It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be in fear of our government?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I know, I don't have an avatar and my post looks plain. Please read the article. There are very good points here that the ATS community should see.

www.newbernsj.com...

Too often now when some people voice fear of the American government, whether it is its policy involving Homeland Security or health care reform, one is accused of being irrational or paranoid.

Have you ever been told you are being paranoid? I have.

Today the legal team of President Obama is of the same mind as FDR was when he launched the New Deal. What is needed, they argue, is the reaffirmation of FDR’s Second Bill of Rights, with its emphasis on entitlements and the coerced services needed from everyone so as to deliver on these. So when one opposes this policy, one is clearly an obstructionist. One is breaking ranks from an army that needs all the soldiers to be dedicated and loyal. Patriotism is then defined as falling in line with the government’s plans.

Didn't the Obama team want everyone to tell on the dissenters of their plan?

The fear of the American government becoming more and more tyrannical is not irrational but completely justified by the logic of the current administration’s attitude about political and legal theory. What we are seen as, all of us, is tools and resources for carrying out the government’s plans. Anyone who disagrees may well need to be neutralized.

May well need to be neutralized. Swine flu vaccinations with nanoparticles anyone?

[edit on 16-8-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
From another article that should be looked at.

The only villain left is the American people. Not all Americans, Obama and the media assure us. No, the real villain can be traced to the 'hate groups' that have suddenly, and conveniently emerged. As reported by ABC: "Experts say a sharp growth in so-called militia groups that helped spawn a wave of domestic terrorism in the 1990s - are now using YouTube, rock music and the Internet to recruit members and spread hate and fear - and shouldn't be ignored." These hate groups, we are assured by the ultra liberal Southern Poverty Law Center, are protesting President Obama, not his health care plan. Not only that, they are putting his life in danger. Headlines inform us: 'Fear For Obama's Safety Grows As Hate Groups Thrive On Racial Backlash.' This is a media twofer. Obama is the now the victim instead of the oppressor. And dissenters are racist rednecks. The only problem is, Americans aren't buying it. They're suffering from the political equivalent of the 'battered woman syndrome.'

www.americanthinker.com...

Militia groups that have cropped up on Youtube and the Internet? Wait till they get a load of this place!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Nice post, good essay.

The truth is, the government should be afraid of us.

Pity.

S&F

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well, if you take the definition in webster of what terrorism is ... My Polk Co. Sheriff committed terrorism against me...
when they threatned to take me to jail for expired registration...
its a money thing not a criminal thing so why the threat of taking me to jail... terrorize me ... sorry got ice water for blood lady... the navy made sure of that...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends,

it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government
, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

It seems to me that if it has come to the point that most Americans FEAR the government, then:

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
No, and some people probably are afraid of the government, but I can assure you most of the people aren't.

That is why the media is acting like it is acting and the government is acting like it is acting, they are afraid of the people, but they are trying to show that they aren't, but it is clear as day that they are.

There is nothing they can do if millions of people start to riot. All they can do is try to save their own hide. I feel we have reached the point where it is going to be the peoples way or the highway, this health care thing was just the issue to get people out of their house and say something, it isn't going to stop.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
"When even one American who has done nothing wrong is forced by fear
to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril."

– Harry S. Truman

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 8/16/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
No, and some people probably are afraid of the government, but I can assure you most of the people aren't.

That is why the media is acting like it is acting and the government is acting like it is acting, they are afraid of the people, but they are trying to show that they aren't, but it is clear as day that they are.

There is nothing they can do if millions of people start to riot. All they can do is try to save their own hide. I feel we have reached the point where it is going to be the peoples way or the highway, this health care thing was just the issue to get people out of their house and say something, it isn't going to stop.
And it is ashame that it took a healthcare bill to awake the sleeping giant...alot more important things to get all fired up about

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

From another article that should be looked at.

The only villain left is the American people. Not all Americans, Obama and the media assure us. No, the real villain can be traced to the 'hate groups' that have suddenly, and conveniently emerged. As reported by ABC: "Experts say a sharp growth in so-called militia groups that helped spawn a wave of domestic terrorism in the 1990s - are now using YouTube, rock music and the Internet to recruit members and spread hate and fear - and shouldn't be ignored." These hate groups, we are assured by the ultra liberal Southern Poverty Law Center, are protesting President Obama, not his health care plan. Not only that, they are putting his life in danger. Headlines inform us: 'Fear For Obama's Safety Grows As Hate Groups Thrive On Racial Backlash.' This is a media twofer. Obama is the now the victim instead of the oppressor. And dissenters are racist rednecks. The only problem is, Americans aren't buying it. They're suffering from the political equivalent of the 'battered woman syndrome.'

www.americanthinker.com...

Militia groups that have cropped up on Youtube and the Internet? Wait till they get a load of this place!

It seems like people are not taking SPLC and their associsted ADL seriously, but these "organizations" are contracted for training law enforcement agencies nationwide. There fore their opinion can become police policy in short order. I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem telling cops to crack heads if it fits their agenda.

SPLC on militias

also they were the second most cited research source for the infamous "DHS report on terrorism", right after Sorcha Faal/david booth's website.

DHS report intel sources revealed through FOIA

The PTB are listening to the crap they are spewing and using it to make policy.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by consciousdrum
And it is ashame that it took a healthcare bill to awake the sleeping giant...alot more important things to get all fired up about

You know I keep hearing this and I don't get it. This crap has been piling up for years and years, through several administrations. Obama ran on a platform of change, and all we get is more of the same or worse. Call it the straw that broke the camels back if you want, but I am not going to stand for another government power grab. You could dig George Washington himself up and put him back in the whitehouse and we would not take this crap from him either.

And furthermore people have been protesting this s*&t all along, it just depends on whether the MSM wants to cover it or not. Now that it fits with their agenda, as dictated by TPTB, then you damn well better believe they are going to cover it and grind it into the ground. Any thing they can do to make the other side look racist, backwards, or out of control will be played to the hilt. You hardly ever see a liberal protest on the news where the protestors are not made out to be saints, no matter what their behavior. Also if the cops are kicking their asses, which I DO NOT condone in any way. I have had my head knocked at a protest and it is not good family entertainment.

/rant off

[edit on 16-8-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Nice Story, Opinion piece, Op Ed.

This sentence kinda jumped out at me tough:

the Obama administration is attacking those American citizens who voice opposition

I have seen no evidence of that. I have only witnessed the desire for discourse, sharing ideas and clarifying rampant disinfo and smears.

Can anyone provide me an erudite, credible source where a citizen was "attacked" by the Obama administration?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
No, the government should fear its people

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Can anyone provide me an erudite, credible source where a citizen was "attacked" by the Obama administration?

I don't know if you're trying to be smarmy with this question, but the Administration is on the attack:

Barack Hussein Directs His Ire to A Specific Media Outlet

This is called lashing out...

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I dont think I would use the word fear.

To many preconcieved notions that fall on that word.

I would maybe say... Should we be angry with the government?

Are we being represented appropriately? Are the leaders loyal to the people or some foreign (foreign doesnt necessarily mean outside the country) entity?

Is the will of society being implemented?

And therefore do Americans need to do something about it because government has gotten too far out of hand?

Fear??...nah.

Something that usually goes unnoticed...it becomes more evident of how the government is actually more fearful of us the more it lies. Those that have sway on the policies of our politicians are more fearful than ever. Why? Because the people are starting to become unsettled. The happier the poeple are, the less dissent and less outcry that occurs.

The more people start standing up and recognizing things are not the way they seem, the more nervous and two faced the government becomes...due to their fear...

We are seeing the unsettlement of the American people now. Hopefully the government does not get too scared...back a snake into a corner and they have only one option...to strike. To strike to kill.

Why do you think the government and lobbyists spend so much money on advertisement for different legislation? Because they know if they were to just pass bills and laws without the consent of the poeple, there really would be revolution...Revolution like never before seen. So what do they do? Spend millions on ad campaigns promoting whatever the new flavor is to get the new law implemented for some small group of men to make a lot of money...But the key is for the people to go along with it...for the people to decide whether or not it is good for them...For the people to implement it...That way their is no backlash.

That of course is not always the case, but usually when something seems to good to be true...its because indeed, it is too good to be true...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by kinda kurious

I don't know if you're trying to be smarmy with this question, but the Administration is on the attack:

I accept that as a credible reply. Thanks. You've made an excellent point. I concede, you got me. Uncle.

(Despite it was a News channel and not a citizen, keyword: "attack.")

I'll accept 2nd place on this. ( 2nd place = first loser.
)

Regards. . . KK

[edit on 17-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Wait a minute. Where is the "attack"? WHAT is "lashing out"?

Obama was responding to the criticism that the media is not critical of his administration by pointing out that FOX is. Where's the "attack" in that?

"First of all, I've got one television station entirely devoted to attacking my administration."
"Well, that's a pretty big megaphone," he said. "And you'd be hard-pressed, if you watched the entire day, to find a positive story about me on that front."

Saying that there's not a positive story about him is an "attack" now?

How sensitive are you that you consider that an "attack"? He didn't say ANYTHING bad about FOX. Just that they ARE critical of him.

On Topic, No. We shouldn't fear our government. They work for us. If anything they should fear us. We should, however, be VERY aware and question them constantly.

Remember, fear and disagreement aren't the same thing.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

On Topic, No. We shouldn't fear our government. They work for us. If anything they should fear us. We should, however, be VERY aware and question them constantly.

Very true. I think that both parties many times forget that they work for us, and believe that they work for the lobbyists. The health care debate is a perfect example. The reason that health care reform of ANY kind is virtually impossible to achieve, is due in no small part to the role of extremely powerful lobbyists. The fact that health care accounts for anywhere from 1/6th to 1/3rd of the economy (depending upon how it is measured) reveals how powerful those special interests are. Even the people who disagree with the current 5 or so plans on the table, admit that health care reform is absolutely essential. Anyone who believes that the current system is sustainable just doesn't understand, or else is blind to the facts. The key is how do we reform health care, DESPITE the lobbyists, and DESPITE the partisan nature of both parties. I wish I knew, but so far, no one seems to have been successful.
I for one, don't fear our form of government, but rather the interests that seem to have taken control of it. I firmly believe that our form of government is very workable, but somehow the special interests need to be exposed for what they are, greedy and looking out only for the bottom line.
We need to have our politicians in both parties to say "Enough with the lobbyists".
Why do they have lobbyists?
One reason is laziness. It is easier to just have the lobbyists tell them what is in the bill, than it is to read 1,000 pages. In addition, it is easier to have the lobbyists actually write the bill. In academia, we called that plagiarism.
Of course, some love lobbyists for a more corrupt reason, that is, they fund their coffers.
Get rid of the lobbyists on both sides, and maybe true health reform, based upon the needs of the average citizen, might succeed.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Did I just give your post a star? What the heck is the matter with me.

Well said "Teach."

The antonym of fear is assurance.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think people who aren't a little bit afraid of the government are simply foolish. Its only prudent to regard an entity that can imprison you for any duration, deprive you of your money and property for transient reasons, and generally ruin your life with a degree of fear. Honestly if you aren't at least a little bit frightened by the power the government has over you then that raises some serious questions.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just look at my situation to know for sure. it would be really easy to understand this way. If you want the chickens safe hang a coyote out at the front gate to keep the coyotes and wolfs away but that has not happened and why no one is help accountable in the USA gov or for what i went through instead the opposite hang chickens and sheep at the front gate to let the wolves know they can feed at WILL!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join