It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida electric utilities keep top salaries top secret

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Now here is a real kick in the rear end. The electric company says it needs to raise the price of supplying its electricity by thirty one percent. When asked what they pay their top employees, they say it is none of the public's business. Don't you think that they would disclose this and show a full accounting of where their money goes and why they would need such an increase? This is out of control is what it is. In these hard times, wouldn't a supplier of a much needed resource not be worried about disclosing such things? I believe that this is not justified under their current position of not saying what they pay the big dogs.

In their bids to get electric rates increased next year, two of the state's top electric companies said Monday that it's not in the public's interest for them to disclose how much they pay their top executives, according to documents filed with state utility regulators. Florida Power & Light and Progress Energy argue that disclosing how much they pay their executives in salaries, stock and bonuses is not necessary for the Public Service Commission to determine whether to allow it to raise rates by as much as 31 percent starting next year. But PSC staff argues otherwise, noting that the salary data is essential to the regulators' ability to ``evaluate the appropriateness of the employee compensation to be included in the rate base.''

www.miamiherald.com...

And wouldn't those big dogs be willing to part with some of that compensation to help the ordinary working stiffs that supply their compensations in the first place? I have a real name for such scum that I cannot post here.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
31% you got to be kidding me! This is pure greed if I ever saw it.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulhacking

Oh yeah, without a doubt. Those blood sucking tptb's hard at work is what it is. They sit back and decide that the money they are vacuuming in isn't enough so raise the rates. Never mind telling everyone why, just raise the rates so they could buy that new jet or hummer. Absolutely sickening.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
there is something about Florida that is very important to the NWO, I dont have a clue as to what it is.... when I figure it out I will make a post about it... we are special for some strange reason...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Holy moly. 31 percent? Those rates would probably finish off what is left of the middle class who still have Jobs in florida. No one there could survive the price hikes during summer months.

top topics

join