It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's president says 3 women to join Cabinet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Iran's president says 3 women to join Cabinet

www.al.com

(AP) — TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's president said Sunday that he will nominate three women to join his new Cabinet, a move that could produce the first female ministers in the country in over 30 years.

The announcement appears to be an attempt by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to enlist the support of Iranian women as he fends off criticism from the opposition that his June re-election was fraudulent. The appointments seem unlikely to appease reformists since both women he named Sunday are fellow hard-liners.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
news.aol.com
www.google.com

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Apparently old Ahmadinejad is trying to make nice with the women in his country, after "stealing" the election. Unfortunately for the citizens of Iran, two of the women he picked are described as "Hard Liners" like himself. I wonder if they share his opinion that "Israel should be wiped off the map." I hope they don't wear heavy make up or wear tight clothes. I wish them luck as the last woman appointed as a minister in Iran was executed for corruption after the 1979 revolution.

www.al.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
He may be choosing them, however..................

It is the ruling mullahs that have the real power.

I would be shocked completely if they approved this or frankly if they even ignored it.

If they do get appointed, will they be required to wear a burkah(sp) from head to toe???

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I'm pretty sure that they have one "Supreme Mullah", Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is the guy who calls the shots. He tells Ahmadinejad what to do and what to say. Ahmadinejad is just a puppet.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

Where as there is a ruling mullah, there is a ruling mulla council also.

He is a dictator with the council as advisors.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't care what anyone says about him. i like Ahma.

I think he is MISUNDERSTOOD and terribly DEMONIZED by the U.S. media. watch his 2008 interview with Larry king. I think his words will change you opinions. they certainly changed mine.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolution2012

You are free to like or dislike him.

However..................

If you want anyone else to possible feel so, you need links and quotes as to why he is a good dictator for life and what good things he has done.

That said, the closest thing to "THIS" post would be his reaction to the women, I.E. accepting them/rejecting them or something in between.

If you have any words from "him" on this topic, please post them and the link.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

If you have any words from "him" on this topic, please post them and the link.

These are the only actual words coming from him that I could find:

Mr Ahmadinejad has made some small-scale concessions to moderates since 2005. He often speaks of women as being at the heart of Iranian society. He talks of empowering them and makes much of his plan to provide insurance for housewives and share Iran's oil wealth with poorer families. He said he would not be confrontational in enforcing a campaign in Tehran to insist women obeyed Iran's strict Islamic dress codes and has also allowed women into major sporting events for the first time since 1979.

Source

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

Well, for a religious leader, that is very open minded-as a relative point.

But - imo - to be a good leader requires much more.

What else do you have?

Specifically, what else do you have on his thoughts of Iranian women in government?

Will he allow it?
Does he support it, allowing it or not?
What else makes him so good?

Also, your link has his comments on what the Iranian president said/does.
How about what the religious leader says /thinks on these topics.....seriously

[edit on 8/17/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
As these women will be required to associate with men other than their husbands or immediate male family members, doesn't this mean they will all have to be executed after their first day at "work".

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

You make an excellent point.

I wonder how this would be gotten around?
Perhaps a religious person can be their "male relative" at work?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I believe they'll find a way to keep them apart and most likely quiet as well. It is interesting that they're playing politics so openly though. Baby steps?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Also, your link has his comments on what the Iranian president said/does. How about what the religious leader says /thinks on these topics.....seriously

I'm not the one who posted that I liked him. I can't stand the SOB. I was just trying to find something that he actually said.

I was the original OP. see above post:

Iran's president says 3 women to join Cabinet Apparently old Ahmadinejad is trying to make nice with the women in his country, after "stealing" the election. Unfortunately for the citizens of Iran, two of the women he picked are described as "Hard Liners" like himself. I wonder if they share his opinion that "Israel should be wiped off the map." I hope they don't wear heavy make up or wear tight clothes. I wish them luck as the last woman appointed as a minister in Iran was executed for corruption after the 1979 revolution.

Sorry, Original source shifting, try here:

Source

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Oatmeal]

top topics

join