It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town Halls Having an Impact? White House Bends on Health Care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
[color=gold]Town Hall Having An Impact?

I've included the associated video for those that like to stay within ATS.

Sebelius has recently disembarked from her magical broom to make a few public statements regarding health care...

Shhhhh... Here's the beast, Let's watch...

(click to open player in new window)

Even as Democrats claim the outrage seen at town hall meetings across the country does not reflect public opinion on health care reform, the Obama administration is changing tactics and signaling that it's ready to compromise on a key element of its reform push.

The shift suggest that critics of Democrats' health care reform plans are having an impact, and could change the course of debate in Washington once Congress returns from recess.

On Sunday, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said the so-called public option -- a government-run health care plan that would be just one component of a broader health care overhaul -- is "not the essential element."

A coop would be an option but, personally, I still don't like any gov't involvement.

Kill the bill... Start over. Tort reform.

Don't let them pass any of this junk off on the American People. Remember, Cap & Trade is still pending also. No quarter.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
well finally, we can go back to being the only industrialized country without a national healthcare system...whew!!!...i was concerned OUR RIGHTS WE GOING TO BE TAKEN FROM US!!! we just can't have that in this country.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm really angry that they removed End of Life Counseling under the insurance plan. Literally. I think pretty much no one understood what it meant, got scared, started rumors, and flipped out. My grandparents use End of Life Counseling because my grandpa has terminal cancer. They're not killing him, they're helping my family cope with the fact that he's almost 90, going through treatments, and has four types of cancer.

It would be sweet if that kind of counseling was covered under the new plan. It would be a really nice thing, because it's necessary in many cases and it's very expensive. But no, everyone had to freak out and now it's not going to happen.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Yes the town halls are having an impact, but it is more because they are trying to wined the tension, I still don't think it is going to matter at all, people are wound up and are starting to get the hang of things.

We will see what happens in the future though, I don't think people are going to by it.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

The problem with it is that many people easily way to do what the government wants them to do. And if the government wants to save money, your dieing relatives with cancer become an expense that doesn't need to go on.

The term death council is accurate because a council under the government, IE, bureaucracy, always seeks to do the best, with minimum effort and spending. Death is cheaper then buying pills for grandma.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I think it is horrifying that this was used against health care reform. But who cares about the elderly and their needs. Guess the elderly will continue to be treated as second rate citizens in this country. Many of them veing our vets.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Really doesn't matter. In Sept. Congress will reunite, forget all about what was said, assemble a similar 1000 page bill by merging several bills, and pass it before the public can find out what that one is all about.

I am convinced this is more than just about covering 40 million uninsured or reducing costs.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

The problem with it is that many people easily way to do what the government wants them to do. And if the government wants to save money, your dieing relatives with cancer become an expense that doesn't need to go on.

The term death council is accurate because a council under the government, IE, bureaucracy, always seeks to do the best, with minimum effort and spending. Death is cheaper then buying pills for grandma.

this is already happening with the insurance companies now...they are killing thousands a year with non-payment of claims...oh yeah...you don't want to actually hear from people, where this has taken place. i hope the demos ram this through.

and all the politicians that don't vote for this...cut them off from any healthcare paid for by the government...their 165,000 salary should be more than adaquate, to pay for all the premiums that want.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think they conceded the public program to try to placate the people. And to motivate them to calm down, but will this work? Will the masses go back to there homes and ride out the rest of this madness and let the government go about business as usual? Who knows time will tell I am a bit sad thoe I was looking forward to watching a movement take hold and grow. Well I suppose the white house just took the wind out of there sails.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Not supporting one does not mean I support the other.

The media has you convinced that there are only two options: government run or company run.

That is a bold face lie and to act like that's the only option is simply ignorant.

There is the option of having nothing run. Just pay doctors directly from a fund created by saving money elsewhere on deleting oil dependence or something.

new topics

top topics

join