It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcohol + Forgetting things because of it...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Let me first say that I have Supra Ventricular Tachychardia and am takin beta blockers to control it. Now these specifically warn you not to 'drink'.

I'd also never been properlly durnk before so had no idea on my limit.

So anyway, on Friday my friend invited me and a bunch of friends round to his house to drink and have a laugh. I went knowing I could take three cans of beer before it had a huge effect on myself, or the medication. Only thing is I arrived early.

In the door and given can number one, as soon as thats finished I'm given some punch, which is a bunch of fruit zuice in a fair sized bowl, with half a litre of vodka in it, then straight after that I'm given a shot of vodka. Then my second can of beer.

Then the other people arrive. So about 10 minutes after having my second can I get a third and drink that. (Y'see by this point I've forgotten my medication.)

By this point the punch has rather gone so the friend puts a bit more juice in it, then the other half litre of vodka. Of course I didn't realise that when I had another two glasses. He then handed me a fourth can of beer.

Maybe half an hour later people went outside into his back garden, and I was handed (by someone else) a glass of whiskey (40%) and something else in it, and straight after that a glass with just whiskey in it. Now I started to feel ill so I sat down and had some water.

(THEN I BLANK OUT FOR A COUPLE OF MINUTES)

Next thing I remember is being sick into his outside loo, and rather all over myself too, and shaking terribly.

(THEN I BLANK OUT AGAIN)

Apparently my friends tried to take me home but I passed out in the driveway, and to try and get me up they threw a bucket of water on me, which didn't work. So my parents were called and I was taken home where I continued to be sick until a first responder arrived....

my heart rate had dropped to 40bpm and she decided to call an ambulance.

When I got to hospital I was told I had alcohol poisoning and hypothermia...and my heart rate was still very low.

(I REMEMBER FROM NOW)

So I must've fallen asleep becase the next thing I remember from being at my friends house is waking up in a hospital bed just before they sent me home.

Now I'm sure we can all agree I missed on hell of an adventure haha My entire rant is that too much alcohol makes you forget...wheres my life learnt message not to do it again when I don't remember the worst of it...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I must admit, I have done this.... One to many times.... It is bad when you think about it, I dont know my level. The problem I have is I can drink fourteen beers and be fine as long as I have a meal before hand and my mood is calm. If I am angry before I drink, and I drink the same amount I could become violent, and if I am sad or upset then I could become an emotional mess. And what I find about myself, is that I can drink a lot and not feel drunk, but people say they feel something in themselves making them know they have had enough.... I don't have this.... I keep drinking because I don't get this feeling.... which ends up where I am passed out, completely ballsed....

But, going back to you, I hope you are better now and well rested! I am not going to preach because I am no better, but try and stop before it gets to a point were you can't remember anything the next day...

Well from sunny old England, I am raising my beer you... lol

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by StevenDye
...wheres my life learnt message not to do it again when I don't remember the worst of it...

Blackouts are the universe's way of keeping you from dying of embarrassment. Ask your friends to tell you exactly what you did all night and believe me, you'll be glad you don't remember it.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by StevenDye
Now I'm sure we can all agree I missed on hell of an adventure haha My entire rant is that too much alcohol makes you forget...wheres my life learnt message not to do it again when I don't remember the worst of it...

It's really an individual thing... Not all people forget, go crazy or pass out even how much alcohol they take... Like me!

But surprisingly, I hate the 'effects' of alcohol and I only did it once, never got drunk again!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Yeah, I got filled in on my blank spots.... not my proudest moments I will admit.

The problem I now face... did I just hit a limit, was it just the mixing of alcohols or was it simply the medication I'm on. I guess theres only one way to find out eh?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
My guess would be the meds. When the bottle says 'no alcohol' it's usually for a reason. Even if you haven't taken your pills for that day, there's still a residual amount left in your system.

The only time I lost almost an entire evening, I was on meds and shouldn't have been drinking - I blacked out after 3 beer. I'm a bit of a lightweight when it comes to drinking, but that's a little ridiculous.

The stories I've heard were horrible and the last thing I remember about the evening is getting lost in my driveway when my friends dropped me off so my mother could see if I required medical attention.

Ahhh, to be young again.

top topics

join