VERY Accurate Bible Prediction. Must Read.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Science has made much more fascinating discoveries than any beyond the wildest dreams of religious leaders of past days. The Hubble deep-field images show the universe to contain billions of galaxies beyond our own. The possibilites of life beyond Earth is enormous, much more than the comprehension of anyone. To assume we "humans" are so special that we needed a god to create us is astounding arrogance that only highlights further how tiny and insignificant we all are.

The whole universe/multiverse/megaverse and whatever else exists is not defined by what some humans may perceive as absolutely necessary to exist because their limited perceptions say it has to.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Science has made much more fascinating discoveries than any beyond the wildest dreams of religious leaders of past days. The Hubble deep-field images show the universe to contain billions of galaxies beyond our own. The possibilites of life beyond Earth is enormous, much more than the comprehension of anyone. To assume we "humans" are so special that we needed a god to create us is astounding arrogance that only highlights further how tiny and insignificant we all are.

The whole universe/multiverse/megaverse and whatever else exists is not defined by what some humans may perceive as absolutely necessary to exist because their limited perceptions say it has to.

What an unscientific incoherent statement.

Humans are special since so far we're the only thing like ourselves in that vast space you refer to.

If one were using the scientific method then one would be hesitant to state what you do with such finality.

Why is it that so many of you immature knee-jerk scientismists argue things in such antiscientific ways?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Oh yeah - we only respond to threads we agree with - another brilliant post on this thread - why don't YOU buy some ear muffs and blinkers so you don't have to hear or listen to anything which challenges your fantasy world....

Really?

I saw not one challenge to what I believe. All I saw was a smarmy remark . . .

So once again . . . why bother wasting your time and our time posting that crap?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Let's please keep it on topic, folks. Any posts after this mod note that do not contribute towards the discussion or are directed at another member personally will be removed as off topic.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974

What an unscientific incoherent statement.

Humans are special since so far we're the only thing like ourselves in that vast space you refer to.

If one were using the scientific method then one would be hesitant to state what you do with such finality.

Why is it that so many of you immature knee-jerk scientismists argue things in such antiscientific ways?

Hmm yes the earth and humanity is very important to us and extremely special, but don't forget we base that on our limited human perceptions of existence and not knowing who or what is exactly out there. Yet in comparison to our universe, if we were to suddenly get wiped out would the universe collapse into nothingness because of our sudden demise? I highly doubt it!

Humans are perceived as special if you think you are the centre of the universe. It's illogical to assume that we are the only sentient lifeforms in the universe. If you want to argue that no other sentient lifeforms look like us and so we are unique, then that's a shallow argument to assume we are so special. It's no different than arguing that every blade of grass is so special because it has a slightly different tinge of green.

Therefore the earth is an insignificant pale blue dot, no more significant than any other dim lights that you can see in the night sky. From this realistic perspective it is comforting to know that we are not everything that may be, and you don't need to believe in a creator to have that feeling, and at least there is no doubt about it.

I'm not saying anything with finality, but it's better to start at what we do know, and work our way up the ladder of knowledge, and not pretend we have to have been created by a god.

You're just highlighting my points about narcissism being one of humanity's overpowering and often illogical emotional responses, and self-righteous religious attitudes are just another component of that - with the desire to be the most important part of the universe.

If you knew anything about science you wouldn't be using phrases such as antiscientific & scientismists *ahem*
towards a general scientific statement.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Hmm yes the earth and humanity is very important to us and extremely special, but don't forget we base that on our limited human perceptions of existence. Yet in comparison to our universe, if we were to suddenly get wiped out would the universe collapse into nothingness because of our sudden demise? I highly doubt it.

The act of observation is what determines the state of a quantum (or whatever).

If the universe had no observers it could very well collapse.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Hmm yes the earth and humanity is very important to us and extremely special, but don't forget we base that on our limited human perceptions of existence. Yet in comparison to our universe, if we were to suddenly get wiped out would the universe collapse into nothingness because of our sudden demise? I highly doubt it.

You're clutching at straws!

Your use of terminology shows a lack of understanding and ignorance being your excuse.

Your use of pseudoscience to fit your own limited realm is based on fallacious assumptions.

There is no physical requirement for an observer for the Maths to still be true.

When an observer dies the Maths doesn't change, and the universe still carries on. People have died before and shown this to be the case.

It's just wild speculation to state that death has that affect at all to the rest of the universe, whether that death is on a small or large scale.

Grasping at thin air you are indeed!

Are you having trouble accepting your own insignificance? Religious group narcissism taking its toll when faced with reality.

How will religions cope with the lack of attention when humans discover the majority of space-faring extraterrestrials are so far advanced beyond us that they don't look twice at us.....

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
One thing I want to do before I die is read the bible, I can imagine its nuts....

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

The fact that your "correction" of me lacks any understanding of what I was even talking about is enough to just ignore you and your little tantrum.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eddiemaiden_80

I wouldn't just pick up a Bible and expect to understand it.

I know I tried and I didn't get it. I needed a good pastor to teach me, chapter by chapter and verse by verse, before I got it.

I doubt you will bother, but just in case you get curious...

biblestudysite.com...

www.shepherdschapel.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I think it's the Jews trying to fulfill the "prophecy."

www.jewfaq.org...

Also, don't go "I spent all night" doing this or that, just use the sources:

www.100prophecies.org...

www.bibleworldhistory.com...

[edit on 8/17/2009 by die_another_day]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

The fact that your "correction" of me lacks any understanding of what I was even talking about is enough to just ignore you and your little tantrum.

You said:

Seems like you refuse to explain this in any detail and expect to be taken seriously.

Why would I need to explain a basic physics concept? I assume you're familiar with the principle. but that's my fault, assuming you have any idea what you're talking about. Mock away fool... mock away.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
I think it's the Jews trying to fulfill the "prophecy."

www.jewfaq.org...

Thanks for that calender link.. very useful information that i'm always looking for.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Gave a star, nice find, I do know that that exact prophecy was fulfilled in 1948, it's basically common knowledge to all who study the bible, but I wasn't aware of the math, and I don't claim to even get the math, I hate math, but it looks like you've done a good job pin pointing it, I bet there are jews that are aware of this being fulfilled as well but I don't know what parts of the old testament are even in the jewish torah, and considering the fact that there are few jews on the planet I bet a good number of them are not religious and have no idea about the prophecy, there are a number of prophecies that have yet to happen, the very end of Ezekiel for example, read the last few chapters of that book and think about it, it describes what will happen to Israel, the dead sea will become living again, has yet to happen, this dead sea is a salt sea and has been dead for thousands of years, fish will swim and it will become fresh water once more, this may not seem like a major miracle from outsiders but locals will know it is amazing, I don't want to mention every one check out the book.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

You said:

Seems like you refuse to explain this in any detail and expect to be taken seriously.

Why would I need to explain a basic physics concept? I assume you're familiar with the principle. but that's my fault, assuming you have any idea what you're talking about. Mock away fool... mock away.

Hmmm you made the claim that contradicted what I said. Therefore the onus is on you to provide the explanation, rather than hide behind your pseudoscience.

Yes a quantum state can change due to an observer's effect, but you claimed that the universe could collapse without any observer's. Big difference there!!!

You have misunderstood the uncertainty principle or you have learnt a bull# modified pseudo-scientific version from your pseudo-physics peers.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Since I´m nordic and have done studies on the norse poetic work the Edda I have to agree with you on that. but I also agree on the fact that scholars say that one "day" is equal with one year and based on this, the theory made up by the egypthologist John Anthony West´s theory about the age of the sphinx concludes it!

J A West claims that the sphinx is approximately 10,500 yeras old due to geological changes caused by rain which should add up with the biblical story about Noah where it rained for 40 days and forthy nights, a story which is directly copied from the sumeria stone tablets...several thousands of years older!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Just to add this into the mixer.

I have heard that we are in the last generation and that means from child to grandparent generation of lets say a 70 year lifespan or more. So lets say Restablish of Israel rounded off from
1948 + 70 years a generation = the year roughly is 2018 for the end times.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

The trouble with most pastors is they have been taught by men, which makes their teaching flawed. To practice what you preach is a lost art.

I have read the book, asking for God to help me understand things that confused me. I just kept on reading the verse in context, over and over, asking for enlightenment and guess what .... it was given.

Then I studied with pastors from several popular religions. They did not like some of the questions I asked. I even tried the Saturday worship groups. Some were close to what should be, but the human traits of people always got in the way.

I guess I am still on my own path and not with a group.

Good on you 420 .... is that beer in the tube? Try eating a vegetarian lifestyle. Meat dulls your ability to listen. That is the key..... learn to listen and you will hear.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

You have misunderstood the uncertainty principle or you have learnt a bull# modified pseudo-scientific version from your pseudo-physics peers.

I said it could, I didn't say it would. There's no way to prove or disprove it. Your quick defensive impulse to start heaping out the insults is exactly that of someone who wants to convince himself of something.

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join