It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minister warned over 'UK Roswell'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Minister warned over 'UK Roswell'

news.bbc.co.uk

In 1985 Lord Hill-Norton wrote to Michael Heseltine about the "Rendlesham incident" in 1980, when US airmen in Suffolk thought they saw an alien ship.

In 2003, ex-US security policeman Kevin Conde admitted that he and another airman had shone patrol car lights through the trees and made noises on the loudspeaker as a prank.

But in 1985, Lord Hill-Norton - a former chief of the defence staff and First Sea Lord - wrote to Mr Heseltine, the then-defence secretary, to express his feelings about the event.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
What a intriguing story, either a huge disinfo excercise, or a government minister showing genuine concern over an alien threat.

I like the end of the article where it tries to exzplain UFO sightings through stealth technology (to my knowledge they still sound more or less like a plane and move like a plane ie don't hover).

It is also revealed that UFO sightings leapt from 117 in 1995 to 609 in 1996 - the year that Will Smith aliens-on-earth blockbusters Independence Day and Men In Black were released, and alien conspiracy series The X Files was at the height of its popularity with UK audiences.

Ahh, thank goodness they've shown direct correlation btween UFO sightings and these films.

It's true, after 'Ghostbusters' was realesed there was a fifty-fold increase in the sightings of 200 foot marsh-mallow men too!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I can never understand why Rendlesham was ever called the "UK Roswell" there is nothing to compare with in the actual incident, in Roswell the d'heads crashed their vehicle, in Rendlesham they only stopped for a smoke. The aftermath is another story, read the Beeb story again especially where it says "they thought they saw an alien ship" those are the Beebs words, not the witnesses de facto at the time, and probably not since.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

You're right of course, but sometimes you can read more into the reaction of the public/politicians/militaryt than the incident itself.

This guy wrote to the governemnt suggesting it was a matter of national security, one doesn't do that unless there is actually a possible threat from ET, (cough) unless he's mad of course!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
hi all ats'ers heres the documentary to this UFO incident at Rendlesham forest and i love this video. It may ov alraedy been posted on ats but im new as a member but been an ats user for about 3years.

http//:www.youtube.com/watch?v=r35q0KQMXOg

Enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TÖP_BÜZzËR
hi all ats'ers heres the documentary to this UFO incident at Rendlesham forest and i love this video. It may ov alraedy been posted on ats but im new as a member but been an ats user for about 3years.

http//:www.youtube.com/watch?v=r35q0KQMXOg

Enjoy it.

Here is your video.

join