It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not being hidden- DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY CONTINUITY OF OPERATIONS PROGRAM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Found this doc and thought you all. See I do think of yall...some times...

It's nothing special, but it is enough to shove intot he faces of non beleivers who scoff at the government/military programs mentioned here. Well, now they can not deny the truth.

(pdf doc)
Continuity of Operations (COOP)

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I cannot state why, only that this is a hoax.

Search some of the key functions and you'll see why.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
I cannot state why, only that this is a hoax.
Search some of the key functions and you'll see why.

I find this post most confusing. Maybe I am missing something key as you allude here. Please explain the exact reason for your doubts. It could save us all some reading time. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Why should they hide it? It lays out the parameters for emergency planning in the event of an attack or natural disaster. There's nothing sinister here, plans like this have been around for decades.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I was able to locate an older version of this 2004. Having them side by side allows for better understanding of the changes.

2004 DON SECNAV

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The author is real, here's his page on the US Navy website.

Robert O. Work was confirmed as the Under Secretary of the Navy on May 19, 2009. In this capacity, Work serves as the deputy and principal assistant to the secretary of the Navy and acts with full authority of the secretary in the day-to-day management of the Department of the Navy. Work was a distinguished graduate of the Naval Reserve Officers Training Course at the University of Illinois, and was commissioned a second lieutenant in the U.S. Marine Corps in August 1974. During his 27-year career, Work held a wide range of command, leadership, and management positions. He commanded an artillery battery and artillery battalion, and was the base commander at Camp Fuji, Japan. His last assignment was as Military Assistant and Senior Aide to the Honorable Richard J. Danzig, 71st secretary of the Navy.

navy.mil

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yes, the material is not hoax as a few initiates of the conspiracy world may like to beleive.

The thread was not intended to be an exercise to see who failed to determine this was real or not, but as an educational and information sharing opportunity.

ArcAngel
I suggest you get with the program, there is nothing fake, hoaxed or deceptive in the Continuity of Government, and it is very real. What else would a good military force do in order to support and defend the object of their life long sworn oaths?

It would be stupid for any military, from any government to NOT have a continued survival plan.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Nothing is a hoax about continuity of government. In fact, it is advertised, more or less. Heres a list of CoG sights across the country, from wiki:
* Each facility is counterpart to its peacetime equivalent.
o Site R (Raven Rock) → The Pentagon (Department of Defense)
o Mount Weather → Federal Emergency Management Agency(Used temporarily for Members of Congress in Sept. 2001)
o Camp David → Executive Office of the President
o Unknown → United States Congress (The Greenbrier was to be used until 1992, when it was decommissioned)
o Cheyenne Mountain → North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD)
o United States Strategic Command Center (Offutt Air Force Base) → United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM)
* Former site:
o National Audio-Visual Conservation Center (Mount Pony) → Department of Treasury/Federal Reserve (sold off in 1997 to the National Audiovisual Conservation Center)
o Project Greek Island (Greenbriar Bunker - Exposed in press and removed from service)
* Also, mobile systems are used for additional command and control.
o E-4, EC-135, and E-6 are all airborne command centers.
o Air Force One is the term for any USAF plane the President of the United States travels on. However, the term normally refers to a Boeing VC-25A the President normally uses. While the VC-25A is equipped with numerous systems to ensure its survival, in an emergency, it would be recommended that he use the National Airborne Operations Center, a Boeing E-4 specially built to serve as a survivable mobile command post. The Secretary of Defense may also use it, as a member of the National Command Authority. It is also possible that the President would authorize the Vice President to use it, depending on the circumstances.
o An E-6 Mercury, codenamed Looking Glass, is USSTRATCOM's Airborne Command Post, designed to take over in case NORAD's Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center is destroyed or incapable of communicating with strategic forces.
o NORAD owns and operates a mobile vehicular command center
* National Program Office was established as a shadow government by the Reagan administration.

Now tell me, why have all these facilities if the idea of CoG is a hoax?

new topics

top topics

join