It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico Replaces All 700 Customs Inspectors With Agents Newly Trained To Fight Drug Smuggling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Mexico Replaces All 700 Customs Inspectors With Agents Newly Trained To Fight Drug Smuggling

www.rockymounttelegram.com

Sunday, August 16, 2009

MEXICO CITY — Mexico replaces all 700 customs inspectors with agents newly trained to fight drug smuggling
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Taking place on a Sunday, this news is out of the ordinary.
Other news write ups state the reason for this unprecedented move was to crack down on corrupt border gaurds that were allowing the flow of guns and drugs.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Perhaps this is what The Department of Homeland Security has been planning in conjunction with Operation Stonegarden.

The government has sent soldiers to airports and border crossings across the country to take back the guns issued to the inspectors.

Tax Administration Service spokesman Pedro Canabal says the officers were not fired. Instead, the agency decided not to rehire them when their contracts expired over the weekend.

They were replaced with 1,400 newly hired agents who have undergone months of training and background checks to ensure they have no criminal records.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well at least we know that no drugs are going to get into Mexico from the US.

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

this means nothing of the sort. All they did was change cartels. You think the current custom agents were just helping these drugs get in for free?

now we have a whole new player and new game..

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

Mod note: Please don't discuss personal drug use on ATS. -- Majic

[edit on 8/16/2009 by Majic]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by arxgen

this means nothing of the sort. All they did was change cartels. You think the current custom agents were just helping these drugs get in for free?

now we have a whole new player and new game..

Sorry if my sarcasm was missed. I said that no drugs were going to get in to Mexico from the US... obviously the reverse direction from which the drugs really travel: Mexico > US (not US > Mexico).

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Sorry if my sarcasm was missed. I said that no drugs were going to get in to Mexico from the US... obviously the reverse direction from which the drugs really travel: Mexico > US (not US > Mexico).

Yup Mexican customs inspectors would only have authority of stuff coming IN to the country

Won't do a thing the other way as its US customs inspectors you need to get past

Sorry for stating the obvious...

[edit on 16-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Now we have a whole new player and new game..

I tend to agree with this analysis.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Now we have a whole new player and new game..

I tend to agree with this analysis.
Why's that?
As mentioned, Mexican customs is only obligated to prevent illicit materials from entering Mexico, not preventing anything illicit from getting out.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Sunday, August 16, 2009

MEXICO CITY — Mexico replaces all 700 customs inspectors with agents newly trained to fight drug smuggling

Related News Links:
www.google.com

This is what I have been waiting for for 2 years now. I have been tracking the activity on the border for a year now. The first thing that gained my interest was the photo op with bush on the border in FAV's. And the list started there. Too many mishaps and weird things have happened in a very short time frame. This is how it is going to happen. 700 agents! That is tens of thousands of people that go right through their watch stations in a matter of days. Maybe even in the hundeds of thousands depending on the flow of traffic.

Something came across that border today, I don't know what or how many but it happened today during the shift change. Mass Chaos means Mass Mis- Direction!!!!!!!

My fellow Americans and Patriots, if you still believe in this country, you will be on your toes now and remain on them until we know we can come down. What ever form chaos comes in, we have to be ready for it.

I am not worried about our military, for they will be standing by our side, it is always the unknown element that causes the problems.

IF YOU FEEL THAT YOUR FREEDOM IS BEING THREATENED CALL OUT TO YOUR NEIGHBOR AND TELL THEM WHAT IS GOING ON. IF YOU FEEL THAT YOUR NEIGHBOR'S FREEDOM IS BEING THREATENED, CALL OUT TO THEM AND CHECK ON THEM.

NOW IS THE TIME TO STAY ALERT AND GUARD YOUR DOMAIN. WE HAVE TO STAY ALERT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep an eye on your friends and neighbors,

Eye of Eagle

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Yes agreed.

With billions of dollars of profits, Mexico’s drug gangs have proved adept at recruiting public officials into their ranks. Mr. Calderón’s government has disbanded police departments and replaced the officers with soldiers, arrested local politicians accused of working with traffickers and rooted out top-level government officials found to be on the payroll of the country’s powerful drug cartels.
www.nytimes.com...

Bolding to highlight the problems that will still exist.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

That is like replacing all cia and presidents guards with new people and expecting them to be as good at their job.............

It's obviously done on purpose to allow more things mostly drugs smuggled into the country...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Makes one almost wonder if the the border drug war wasn't allowed to escalate so as to give an eventual pretext to militarize the border on both sides ...

Almost.

new topics

top topics

join