It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do abductees follow a particular lineage?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

And it very well could be very real, I just feel it is best to utilize the scientific process first. As I said, the remaining percentage of cases makes me think that, yes, aliens are abducting humans for whatever purposes. Your case may be one of those, I do not know as I have not researched it, but I feel you are sincere and telling the truth so I have no reason to doubt you. Even if the expierence was mundane that does not mean anyone is at fault or lying, we do not understand A LOT concerning the complex human mind.

[edit on 8/16/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
well, if there is one thing i can say, its that most things in the world cannot be understood by just science. science is still flawed. there are things in life that cannot, and will never be explained. scientists are still only human. they have no way of knowing the reason for these types of things. they research.. and research will never solely provide you will all the answers

so dont just rely on scientific explanations for everything

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

so dont just rely on scientific explanations for everything

Never, that would be the worst possible way to go about investigating this very real phenomena. One must be balanced and objective, as well open minded when trying to tackle something as epic and original as this.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

My daughter has described a similar experience to me as well. Yes I do think it follows a lineage although I am not quite certain why. My family has a strong link to not only UFO's but also paranormal and psychic experiences. My son has strange marks that are shaped like a triangle first on his front and now on his back. Oddly enough his girlfriend who is also having troubles with paranormal activity has the exact same triangle within a triangle marks on her back that he has. only slightly smaller. I don't know what to make of it all, but it is just another one of those odd things that I have come to accept.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
mmm... not necessarily. no one really knows that we all came from the same 2 people. in fact, that doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me. those are the views of someone who believes more in the typical christian faith views of the origin of mankind.

uhm, no. I am not Christian, I am pagan. Please don't make assumptions just because I believe in science.

and all men share a common male ancestor who lived in Africa about 60,000 years ago.

It is all science, follow our ancestors back, and we find a common genetic ancestor for everyone on this planet.

www.ornl.gov...

Each of us living today has DNA that contains the story of our ancient ancestors' journeys.

DNA studies do not indicate that separate classifiable subspecies (races) exist within modern humans. While different genes for physical traits such as skin and hair color can be identified between individuals, no consistent patterns of genes across the human genome exist to distinguish one race from another. There also is no genetic basis for divisions of human ethnicity.

My opinion is not a religious one, it is a scientific one. It just makes since, that in all the time we have been on this planet, moving around, that we are all related to each other.

Do your study.

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

You were going into a sleep pattern. You may have been sleep deprived also it can happen as you are awake.
The spider is the give away. It is a classic symptom of hynogogic hallucination.

Lots of people have had it if you makes you feel better

www.stuckinadoorway.org...
www.freshmd.com...

There is always the chance of paranormal, Im not discounting that, but sleep deprivation as you were feaful of a ghost or something? is what caused the spider vision.

Perhaps trace the patterns, what came 1st, ghost? spider? alien? think about your patterns of fear and sleeping. One may have been real, the others were a reaction...dunno

[edit on 16-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

EXACTLY, my husband does this ALL the time and I am right beside him, I can guarantee that every time he does this, their are no spiders. This will quite often take place when he is exhausted or stressed. Many times it seems to take place when he is on the cusp of sleep, but often he will wake up in the middle of the night, looking somewhere in the room going what's that, I see a spider or a myriad of other things. As I do not sleep well, many times I will be awake and just tell him "you are dreaming hun", and he will go right back to sleep.

It is very REAL to my husband when it happens. Many times he remembers the next day and can even describe "what he saw" in detail. He also talks in his sleep.

Being that I am quite often still awake when he does this, I can guarantee no paranormal activities take place, no aliens, no ghosts of any sort. Just him having dreams that cause him to partially wake and see things.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I believe it could be genetics. Specifically the health of the abductee. This is just my own personal theory.

If you were planning to use the genetic material of a Human to make a hybrid or whatever they plan to do, then why would you choose people with genetic health problems like cancer, Diabetes, and other health problems that have a genetic factor. When people study animals they look for healthy ones. Not sickly ones who will die or never live upto thiet potential of peak physical health.

So why would the ETs take sickly humans? They wouldnt IMO.

Has anyone ever looked at the health of said abductees. Do they live longer? Do they have better lives health wise? Are they free of life threatening genetic diseases like cancer and so on? If they do have things like cancer do they survive it?

I think these are all important questions.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
interesting points. it could be healthcare. it got me to thinking about some funny things.

while my mom, and particularly dad have suffered an extreme amount of health problems... and probably should have died 10 years ago... they are somehow able to overcome it all. my dad has has quadruple bypass heart surgery with 3 of his arteries 100 percent clogged and one 60 percent clogged and didnt suffer a heart attack. he has diabetes. he had dengue fever. he had a disease that only one other person in the world had, caused from fungus spores released from indian burial grounds that were being dug up close to the area he was driving by, with his car window down and his tongue turned black and his sheets would be covered in blood every morning. he has broken his back. he has had an infected root in his tooth which doctors said should have killed him, just recently. hes had many many many others things as well i could go on and on. and yet he is still alive and well.

my mom is the same. she has had multiple health issues yet still seems to be one of the healthiest people i know.

my brother sean got into a horrible car accident in a rainstorm in traffic, and yet when his car skidded across the highway to the other intersection, for a full minute no cars where anywhere in site, and yet as soon as his car was off the road and safe, a crapload of cars appeared out of nowhere.

I myself have never broken or sprained one bone. I have never had any sickness or disease. I have perfect health and sometimes dont even understand why because its not like im some super health freak. there have been many times when i was supposed to get in a car to go to a party or something and for whatever reason i would change my mind at the last minute and stay home, and those people would end up in a terrible car crash, some of them dead. this happened many times. anytime some sort of dangerous situation occurs, i get a feeling beforehand and end up out of harms way

im not sure if this could just be luck, genetics, or maybe that the aliens are trying to keep us alive and well for some purpose we are meant to undertake in our lifetime... but it does strike me as more than odd. oh, and at least i know my mom and myself and my brother have O blood type.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I've heard cherokee-irish being one, but I bet that guess is 100% bogus, because lets face it, every 'abductee expert' is doing it out of his own pocket with little to work with, his data is going to be too small and probably biased, and the supposed abductees, this is where I get lost, how do we know they didn't have a bad dream, are hiding a traumatic memory like rape and covering it up with a false alien story, ok so they say they were probed and raped by aliens, maybe their mentally ill and were in for a legitimate hospital procedure, I just don't buy the bulk of the people who claim they were abducted, in fact I would say I don't buy 100% of them.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
well... im pretty sure myself and all the people in my family werent just dreaming or hiding some secret past of theirs by making up a story.

i mean ive sat outside with 10+ people at night and seen ufos in the sky.

its not imagination.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I think (since it seems in most accounts their primary objective is to harvest DNA) it is all based on strong genetics. AKA You have really good DNA.

Ahem..

Anyway, I have always thought that they go after people with little genetic defect. Hereditary disorders could be a disqualifier for abduction. However if you are a fit strong member of the species then you would be a prime candidate.

Only the best for hybridization!

[edit on 17-8-2009 by DaMod]

<< 1   >>

join