It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else feel that something catastrophic is about to occur?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I just need to throw this out there and get some feedback. For the last 11 months or so my perception of the world has completely changed. So much change so fast. Our economy, wars and I believe new wars coming this fall,swine flu fears, vaccine fears.And on and on it goes. I am a Christian so I do follow bible prophecy and I believe we are living in the end times but I want to know how everyone feels about where we are and what might be that next big mind blowing thing whether it's war or terrorism, asteroid,etc. Whatever you believe it may be please let us know what and why.I think it helps to see things a little more clearly when we all come at it from different perspectives and angles.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I also have this feeling that something will happen. I dont know what, and I dont know when. It could be tomorrow, it could be in 20 years.

But... something big will happen. Something will happen that everyone in the world will talk about. Like 911, or the 2004 tsunami, something.

Since I cannot do much about larger events, I just watch and pay attention.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kleah

That's just normal paranoia, everyone has that...

I have a hard time buying into any 'impending doom' scenario; without hard facts saying OMG we are all going to die! Even then I'll likely be skeptical that anything is happening.

On thing on ATS is that you will see oodles upon oodles of 'ways it all could end,' but well, I've yet to see any pan out. :_)

So take it as wrote, that some day, some how, the world may end. How you get there, and what you do afterwords, will be on you.

M.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kleah

Erm no not really. I think our thoughts and our perceptions of our world are what we make them. If I think something catastrophic is about to happen then thats how I will percieve it.

Thoughts are powerful like that so I guess what you think is what you become, thoughts then become your own take on this world from your point of view.

Think positive
Forget the catastrophes.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleah

Yes, constantly and deeply.

Since about 1982

Hang in there...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have an idea that paranoia extends from an internal sense that we all possess. A sense that allows us to be in tune with the Earth and the in general and the flow of our life in particular.

Some believe that the Earth, and really everything, give off a vibration that can be detected by this sense - similar to a dog being able to detect fear, sadness, as-well-as the ability some dogs have to detect disease in infested individuals.

If there is something going to happen and it is determined by this possible phenomena you could, very well, be picking up these vibes. I guess that is where we get the term "Man, that chick gave me a wierd vibe."

Now, if there are several individuals who have this general feeling in your area, you may be on to something and an investigation into possible catastrophes may need to be performed.

Paranoia may stem from this phenomans as well. Someone may have had this sense and the outcome came to pass. Now, everytime they have a feeling of this nature, they are constantly trying to figure out what is going on. When nothing happens they begin to question their sanity and everything else around them and become "Classicly Paranoid"

Good Luck finding it out!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Honestly, I do not feel something catastophic is about to occur, but I can understand why you might, considering all the negativity and all that's occurring around us all the time.

I don't entertain catastrophe theories even though in 1984 I was told by a man (who was very widely respected in certain circles) that I, like he, 'will be there at the end'. He said certain markings on the palms of my hand determined this. I replied, ' I don't want to be there at the end'. And he shrugged, pointed to my palm again and said there was nothing that could change it.

Well, I decided I wasn't going to buy it and pushed it far back in my mind. People predict stuff all the time. And their predictions are proven wrong every day of the week.

Don't dwell on what might happen because worrying about things that will not happen 99% of the time can become a habit. And it will steal away your life and prevent you from doing and enjoying so much. There are no refunds at the end for time lost worrying about what might happen. Our days are limited in any case. What happens, happens. There's nothing you could do if the world popped like a balloon anyway. So turn your face to the sun and decide to enjoy as much as you can for as long as you can. Truly ... go for it .. have a good time. Be the cheerful one to everyone you know. Give others a lift at every opportunity. There's too much doom and gloom. Give yourself a break from it :-)

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Sit down have a beer and relax...then when it does end you will be comfortable
No really,in this age of communication it is easy to feed off alot of peoples paranoia and negativity if you don't keep yourself in check.I can just imagine if they had global communication in some parts of the 20th century.Would make 2009 look like a walk in the park.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
While I feel that some drastic change will most definitely happen in the coming years... i dont think it is going to be the end of the world.. or end of mankind. If anything, I think possibly something will happen that will wipe out a lot of the population, and those who survive will make this world a much better place.. learn how to come together after all of the mistakes of the past civilizations.

kind of a grim outlook... but also ... the world might be better off with less people

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

It really has nothing to do with paranoia it's reality.If you look at how things are lining up,things I thought I would never see or would never happen in my lifetime are pretty likely now.It is actually an exciting time for a lot of us not so much scary but amazing.I think it also depends on how old you are and your experiences in the world to see the big picture of where this all is going and I have to say it will be scary as we watch the U.S.A fall apart as well as the rest of the world

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Your feeling is because the posters here have predicted the Swine Flu, financial collapse, etc. for September and October of this year. You're experiencing a mild form of anxiety where you feel a need for closure to this. Quite common.

At the end of October, there will be nothing.. and you'll feel a sense of ease.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
reply to post by kleah

That's just normal paranoia, everyone has that...

I have a hard time buying into any 'impending doom' scenario; without hard facts saying OMG we are all going to die! Even then I'll likely be skeptical that anything is happening.

On thing on ATS is that you will see oodles upon oodles of 'ways it all could end,' but well, I've yet to see any pan out. :_)

So take it as wrote, that some day, some how, the world may end. How you get there, and what you do afterwords, will be on you.

M.

DId anyone have a clue the russian/georgian war was coming? did anyone know about the tsunami? there wer eno hard facts for any of that or many other things, the big things are big cause nobody knows its gonna happen and therefore get caught up in it..

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

The financial mess already started last year and swine flu all over the news for months now.So what I am saying is this is reality and bigger things will happen in the pretty near future.People are already flipping out over this H1N1 vaccine thinking it may become mandatory.People all over the US are pretty riled up at town hall meetings and it sure isn't just about health care it goes deeper.Middle of the road americans used to trust our government and our officials but no more that is over and it will be interesting to see where it goes from here

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Threads like this appear about every month at least or perhaps more often as time goes by. There might be some perception of catastrophe based on world events over the past year or perhaps something really is on the verge of changing the world as we know it.

I have been of the opinion that there is going to be some event or series of events in the near future that will shake us and cause great change.

There has been a string of events in my life over the past year that are pushing me to believe something is going to happen soon. But these things would only be taken as signs from a spiritual perception, or from the vantage point of "everything happens for a reason".

I do not see doom necessarily, but certainly change on a grand scale.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kleah

Maybe it's time to take a break from ATS?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Funny you should ask, I had a dream last night I was preparing a cave for nuclear war.

Other then that, no.

However my last three catastrophe dreams came true.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have no such sense of impending doom. I think much of that feeling comes about from all the negativity and doomsday prophecy going on. We're certainly in a financial crisis, one which appears not to have "bottomed out", despite optimistic forecasts by people who really have no clue (that would be all of us). I imagine it will get worse, before it gets better.

However, "worse" is a relative term. I don't think that large masses of people in the US at least will starve. I don't think they'll lack at least the very basics for life. In a country where lack of a remote control is considered a hardship, just getting your daily bread may seem like a disaster. But millions of people starve to death each year. We've got no legitimate cause to complain if we miss a few luxuries for a few years.

So far I don't see any major breakdown of social order, any mass rioting, looting, or military suppression of the public. I'm fairly sure that the government will make sure the people don't rebel, by making sure they at least have their necessities.

Of course, I could be wrong. But seriously, I've already seen worse than this, and my parents lived through the Great Depression. This is nothing, compared to those times.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If you want to see doom and gloom, look at the present...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Of course something catastrophic is going to happen!

Such events have been occurring from time began and as the human experience is one that is vulnerable in so many ways, it is simply a matter of when, not if something will happen.

For anyone to think or believe that things will be "fine" with all of humanity for the rest of time is denial at its best.

Not to mention the fact that humans define their existence through hardship. Without it there is no measure of the good times.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Does anyone else feel that something
catastrophic is about to occur?

I don't. Not really. Not right away, at least.

For the last 11 months or so my perception
of the world has completely changed.

Ahh, but see...here we are different. My perception has remained largely the same, and changed only barely over the past many years. And my perception has been such that planes can collide into towers, elections can be fixed, and disclosure can be annoucned again and again and again...and I am mostly unaffected by these events because they're already compatible with my existign perceptions.

Our economy, wars and I believe new wars coming this fall,
swine flu fears, vaccine fears.And on and on it goes.

Ok. But all of these are things that have not only been possible...have occurred many times in the past. I propose that it is not so much the world that has changed as your perception and awareness of it.

what might be that next big mind blowing thing whether
it's war or terrorism, asteroid,etc.

War has existed for thousands of years. Terrorism has existed for thousands of years. Asteroids have existed for longer than our species. None of these are new. Whatever the "next big thing" is isn't going to be somethign new either. It's going to be something that has existed, either or actuality or in potential for a very, very long time.

It will only be "big" to those who were unaware of it. To those who were unable to perceive the possibility.

we all come at it from different perspectives and angles.

Allow me to offer a perspective that may help you. Whatever the "next" thing to happen will be...however "big" or "serious" it may appear...I would suggest that the fact of it happening, the consequences of it happening...will be utterly trivial compared to the nature of the expereince of your perception changing to accomodate it.

It's possible an asteroid may destroy all life on earth tomorrow. Or maybe aliens will land. Or maybe humanity will be rounded up into concentration camps, or maybe Jesus will show up and announce that only fish get to go to heaven.

Who knows?

But if your mind is prepared for these possibilities, is already aware that they are possible...the fact of the event happening will have very much less impact opon you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join