It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO believers to hold pilgrimage to 'holy' Lake District fell top

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
www.newsandstar.co.uk...

A group of UFO believers from across the world will embark on a pilgrimage to the top of a Lake District fell next weekend to spread a message of peace. ET photo ET The Aetherius Society believes that there are 19 mountains across the world which have been charged with spiritual energy by extra-terrestrials from Venus and Mars – and one of those is the Old Man of Coniston, one of the southern Lake District fells.

Not looking for a discussion as such I just thought some of you might find this piece of local news interesting.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Bit odd considering they have the Castlerigg stone Circle to do this at, it would save hours scrambling up needlessly up some mountain that has no reference in the world of UFOlogy simply to make 5 minutes on the news (if that) and I doubt our "visitors" are from Venus or Mars.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I've been all over the Lakes, climbed the Crinkle Crags, Great Knott, Bow Fell etc. Tremendous views from those peaks. Anyway, I'm surprised to read that Conniston is somehow a site of special interest for our Martian and Venusian hippy brothers. Karmic Yoga and space brothers...cool. Apparently, they're big in Barnsely too. Hardly the most cosmopolitan place in the world

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Lmao, Venusian Hippies, we'd best call Eric Cartman before them there Venusian drum circles start.

One of the benefits I have with living just 8 miles from the nearest lake though is getting out there a lot up the fells, its good with the telescope, better than in town with all its new fangled modern street lights.

I have to admit, whilst I don't go for what these guys are into, one of the thoughts I have is that life may have originated on Mars or Venus, most likely Mars, and due to global disaster, came here wiped out all the big green lizards and started religeon to try and stop it happening again. [insert joke religeon here] for example are really just the product of an alien stag party gone wrong.

EDIT: i had put a religeon in there, but i thought it may have been frowned upon.

[edit on 16/8/09 by woogleuk]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I was under the bonnet of my car the other day and got approached by a couple of mormons. They must have thought they had a guy weak in his moment of need! I was just topping up the coolant. They'd do a damn sight better if they didn't ask people to join the 'family.' Creepy ass stuff. Which family? Mansons?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I've been all over the Lakes, climbed the Crinkle Crags, Great Knott, Bow Fell etc. Tremendous views from those peaks. Anyway, I'm surprised to read that Conniston is somehow a site of special interest for our Martian and Venusian hippy brothers. Karmic Yoga and space brothers...cool. Apparently, they're big in Barnsely too. Hardly the most cosmopolitan place in the world

ROFLMFAO!!!!! HA! THAT was FUC**NG HILARIOUS!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I hope you expect to see a tonne of those standing in meditaton wankers going on about unity and peace and all that bullocks with their crystals and patchouli!!! well thats probably as close to alien life as we will get to see without all the math involved

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
[edit on 16-8-2009 by stanlee]

new topics

top topics

join