It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Holiday In America Coming Soon !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Before anyone here considers flamming me for posting this, understand, I am just a messenger. DO NOT shoot the messenger for delivering the message.

It is clearly up to YOU as to whether or not you believe the information in this posting.
I would advise anyone who has sources in the banking industry to check this information out and report back on this thread what you find out. IF there is truth and validity to this, then folks need to be warned of it immediately.

August 11, 2009
By Stephen Qxxxxx

FYI, I had a conversation with my friend in international banking yesterday and tried to warn him about the impending bank holiday and currency exchange. He said that because he works with people at the top (Rothschilds and Rockefellers, etc) he would know if this were true. He did however confirm again that all central banks have been stocking up on the new Amero currency. I encouraged him to check out my info.

Well, I received this in an e-mail from him just a few hours after our phone conversation:
"As to your Bank Holiday information of this morning, the following is from a close CIA connection, the way it will come down is that starting 8/24, groups of banks will be closed in certain regions of the country for a week or so. They will open again, and then other groups of banks in different regions will be closed; and on and on it will go, until all the banks in the country have gone through that process.

The banks will be opened with a new global currency. Indeed the ratio will be
1 to 6, or 1 to12. Thus, if you had formerly $6M in the Bank, after a ratio of 1 to 6 with the new currency, you will get 1M value in the supposed new legal tender."

Time will tell, but this guy would not lightly say this, and he does have the CIA connections for that info.

My suggestion is that any of you who have much money in the bank might want to consider changing some of it to GOLD COINS, Swiss Francs or some other safer currency before the End of August.

[edit on 8/16/2009 by Evisscerator]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

I'll S&F this because it sounds like a true conspiracy, worthy of this site.

What other idicators could we search for that would "connect the dots" to this?

Is the "bread and circuses" the healthcare plan, cap and trade, other issues?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Where did this alleged information come from? Did you get it in an e-mail? Did you find it on a website?

Hard to verify the validity of such a claim when there's no additional information available.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I've seem n this before. Stephen Qxxxx = Steve Quayle. Unlikely @ the bank holiday. Shutting down the banks by regions will only give the other regions time to pull their money.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
hrmm, I'm not sure about the "Amero" currency. That would send people off in the streets rioting. A currency change has to be a planned thing and has to be accepted by the people.

You can't just go and force people to spend a currency that they don't want to spend, the move it self would risk the economy itself, also it takes a lot of capital to create a new currency and we would have to buy back the now worthless dollars from our creditors, which we would end up back in the same position that we are in now.

For example, look at the Euro, they started talking about it openly years before they actually did anything about it, and some countries still refuse to accept it. Switching the currency to the Amero is highly unlikely.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cnichols
Where did this alleged information come from? Did you get it in an e-mail? Did you find it on a website?

www.stevequayle.com...
silverbearcafe.com...

It would have been nice if the OP had posted his source.

Other than that, let's just say that SQ and ott hysterics are well acquainted.

[edit on 16 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Sorry to disappoint you. The so-called bank holiday won't be coming any soon.

United States has in fact adopted economic model used by Japan to escape recession. We look at Japan now. Though its economy looks OK, it's surviving on massive credit/debt since 1997.

I hate to say this but United States has cheated the world by over-printing trillions of dollars.
I know China plays a role too being the biggest creditor and holding largest US bonds. China doesn't want its investment to go up in dust.

They're all playing pretty good soap opera.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
ok I'll bite

So every piece of equipment out there that scans money for value (change machines, vending machines, counting machines, slot machines etc) will be given 1 week to be replaced to support this new money?

Riiiiggght

If something like this change were truly going to happen any time soon, I'm sure Las Vegas would be the first to know

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I expect a bank holiday, but doubt the new Amero would be introduced. It is the massive amount of bank failures that will trigger a holiday IMHO. There are going to be so many closings that the Fed will not ba able to handle the volume and will need to buy a little time; maybe a week.

Colonial BancGroup just failed and will pull $2.8 billion from the Deposit Insurance Fund. 71 failures already quietly passed this year. There will be hundreds more in the coming months.

Read this here.Bank watch list

The Turner Radio Network has obtained the stress test results. They are very bad. The most salient points from the stress tests appear below.

1) Of the top nineteen (19) banks in the nation, sixteen (16) are already technically insolvent.

2) Of the 16 banks that are already technically insolvent, not even one can withstand any disruption of cash flow at all or any further deterioration in non-paying loans.

3) If any two of the 16 insolvent banks go under, they will totally wipe out all remaining FDIC insurance funding.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I believe we may see a bank holiday, but I dont think they would roll out the Amero this soon. Look at Argentina, they will do it that way, bank holiday, only let you take out a small amount of money after that each week or month. In order for the Amero or any other alternative currency to be accepted would be a hyperinflation period.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
According to the CIA factbook the US stock of money is NA, (Non-Applicable) All other countries have a stock of money in the data base. So what does that mean?

www.cia.gov...

$NA 31 December 2008

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This type of bogus dribble needs to stop. Not only is it a figment of someone's imagination but could prompt people to do something detrimental. I forwarded a copy of this post to a friend who works for a US Senator on the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs...who promptly stated that this is utter nonsense and feels that such lies could be dangerous. I really hope this poster gets a 'visit'

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Medieval1028

Really so the fact that Ameros have been in production and have been minted is imaginary dribble?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Medieval1028

Chill out, there is a reason why this is called a conspiracy web site.
Under what grounds will he get a "vist"? And by whom?
This is still America, so his speech is still protected.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I don't get it - I put this on two days ago!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If this whole "North American Union" and "Economic Crisis" thing really is being controlled then isn't it possible that this bank holiday thing is neither true or false, but instead just some sort of stress test.

If you're controlling both sides of the game, which is understood to be the case by most of us, then it would seem to me that simply creating chaos within the banking system and within people's trust in that system would really be the end result you're trying to achieve. Since it would be Out of that Chaos that you would then create the New Order.

I imagine that there are actually many "Planned Events" all in action at the same time right this second but being played from different angles on purpose with the end result all being the same in the end and most importantly, that result being "by Design" from the start.

Isn't it possible that "they" have actually taken steps already which allow them to go either way depending upon how people react or don't react to these kinds of situations???

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yes, and just before the election last year on ATS, others suggested this same thing would happen and the election would be cancelled...bla...bla...bla. Why do people do this? Some people are in need of a lift in their otherwise boring existance and may resort to posting a fantasy, maybe. I don't know the OP's reason.

I could say, I myself have a friend who knows the wife of a family member who has a cousin that works for a guy who personally says he knows someone named Rockyfeller. So what!

Don't get me wrong, I would not be surprised to see additional troubling financial problems in the future. I would not discount a currency collapse or hyperinflation. But take all your money and buy gold? Look, you can't eat gold! If you think the worst, don't buy gold...buy long term freeze-dried food and stockpile other needed items. If the worst doesn't happen you still have the stuff and you can use it. If the worst does happen then you are set, at least for a while.

What do you do when you buy gold at $950.00 an ounce and six months hence it's back down to $450.00. Answer YOU take a big LOSS. Wise up...just common sense will tell you what to do.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
hrmm, I'm not sure about the "Amero" currency. That would send people off in the streets rioting. A currency change has to be a planned thing and has to be accepted by the people.

It feels like that's what they want us doing. A riot/ revolution would be a perfect reset for them.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I don't believe the Amero hype, but the bank holiday idea has actually been reported in the mainstream media via Marketwatch for example:

Marketwatch June Article: Latest Schultz Shock: a 'bank holiday'

In its current issue, HSL reports rumors that "Some U.S. embassies worldwide are being advised to purchase massive amounts of local currencies; enough to last them a year. Some embassies are being sent enormous amounts of U.S. cash to purchase currencies from those governments, quietly. But not pound sterling. Inside the State Dept., there is a sense of sadness and foreboding that 'something' is about to happen ... within 180 days, but could be 120-150 days."

Yes, yes, it's paranoid. But paranoids have enemies -- and the Crash of 2008 really did happen.

HSL's suspicion: "Another FDR-style 'bank holiday' of indefinite length, perhaps soon, to let the insiders sort out the bank mess, which (despite their rosy propaganda campaign) is getting more out of their control every day. Insiders want to impose new bank rules. Widespread nationalization could result, already underway. It could also lead to a formal U.S. dollar devaluation, as FDR did by revaluing gold (and then confiscating it)."

[edit on 16-8-2009 by idealord]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
A “Bank Holiday” is a constant and looming threat since it was first used as a ‘threat’ by the Federal Reserve and key members of Congress last October to spur the Emergency Passage of the first “Bailout”.

There had been an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) on the banks here in the U.S. by foreign investors in unprecedented amounts and frequency in the preceding days that led up to the Federal Reserve doubling the amount of FDIC Insurance from 100k to 200k and the announcement of 750 Billion in additional currency through the Bailout to curtail and dissuade big foreign based depositors from pulling their money from U.S. Banks.

In many ways because there was little mention of these EFT runs prior to the contentious partisan debate that surrounded the first Bailout there is a good chance that the foreign runs on the bank and flight of foreign capital in them that caused them to begin to teeter was an orchestrated effort on someone’s, some group’s, or some nation’s behalf.

Had the first Bailout not passed Congress there is a good chance there would have been a Bank Holiday replete with Martial Law.

As long ad the Congress submits to Federal Reserve direction and edict there is likely little chance a Bank Holiday would occur. Congress challenging the Federal Reserve could though lead to a Bank Holiday.

A Bank Holiday used as a means to impose Martial Law primarily remains possible because it becomes the most palatable way for mainstream citizens to accept the imposition of Martial Law.

In other words if there are too many Tea Parties, and too many Health Care Demonstrations and a real grassroots campaign to return representative democracy to the country becomes too disruptive or too serious of a threat to the Government, then the Bank Holiday excuse is the easiest way to sell Martial Law to those middle of the fence citizens who would then see it as a protection measure to ensure calm and security.

Should they declare a Bank Holiday and Martial Law it is highly doubtful that the Banks will simply open with a new currency or system. It is highly likely that a new system of everything would then be imposed when Martial Law was lifted. Most people after a two week period would have no food, some of them in need of critical medicines, and some of them with no money to begin with in the bank or in their pocket before they lost two weeks wages.

This would be the likely strategy used to employ and introduce “Freedom Camps”, “Reeducation Camps” aka FEMA Camps for people who have no money, no food, no medicines and to intern them while the entire system was being restructured including eventually the introduction of a new currency, new laws, a new constitution, possibly new borders, a new name for the country/corporation etc., etc.
It basically boils down to this people. The powers that be own and control the infrastructure which includes the banks, the communications networks, the food distribution networks and transportation networks. If they see that they are in imminent danger of loosing power or having the country disintegrate into chaos on them, they will shut down these mechanisms that are vital for most people’s day to day life to starve and force people into compliance.

The threat of a Bank Holiday remains real but those are the things that would trigger it, challenging the Fed, or disrupting the infrastructure through protest or revolt, or threatening the very existence of the government or the corporate powers that be through protest or revolt.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join