It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Vehicle Check Point (VCP) - Middlesex Last Week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Last week i was traveling through Rayners Lane in Middlesex (Imperial Drive to be pricise). Crossing one set of lights I noticed a van with a series of obvious video cameras visible in the top of the rear doors of the van. For those in the UK we see them sometimes used for mobile cctv.

Then a coned off lane - crushed vehicles on the right giving the clue that this was a DVLA License check.

All very normal and seen before - but with far greater numbers of police and community support officers than I have ever seen.

Until - I reached the end of the line of officers and there were a group of men with stab vests on (our police body armour) - with UK Border Control on the back of them.

Now for those that don't know the area of London I am talking about - we are miles from the coast and actually not that near Heathrow (its a £25-30 cab ride)

Looking at the cars I noticed one van (a red astra ) obviously owned by a plumber - how did I know - he was having to remove all of his tools from the rear of the van and place them on the pavement!

Having studied in Northern Ireland I'm quite used to VCP's - and the similarity to those in Belfast and Derry in the '80s struck me quite hard. I quite expected an armoured landrover or a saracen with squadies and SA-81s!

This really seemed some major overkill for a Vehicle Tax and MOT check?

Later that evening I went to my local for a pint and whilst there heard sirens and nine police units speeding past - followed by the met police chopper circling overhead.

Even though we have Northolt (a VIP airport) very close - this kind of activity was unprecedented in my experience (including the day of the 7/7 attacks)

Local media has made no comment - and I didnt expect the national to.

But I thought I'd post it here for some thoughts from my fellow UK ATS members.

Anyone seen anything this visible or pronounced recently ?

Edit to claify Title

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Silk]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
One possible explanation for the plumber at least is maybe it was a multiple operation with the benefits agency involved. If you are stopped at one of these checkpoints in a works van and it comes back as you are registered unemployed then expect to face some serious questions ( if the benefit agency is present ). You also have to remember how many people run businesses without the correct vehicle insurance ( again expect to lose your vehicle their and then ).

I have been through a lot of these checkpoints ( all usually in the same place ) and they do seem to target taxis/vans/bangers. Basically were they have more chance of a result with a baldy tyre or insurance issues etc.

As for the UK Border Control i have no idea or again maybe they were hoping to catch a few illegals via the checks they do. Sounds like the usuall over the top multy operation.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by LonReed]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

Star, and flag.

What you saw is a prime example of desensitization. They are training all of us as a scientist trains mice in a study.

Getting the word out about what you see in your local community; talking to the plumber you saw; letting people know the police cost him part of his hourly income; these will all help.

It's getting out of control, and it's time for civil disobedience.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

Hiya bud, sounds like they could have been acting on some prior Intelligence. UK Border Agency is usually all about black market trade and illegal immigration. You don't mention if the dogs were present? No dogs means drugs were unlikely to be the target. Weapons perhaps? Would explain the plumber's van being turned over. It's interesting nonetheless

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Prior would sound Ok but they have run DVLA stops on this road a number of times - but nowhere in the size of force i witnessed.

We actually have Northolt on the doorstep - home of 63 Sqn, Queens Flight and the London base for the EOD (bomb unit)

Even when a major VIP (Obama's unit was here when he visited - the Beast was landed here along with the backup units) - this size of operation wasnt about!

It was a huge sight to see - even down to catering vans !

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Had to drag this one up again - Thursday last week the same event was in progress. This time witnessed by myself and my wife who was asking "wtf is that all about?" as we drove through.

She's not a conspiracy nut - prefers Most Haunted (!! sorry about that) - but she's finally asking the right questions - and its interesting because she lost(misplaced) her driving license and passport during one of our house moves so any time we need ID its a real chore to find any.

new topics

top topics

join