It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools gear up for swine flu shots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
AP ENTERPRISE: Schools gear up for swine flu shot

WASHINGTON – Hundreds of schools are heeding the government's call to set up flu-shot clinics this fall, preparing for what could be the most widespread school vaccinations since the days of polio.

An Associated Press review of swine flu planning suggests there are nearly 3 million students in districts where officials want to offer the vaccine once federal health officials begin shipping it in mid-October.

Many more may get involved: The National Schools Boards Association told the AP three-quarters of the districts in a recent survey agreed to allow vaccinations in school buildings...(more)

When I first started reading this article, I was quite worried about it, wondering if the vaccinations will be mandatory. But then I noticed:

Not only must a parent sign a permission form, but someone needs to make sure it's filled out correctly and matches up with the kid. And there is staffing: Health professionals will need to administer shots and also check kids for reaction to the vaccine.

Schools will also need to decide whether parents should be present, said Brenda Greene, director of school health programs for the National School Boards Association.

So, doesn't seem mandatory, but sure seems a huge undertaking for a virus that personally I don't know of anyone having locally where I live, in MN. Maybe it is the concern it will mutate? I don't know.

But after reading all the threads here mentioning possible dangerous side-effects, the suspicious origination of this virus, or the possibility it may be a means to inject *something else* within the recipients I don't want my family taking it.

Please make sure to read the article itself, has a lot more info on this. Here's the link again:
AP ENTERPRISE: Schools gear up for swine flu shot

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I am glad that they are making parent permission mandatory for this flu shot.
It seems as though schools are a major source of public infection in the USA. Every time my child goes to school he brings home the new infection and shares it with our family and we spread it to the people at work and they spread it to their families. A vicious cycle it is.

With the reports of the swine flu being less serious than the common flu I am planning on not signing any permission slip granting permission to vaccinate my kid. Only because the risks of brain damage with the vaccine are greater than getting the swine flu itself.

To the OP thank you for posting this because I was actually worried that vaccines would be given without my permission and I would have to watch my kid suffer. I feel a little more comfortable now.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

To the OP thank you for posting this because I was actually worried that vaccines would be given without my permission and I would have to watch my kid suffer. I feel a little more comfortable now.

You are very welcome. Yes, that was my concern too. And I don't want my kids getting the shot as well. But...wonder if school admin. will put pressure on anyway to have all kids get it...we'll have to see...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Many many thanks for posting this! I too have been worried over the possibility of manditory swine flu jabs in schools.. i have a 7 year old little boy who will absolutely not be taking it! But i have been keeping an eye and ear on the situation in case it begins going school to school so i know when to keep him home.. it was a relief to read here that permission slips would be sent out beforehand.. i just worried due to the nature of the virus, its spread and the panick taking place that no notification would really be given..thanks again, this has helped calm me on the topic lol

new topics

top topics

join