It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fishy Circumstances and Flawed Timelines Surround American's Beheading

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
infowars.com...

suspisions of the exictuton's authenticy...

1) extremely convenient "wag the dog" timing at the height of furor
regarding U.S. torture of Iraqis

2) CNN poll question: "Is the Berg killing a reason for withholding any
remaining Iraq prisoner abuse pictures?" Bush has been reported to be
struggling with question of whether Pentagon should release additional
torture photos. Given that the alleged decapitation of Berg was allegedly
prompted by the first wave of torture photos, Bush could now cite "national
security" issues for witholding additional materials.

3) Berg's last known whereabouts was in U.S. custody.

4) Berg shown in video wearing orange jumpsuit known to be of U.S. issue
(compare with pictures at Guantanamo).

5) Berg mysteriously captured by Al-Quaeda (still wearing jumpsuit). Either
he escaped from U.S. captors or U.S. let him out -- with orange suit and
all -- to be immediately apprehended by Al-Quaeda (before he had a chance to
change).

6) Tape obviously spliced together and heavily edited. Goes from a) Berg
sitting in chair talking about family, to b) Berg sitting on floor with
hooded "militants" behind, to c) blurry camera movement, to d) almost
motionless Berg on floor as head cut off.

7) Audio clearly dubbed in.

8) "Arab" reader flips through pages of "statement" and keeps ending up on
the same page. Perhaps doesn't even known enough Arabic to recognize what
page he's on?

9) "Arabs" have lily-white hands and (other exposed) skin.

10) "Arabs" have Western-style body posture and mannerisms.

11) When Berg decapitated, there was almost no blood. If Berg were still
alive at this point, with the cut starting at front of throat, blood would
have been spraying everywhere. Berg's severed head, the floor, Berg's
clothes, and even the hand of the "Arab" who decapitated Berg had no visible
blood on it.

12) Berg's body didn't move while on the ground. Although held down, Berg
would have tried to instinctively wiggle and writhe away from captor's grip.

13) Camera angle made it impossible to see if Berg's eyes were even open.

14) Alleged "scream" from Berg sounded to be that of a woman and was clearly
dubbed in.

15) Berg goes to great trouble to identify himself, providing information
about his family. Why? To elicit greater sympathy? Or to provide a positive ID. FBI visited Berg family in an attempt to "verify his
identity". Guy in video looks very little like Berg photos provided by family.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hadn't seen this article. But just finished looking over the video and talking with someone about this. The lack of blood caught my eye, and as much as I didn't want to go back and look at the video again, I did.

It is edited, and a lot of it doesn't make sense. There are pieces missing up to 1 minute long in a few spots, after the man finishes speaking; starting from when Berg is pushed to the floor to where the cutting begins. And another time after that.

Why the need for editing? If they were going for impact of the video, wouldn't all of it be included to cause as much anger as possible? This was supposed to be about revenge, wasn't it? What was removed?

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by parrhesia]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I noticed the same lack of blood. In fact, at one point I even wondered if it was a special effect prop.
Could he have been replaced during the 'missing time' with a dummy ?

Probably not, but we need to look at all the angles.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

as quoted by they see ALL
3) Berg's last known whereabouts was in U.S. custody.
4) Berg shown in video wearing orange jumpsuit known to be of U.S. issue
(compare with pictures at Guantanamo).

This thread may be of interest to you and what was said or mentioned on that orange "jumpsuit": Post Number: 525148 (post id: 545842) and Post Number: 525152 (post id: 545846)....:
U.S. Denies Holding Beheading Victim Nicholas Berg

I do not think that Berg was in a US/Coalition/Iraqi prison style "jumpsuit".

seekerof

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I don't know Pisky, but it makes you wonder what happened during the missing time.

Another strange thing, the time when the man finished speaking and pushed him to the floor was 2:44:12 (I think, it's fuzzy, not sure about the 12), then it's edited, and switches to 13:45:48.

Two cameras?

There's a need for editing there, I guess, for a different view, but that doesn't explain editing later on. What's missing?

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by parrhesia]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
since everyone is looking at this video carefully, I ask you to look hard at the first guy from the left, I tend to think that he could be Al-Zawqiri. Tell me if you think he has a prostetic leg? To me, the first guy from the left, had a stiff standing position, especially when he shifted his weight from leg to another and one leg looks skinnier than the other.

I am not fully discounting this theory of pysops but I personally believe the video is real and the only US involvement is the denial of holding the guy in Iraq before he was unfortunately kidnapped.

However if it is proven staged, then just what are the ramifications of this, the people to air the video first were Islamic jihadists loyal to Al-Qaeda and Al-Zawqiri is the person taking credit for the beheading. If this is staged by the US, what would all of this really mean?

and I agree with Seekerof, the style of the jumpsuit doesn't quite fit with the US issued one piece jumpsuits. It definitely looks to be two piece silky type kurta, traditional arabic wear.

Perhaps the color orange was chosen purposedly because we use the orange color suits on our prisoners???

[Edited on 5-12-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Do you know what kind of prosthetic it is, WW? I know it's probably a question you can't answer. But I'm wondering if it's a 'full' prosthetic.. if you know what I mean? Rather than just a bare minimum one, without the flesh colored part, etc. ?

From what I saw looking at him specifically, it looks like a normal leg, the ankles seem to be both of a normal size, hence my asking what kind of prosthetic...

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
not sure parrhesia, he supposedly lost his leg in Afghanistan but I am not sure if it was from the knee down or the whole leg, but to me, in the video when the guy shifted his weight his leg looked very stiff under the garments.

I really don't know which leg was supposedly lost either, but I am just trying to find out if and which of the men were Al-Zaqwiri since video is titled Sheik Zaqwiri beheads American....I am pretty sure the guy in the middle who actually does the slicing isn't Zaqwiri, he seemed too short in my eyes to be him.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Could any one provide a link to this video? I would like to analyze it for myself.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I see what you mean about appearing stiff under the garments. I'll have a look again later when I get home, and see if I can find any info on him, too.

The link is already availible in a few threads, spng, but here it is again:

GRAPHIC

hennessyentertainment.com...

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Alex Jones is right about the following:
from infowars.com...

blood on it.

Of course if you have ever had to put a chicken to the axe to make dinner, you would know the body of the chicken jumps all over the place and bleeds.

Obviously the propaganda psyops boys haven't got a clue to farm living at all, nor do they even bother to lie convincingly anymore.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It's all part of the grand deception. The war on terror cannot stop until "they" meet their objectives.imo

Just about every single time Bush has bad press something happens to counter it. I'm aware are you?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I didn't have a chance to watch the whole video...yesterday it stopped streaming during the reading. I wasn't being a keen observer but something didn't sit right with me. Now I know what seemed odd based on what some of you all have pointed out:

1) the reader of the statement definitely looked lost in the pages
2) I completely got the sense that the body stance of the guys was very WEstern. Body language of shifting side to side, legs spread, checking their weapons.

I'm gonna watch again to see what else I see.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
okay i watched this damn video 5 times in a row to try to draw a conclusion different from my original view which was one of disgust and I cannot see all the claims that are being made.

1. the white hands??? no I didn't see any caucasian white skin, I saw light skin arab complexion on the hands visible.

2. orange jumpsuit... looks even more like a traditional arab kurta....however the orange color is unusual, perhaps intentionally chosen.

3. the blood!! what exactly was everyone expecting? I think you guys have seen too many gory movies. The body was on the floor, floor looked dark in the video, You couldn't really tell if there was or wasn't blood on the floor.

as for some of the other claims, it is really hard to say or form a conclusive opinion.

The shotty video taping could be questioned, but you also have to consider it being an amateur videographer

The switching of pages and coming back to the same page does seem strange....however if it was written in a collaborative manner with several scribblings here and there, that could be an explanation for the wavering...or the guy in the middle reading was reciting something from memory or just creating it and using the papers for reference?

the woman scream....i am sure there was a woman in the room too, I don't think the woman's scream is meant to be that of Berg.

I am still open to this theory but I don't believe I have enough proof to say I definitely believe this pysops angle.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I also agree that the audio is obviously overdubbed, and that the man supposedly reading the statement looks like he is just flipping the pages randomly. At about 2:40 where the reader flips the pages about 4 times while continuing to reading without any pauses throughout.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
3. the blood!! what exactly was everyone expecting? I think you guys have seen too many gory movies. The body was on the floor, floor looked dark in the video, You couldn't really tell if there was or wasn't blood on the floor.

Yes, I'd like to know how any of the people screaming "it's fake, there's no blood!!!!!!" could see the video any better than the rest of us.
It's a digitized (and somewhat pixelated) video on the internet with poor lighting.
Just what sort of superhuman vision do you have to be able to conclusively tell there is no blood?

-B.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I just saw the video again and I have to agree with these points:

blood on it.

13) Camera angle made it impossible to see if Berg's eyes were even open.

14) Alleged "scream" from Berg sounded to be that of a woman and was clearly
dubbed in.

15) Berg goes to great trouble to identify himself, providing information
about his family. Why? To elicit greater sympathy? Or to provide a positive ID. FBI visited Berg family in an attempt to "verify his
identity". Guy in video looks very little like Berg photos provided by family.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
While I've only seen portions of the video and stills, I do believe that the man is Nick Berg. I also have no doubts that he is actually being murdered.

My concerns are solely based on his family's contention that the US had him and interrogated him for two weeks. Why would they just let him go without helping him get out of the country? Why is the US claiming they never had him? With all of the questions remaining I have gone from rage against al queda to actually having suspicions of possible govt. involvement.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by Bleys]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
this whole blood thing is getting to me. I watched the video again.

there is no way any conclusion can be formed as to the amount of blood. You cannot tell either way if there was or wasn't a large amount of blood. It wasn't videotaped in a manner to show the blood and as Banshee pointed out the video is of such poor quality that you cannot make out anything except that the floor was dark.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What I would like to know is why he did identify himself. I'm presuming that these Arab people know a few English words?--Maybe they said to him, "identify yourself" in English? But, I think they would want him to identify himself anyway so that the "message" could hit home.

In my opinion, this video depicting a decapitation is genuine, even though it may have some editing descrepancies. Also, I think that these guys had help from people
Like an arm of the CIA in the middle east.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join