hard to build up savings so that I could be secure and live in a way that was comfortable and satisfying to me, and finally get married when I was about 30. There were some other minor details in this plan, but those are the main points.

I didn't dwell on the plan all that often. But it would come back to mind from time to time and I'd realize how right it felt to me. Also along the way, when I'd fulfill one of the goals, for lack of a better term, I'd basically smile when I realized that my plan was falling into place. I realize that the things I was aiming to achieve weren't anything out of the ordinary or unusual, but for me they were very relevant and seemed like the right things to do.

Well, when I finally hit 30 years old, everything that had been laid out in my plan had come to pass. I was debt free, had never touched a credit card, took on only two loans which were for vehicles and I quickly paid them off, and I was in a position financially where I felt very comfortable and prepared for anything unexpected. Lastly, I was married. The marriage thing was particularly surprising because I'd often struggled with the thought that I might be single for my entire life. Being alone for nearly 30 years can do that to a person.

Looking back now, several years later, I'm still surprised and shocked at just how accurately it all fell into place. Was it the Law of Attraction at work? Perhaps. However I am certain that thinking occasionally about that portion of my life, and how I wanted things to work out, must have had some sort of influence on my course of my life during that time.

new topics

top topics

join