It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda affiliated group declares war on Hamas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

'Islamic Swords of Justice' posts message on al-Qaeda website vowing to avenge deaths of 24 people, including radical leader Abdel-Latif Moussa, in shootout with Hamas Saturday. 'War is on its way,' says group

n a message posted by al-Qaeda's websites the Islamic Swords of Justice, a group affiliated with the Salafi movement, vowed to avenge the deaths. "We tell our people who witnessed this crime that this is not over, and war is on its way," the message said.

The group warned residents of the Gaza Strip to stay away from government ministries and Hamas security offices.

"We call on our people to stay away from mosques attended by leaders of the infidels Ismail Haniyeh and the ministers and legislators of his government, who legislate against the will of Allah," the message added.

Ynetnews

Looks like this one may not be going away????

Could this start to get nasty???

Could Al-Quaeda start terrorism bombings of the Hamas???

If they keep Hamas occupied, they may not have time/resources left to attack Israel?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Whatever Al Qaeda is and I haven't figured out that question yet. It has declared war on everyone on the Planet. It's desperation, not strength. I think their members might be realizing soon enough that they bit off way more than they can chew and their story ends much the same way as Mussolini and Hitler.

Hamas should consider itself lucky to be fighting Al Qaeda, if they bring enough severed heads they'll be welcomed finally as a member of the international community.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This only complicates matters even further in Gaza. Apparently, it sounds like civil war is brewing in Gaza between Hamas and the Al-Qaeda affiliated sect. All this will lead to is more senseless killings of innocent people. They are always the ones that get stuck in the middle of politically motivated violence.

I wonder how Israel or Fatah feel about these developments? It is only obvious that one or both will get involved in this melee in one way or another to prevent spillover into their areas. Gaza is already a mess and with these developments it only exasperates the problems even further. Hopefully, it doesn't result in death squads marauding in the dead of night against civilian supporters of said groups involved. What a mess!

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ok,

Now many people seem to think Al-Qaeda is the US (CIA/NSA/your favorite three letter federal agency).

If that is so, does this mean the US is taking the war to the Hamas directly in a manner that they are very familiar with.

Does this mean the more the Hamas attack and kill, the worse they will be viewed???

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

There have been rumors for some time that Al-Qaeda was formed during the Afghan-Soviet War. However, there is no concrete evidence to validate the claims of any link between US intelligence services and Al-Qaeda.

However, given the evidence of the tacit support for the Mujahideen with arms and money by both the Carter and Reagan administrations and with Osama Bin Laden being present in Afghanistan during the war with the Soviets, I think it is safe to assume that the US may have had a hand in the formation of Al-Qaeda. Who really knows and if it is true I am pretty sure the US would protect that information with every resource available. I still find it interesting that Al-Qaeda is stirring up stuff in Gaza against Hamas. One would figure they would have similar ideologies?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I personally don't think al-queda or however it's spelled du jour, is wholly controlled nor influenced by any particular US agency. I do think, however, that like any other organisation, al-queda is in touch with various agencies, religious sects, feedback groups, heck maybe even Hollywood, and hears rhetoric from all directions and like any good organisation picks it fights based on public exposure in order to win the masses over.

What happens now is Hamas has to either mediate with them or fight them (ironic, eh?... kind of like the USA and al-queda, taliban, hussein...).

edit- for spelling

[edit on 8/16/2009 by abecedarian]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

IMO..................

It seems to me that Hamas is now having to deal with the exact same kind of terrorism they inflict in Israel.

Forgive me, but to a certain degree, that strikes me as funny.

Hamas trying to figure out how to deal with terrorists.

I wonder what effective measures they will use in them?

I wonder if those same effective measures are used by Israel against them, if all of a sudden, those methods will be murdering, since they are no longer doing the killing?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

IMO..................

It seems to me that Hamas is now having to deal with the exact same kind of terrorism they inflict in Israel.

Erm... Surely you mean Israel on Palestine right?

So now the freely elected Hamas are having to deal with yet more crap, this time from fellow muslims.

Poor buggers.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

No, I do not.

I mean exactly what I said.

You are, of course, welcome to your own opinion-even if it is wrong.

What you may not do is tell me what I do or do not believe.

That said, please stay on topic.

The topic is how Hamas will deal with it's own terrorists issues.

Unstated, but implied is also what will the group claiming to be Al-Quada do to fight back and take revenge on Hamas for killing 12-20 people and wounding 70-100 people, depending on news source.

Will we start seeing Hamas buildings blowing up?
Will we start seeing coffee shops blowing ups killing civilians?
Will we start seeing mortars and rockets?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You are, of course, welcome to your own opinion-even if it is wrong.

That works both way pal.

But to keep this on topic i'll refrain from getting involved in a long drawn out 'who killed who' arguement.

But i can't help feeling like this is 'orchestrated'

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I am not completely convinced it is not.

Lets just say, completely unsupported, that you are correct.

So the US has taken on Hamas's tactic's.

Seems to me if you find it ok for them, then it seems it's ok for us.

I am still very interested in what and how Hamas will deal with continuing terrorism.
(after they are done blaming the US/Israel)

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Hamas trying to figure out how to deal with terrorists.

They deal with terrorists all the time! They're called the Israelis who choose to get back at the previous attack against them and perpetuate the violence.

Interesting turn of events in two areas. One if the United States is behind Al-Qaeda (or some part of it) this would be an opportunity to strike back using the puppet name, only it will bring about more unfortunate deaths on all sides while the puppet-masters remain unharmed.

Second part, if the US is not in control of Al-Qaeda (which I don't believe to be the case) then Western countries could have their little off to the side sect that they're bringing up to declare jihad on Hamas (the freely elected government that we don't support because we believe in democracy
)

Either way, it's a bad turn of events and will lead to more death. Sad state of affairs we live in.

--

And in case anyone notices that I have not put out a scenario that doesn't involve Western powers, particularly the US... well, that's right.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

niteboy, you completely are off topic.

You should know better as a super mod.

The post is how Hamas intend to deal with group claiming to be Al-quadea (pick your spelling) and their attacks and future attacks.

As a side note, I also asked if it would be ok to use the methods Hamas use on it's terrorists, I.E. us them on Hamas.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

As it is the topic, I was simply stating my feelings on a discussion forum that I happen to be a super mod in that considering my personal belief that Al-Qaeda is a arm of American intelligence, the faulty logic of such an advance being made that would only lead to further bloodshed instead of peace.

It is never ok to lower one's own moral standards to that of the enemy you wish to portray as evil. In fact doing so shows a lack of a societies moral character that leaves a glass house with many busted walls. It is not safe, it creates more enemies, it degrades the values of America in general and makes us no better than that we fight. Stare to long into the abyss and the abyss stares back into you.

Furthermore, if you take issue with my posting style, I would recommend you u2u me on the issue or submit a complain/suggestion in order to not create any further derailment of the thread you wish to keep on topic.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

As it is the topic, I was simply stating my feelings on a discussion forum that I happen to be a super mod in that considering my personal belief that Al-Qaeda is a arm of American intelligence, the faulty logic of such an advance being made that would only lead to further bloodshed instead of peace.

It is never ok to lower one's own moral standards to that of the enemy you wish to portray as evil. In fact doing so shows a lack of a societies moral character that leaves a glass house with many busted walls. It is not safe, it creates more enemies, it degrades the values of America in general and makes us no better than that we fight. Stare to long into the abyss and the abyss stares back into you.

Furthermore, if you take issue with my posting style, I would recommend you u2u me on the issue or submit a complain/suggestion in order to not create any further derailment of the thread you wish to keep on topic.

No, you did not, come on now.....

You tried to spread your anti-Isreal agenda.

You provide nothing to the topic of what will hamas do tom resolve their terrorist issues with AL-Qeada(sp).

Yopu went off topic on oh Israel this that and the other, completly off topic-

If you want to post about what you think Hamas should. will do, great.

If you want to post about if it will be ok for Israel to use these methods on Hamas, great.

But thats the topic, if you want to post other idea;s/material, try a new post of your own, please do not derail mine, thank you very much.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

You tried to spread your anti-Isreal agenda.

Not in the least.

You provide nothing to the topic of what will hamas do tom resolve their terrorist issues with AL-Qeada(sp).

Incorrect. In order to address the issue of what Hamas must do to resolve issues with Al-Qaeda, one must first look at the source of the problem in the first place. In this case, you have an extreme sect of the Mujahideen which was once (by most accounts) funded quite openly during earlier administrations and grew to become a problematic (regardless of source) group of people that want to pretty much execute everyone but themselves. One can immediately say "Wow, a terrorist going after an elected government," but that would be unfair in the sense that one would be looking at this issue from a few years ago up until today. In fact, it dilutes any topic to where I'm not quite sure anything could be discussed if the entire broad spectrum of the situation is not allowed to be breached.. but I digress.

If you want to post about what you think Hamas should. will do, great.

OK, now we're getting somewhere! Based upon the fact that just as Palestine fires rockets into Israel, and Israel fires rockets into Palestine, Hamas should be quite adept at dealing with a few more terror strikes.

If you want to post about if it will be ok for Israel to use these methods on Hamas, great.

That would have nothing to do with the topic, so I would rather not discuss it any further. This is about a sect of Al-Qaeda choosing to wage jihad on Hamas.

But thats the topic, if you want to post other idea;s/material, try a new post of your own, please do not derail mine, thank you very much.

You're quite welcome.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Well, I can speculate what Hamas will do to quell the emergence of Al-Qaeda in their backyards. First, they will use some of their assets to infiltrate the organization to glean intelligence about the whereabouts of group leadership and to identify supporters of the group among the Palestinian populace. Then most likely a plan will be devised to take them out with extreme prejudice. As a result, a violent purge will ensue. If Al-Qaeda is indeed an asset of the US, then it would be in their interest for this terrorist group to stir up things in the West Bank and challenge the power and authority of Hamas to govern in Gaza.

As a result, it will give Fatah an opportunity to exert it's influence in Gaza since losing the elections and much of their influence in the Palestinian Parliament in 2006. Fatah will try to use the commotion as a means for a re-emergence in influence and matters of government. Hamas hasn't been so forthright with the United State's plans for the region and this is a perfect opportunity for a group like, Fatah, who is somewhat inline with US to reclaim power. Again this is all speculation, but it has all the hallmarks of a foreign intelligence agency meddling in Palestinian politics through a proxy group ie: Al-Qaeda.

Then you have Israel in the middle of all this as well. I can see them ratcheting up pressure on Gaza with their blockade. More armed incursions into the Palestinian territories to prevent the spill over violence into Israeli held territories. They can use the violence in Gaza as an excuse for their actions because their security is in jeopardy with the infighting between the two groups.

So in other words, the recent chain of events has all the hallmarks of a power grab and the systematic destruction of an elected government through covert actions, intrigue, and deceit. If the US is Al-Qaeda's handlers as some have speculated; I wouldn't be surprised at actions like the ones going on in Gaza. However, it is only going to make the bleeding that much worse for the civilian population as I stated earlier in the thread.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
On every thread of this nature, two worldviews collide:

General Worldview: Jihadism is carried out by fanatic muslims

Conspiracy Woldview: Jihadism is a secret creation of America/Israel in a Machiavellian scheme to underimine muslims.

On the first page of this thread, these two views are exemplified by mrmonsoon and niteboy. And they are so far apart from each other that they necessarily lead to the same conflict of worldview being repeated endlessly from thread to thread.

Rather than taking either of the views for granted, maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle in that certain extremist brands of islamic fundamentalism are simply prone to violence and that the U.S./Israel are permitting this violence to happen in order to justify their own agenda?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This group criticized Hamas for "not being Islamic enough". So Hamas went in and destroyed them and their followers. How many civilians were among the dead, I wonder? All of them?

This is why there will NEVER be peace in the Middle East until Palestinian society undertakes a radical overhaul. The idea that restricting Israeli settlements will somehow lead to peace among these people is dangerously naive.

Even when they have a shared common hatred of Israelis, Palestinians still can't get their own house in order. They bicker, squabble and kill each other - factions within factions within factions. The politics of hatred.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
This group criticized Hamas for "not being Islamic enough". So Hamas went in and destroyed them and their followers. How many civilians were among the dead, I wonder? All of them?

This is why there will NEVER be peace in the Middle East until Palestinian society undertakes a radical overhaul. The idea that restricting Israeli settlements will somehow lead to peace among these people is dangerously naive.

Even when they have a shared common hatred of Israelis, Palestinians still can't get their own house in order. They bicker, squabble and kill each other - factions within factions within factions. The politics of hatred.

Forgive me, but it just kills me a muslim group saying Hamas is not Islamic enough.

They were militarily challenged (Hamas) and their response was to murder all the suspects and those around them.

Does that mean they find this acceptable method of dealing with problems like this?

Does this mean it's ok for Israel to use these same methods on Hamas???

If not, then it's a ok for us but not you situation.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join