It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird shooting star

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
yesterday at about 10:30pm me and my dad were watching tv in the living room when we saw somethng outside that looked like a shooting star but it was a green light and it was very bright
it looked like one of those green fireworks (which it couldnt be because it is impossible that someone set one of in the direction it flew) but has anyone any thought on if it is possible that a shooting star could give a green light

also it was there for only 3 seconds so i couldnt take a picture

EDIT: thx for moving wasnt sure where to put this

[edit on 16-8-2009 by karpator]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9389b81f1d45.jpg[/atsimg]

Back in February of '09, this guy passed us by.

Lulin's the name.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
thats a comet right

what i mean was relly close to our house (like 50meters max ) and was rather small

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by karpator

Yes, Lulin is a comet. I have no idea what you saw...in Belgium, correct? Your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
yea its really strange but i guess it was just a shooting star but so clase and so bright is just weird

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Shooting stars are meterooids burning up as they descend into our atmosphere. You say it was so "close," and "green." Perhaps you'll offer more description?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by karpator

I have never seen a green shooting star but a friend once told me about seeing a HUGE green shooting star. He's a commercial airline pilot and saw it during flight, from the cockpit, so I'm not sure if it just looked green because he saw it from the altitude he was at or what.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I saw an aquamarine colored (bluish green) one while in Iraq moving almost parallel to the horizon. It lasted for at least 5 seconds. We actually watched it break up into eight or nine more objects before burning out. Very cool.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
this was covered on the evening news here in Belgium.
Aparently lots of people saw and reported it. They say it was a small meteorite, but very unusual that it happened around 10 pm and not in the early morning hours.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
yea i just got a mail from my dad with the article of some newspaper in it that reported it

new topics

top topics

join