It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest crop circle, August 16th 2009. This one is a beauty! And scary...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Two things I do not understand about this are:1.If humans,why?I get making a monkey out of someone by a prank,but 70 in one year?A prank?Judging by the number of people in the photo's of the CC's it's not a big money maker.Plus the farmer cut downs implies no money made,only lost.2.Why all the contentiousness here?I don't get on threads I have no interest in.I don't get on threads to bicker.What could be the point?Same people,same contentions,same insults,and same tired references to self proclaimed hoaxers.Debunker protestations have all been stated clearly and re iterated ad mortum.Leading up to the request that it be placed in below top secret,fer crying out loud.If this isn't a big secret,what else is?!?I wish there were one thing we all can agree on,but can't seem to even agree these are round.There is always a reason.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by trueforger

Just enjoy the crop circles.
Ignore the whole man made / alien made threads.
Concentrate on the meanings of the many crop circles.
Have you seen the one that translated to Pi? 3.14159...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Yeah I agree one of my favorites is German street artist Edgar Müller

They are really freaky to walk on

Just google 3d sidewalk art amazing mind messing stuff
www.impactlab.com...

Beever...

[edit on 18-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Urgh, seriously, how can anyone here claim that they are convinced either way as to whether they are made by humans or not with regards to the time/effort involved.

There's plenty of reasons humans would make them. Money, attention.. I mean what do you think those crop circle connector guys are in it for? Discovering the 'truth'? I dont think so. If they were then I think they'd cut back a bit on the thousands of pounds they must spend on getting helicopters up there to take pretty pictures, and do some actual research instead.

And if anything, its a pretty flower... although once again the idea seems to be that all crop circles must be predicting impending doom of some description. Woop woop.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Bluebelle, did you notice that there were no mistakes?
How could there be no mistakes if people made it at 2 AM?
Could you make it at 2 AM with no mistakes? Be honest.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

What does the time have to with anything ? Does everyone in the world suddenly start making mistakes at 2am or something ?

It's funny that just because some people don't know to make these circles and aren't experienced in circle making that they assume every other person on the planet is the same.

Nothing is impossible, things only seem impossible because you haven't figured out a way to do it yet, but that doesn't mean that someone else hasn't figured it out and has been doing it for a while

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Yes, me going into a field in the middle of the night to make a crop circle when I have never done anything remotely like that before in my life, or have any clue what Im doing, is obviously the same as asking a group of experienced, organised crop circle makers to make something they have made many times before.

[edit on 063131p://f51Tuesday by Bluebelle]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

It's hard to see what you are doing at 2AM.
Even with night vision goggles, it's impossible to make that
crop circle with no mistakes.
If you tried to make it during the day, the farmers would run you off.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have provided you with a "jigsaw puzzle" and a "picture" of what it's supposed to look like when you are finished -- now it is up to you to put it together!

SULEMA AMEN

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
why are the crop circle all the time all the same?

they are beautiful complex in form but
its made by humans !

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I just beg to disagree go your path, I'm going mine. Clearly theres to sides to the coin always is. If your stuck on the subject of being 100% right then in my eyes thats the definition of ignorance.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Have you ever tried to make a crop circle yourself ? If you haven't then all are doing is assuming within your own limitations, quite natural, everyone does it. But it doesn't mean it's true as it's just an opinion and a misinformed one at especially with no prior knowledge from attempting to make one.

ALLis0NE posted this video on the previous page, I'll post it again as it appears people still don't believe

Do you still think it's impossible for humans to make them ?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Why do you guys always say 'impossible'? Have you ever looked through Generation 3 night goggles? Maybe the reason they are more complex now is because they can see better at night

Richard Cowan, who farms 1,500 arable acres in Oxfordshire, has twice - last
year and in 2002 - allowed Mr Lundberg's company to make crop circles on his land for Orange. He was unwilling to say how much he was paid, but another farmer, in Wiltshire, said that the going rate was "at least £500 for each circle and sometimes much more". Mr Cowan said that the circles had caused him to him to lose about £200 worth of crop, giving him a "decent profit" from the
deal.

Besides that the trams can still harvest the crop even if its bent over

Why do they do it?

The rewards for the crop circle entrepreneurs are high and growing. The AMD job was the group's most lucrative so far. Mr Lundberg is unwilling to give precise details, but says the contract was worth "tens of thousands of pounds". The budget for the Big Brother campaign was estimated to be £250,000, and for Orange's Wiltshire project about £100,000. "We are doing well," Mr Lundberg said. "We are all earning a very healthy living from crop circles."

www.circlemakers.org...

Not bad for a nightys work
Where do I sign up?

[edit on 18-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Very good and very interesting!
It is yet another industry. Thats for sure.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
Yes, me going into a field in the middle of the night to make a crop circle when I have never done anything remotely like that before in my life,

Oh come on no worries
Just as long as the 'old hands' lay out the pattern you will do just fine

It is said that ancient Egyptians built the Great Pyramid using stings and sticks as survey tools... They aligned it perfectly and all the math like the squaring of the circle and the golden section incorporated into the design is flawless... yet mankind today is not smart enough to make a few squiggles in a corn field?

Well then I guess this proves the Pyramids must have been made by Aliens as well

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Discotech

It's hard to see what you are doing at 2AM.

Hi, sorry to pipe in but I'm told that if all the ropes are measured out and labeled first it's pretty hard to make a mistake... logistically out of this world though.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
Hi, sorry to pipe in but I'm told that if all the ropes are measured out and labeled first it's pretty hard to make a mistake... logistically out of this world though.

I do a lot of woodworking... one of the tools I use to make a circle is very Medieval... but it works very well...

You take a long flat stick, drill a hole at one end... then a series of holes say 1/2 inch apart at the other (depending on your needs.

Put a pin or nail in the first end, stick a pencil in the appropriate hole and you ALWAYS get a perfect circle... String works the same way...

As long as you secure the one end, and keep tension on the string, and its a not stretching rope... you CANNOT make a mistake.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

This however, isn't an 'arch'... it is a compound curve. That forms a tangent with another.

Compound curves are very tricky.

The idea of putting a stationary point in the ground and laying things down at a determined length is simple enough. This isn't.

PS - notice how this compound curve still meets another curve to form a tangent.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nice, I'll definitely look into Edgar Müller's stuff. Thanks for pointing him out to me.

But yea, I've been a fan of Beever's for a couple years now.

The wierd thing is you have to been looking at the drawings from a certain vantage point or they don't really look like anything.

Well they don't have that 3-d look to them like a bottile standing straight up in the street. When it's really a loooong stretched out Bottle that covers almost a whole city blocks sidewalk.

Great stuff!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join