It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VERY Accurate Bible Prediction. Must Read.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by doodiepants
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Yet, Israel was attacked on Yom Kippur, 1973. In the
Bible, each time ancient Israel was attacked on a feast
day, it was proof that Israel had broken the covenant.
Don K. Preston of Preterist Research Institute in Israel
1948, Countdown to Nowhere, argues that Josephus
(first century Jewish Historian and other Jewish sources)
cite that Nebuchadnezzar destroyed Jerusalem during the
feast of Pentecost in 586 BC., (p. 26)

Not to bust your bubble but you must educate yourself on the true calander of God "Yom Kippur" in todays calander is not the same as in God's set calander that man has perverted. Some of what you say is true. But until you understand the original calander it is difficult to understand prophecy at all. And FYI Isreal became a nation in 1947 but went into effect in 1948 further confusing prophecy and throwing many people off making them think that Biblical prophecy is not acurate.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
hahaha... this is why you guys have around 30,000 different denominations. you can't ever agree on what the bible actually means, right after you say it proves itself to be true and accurate.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I first read about this fulfillment of prophecy in a book written by Grant Jeffrey, Armageddon: Appointment With Destiny(first printed in 1988). All the scriptures used to get the dates can be confirmed by anyone.

I was thinking about this prophecy earlier this year, while responding to the anti-bible zealots on other threads.

This should make a few people think!

[edit on 16/8/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Sorry to bust anybodies calculations and ruin their point but....

607 & 537 BCE ARE THE CORRECT DATES

Here is the proof, and yes I spent A lot of time studying this too.

607 BCE – the only date that works

Here is the result when we accept the Bible's mathematics — that 70 years is 70 years long:

Jerusalem uninhabited and in ruins for 70 years.

If 607 BCE is correct, then the desolation ends right on time in 537 BCE when the Jews are back in their cities.

70 years of the nations servitude to Nebuchadnezzar

If 70 years begin in 607 BCE, servitude lasts the full 70 years. Nebuchadnezzar is King at start as prophecies stated

Tyre forgotten for 70 years.

Period begins after the destruction of Jerusalem (Ezekiel 26:1), which is 607 BCE. Period ends precisely 70 years later when Tyre's profit becomes holy to God(Isaiah 23:14), in 537 BCE (Ezra 3:1) when Tyre provides materials for the new temple.

Egypt devastated for 40 years.

Ezekiel gave prophecy in 590 BCE (Ezekiel 29:17) and devastation begins in 588 BCE, ends exactly 40 years later in 548 BCE. A year later secular chronology records Egypt's King holding a foreign alliance.

Confused? Here are the charts that make it easier.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2217d1dffd07.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d13c0dec541.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8314e93bc5ed.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dbb5dac80661.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1865f5b9ee8.jpg[/atsimg]

So 607 BCE minus 70 years is 537 BCE, sorry if that disrupts your findings.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Excellent work!!! S for you bluejay33! I love your graphs. Thank you I hope your post will help some people understand all of this better.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

Ok.. the author of this post wrote this... "Now.. Both biblical and secular history show Babylon captured Israel in the spring of 606 bc and the capitivy ended exactly 70 years later in the spring of 536bc"

I'm confused....I've tried doing the math and it still didn't come out right... author says.. Babylon captured Israel in spring of 606bc and the captivity ended 70yrs later in the spring of 536bc...even if the 5 was a typo and it should have been a 6...it still doesn't come close to what the real # should have been which is 676bc... right? 606 + 70 = 676

I don't know why this caught my attention...and then proceeded to bother me... lol but it did... I'm just curious as to what I've done wrong.. thanx

Your problem with the math is because you are dealing with dates "Before the Common(or Christian) Era" (BCE) or if you prefer the old terminology "Before Christ" (BC). These numbers count down to 1 BCE then start counting up (this is the "Common (or Christian) Era" (CE) or "Anno Domini" (AD) year numbers).

So 606 BCE to 536 BCE is 70 years. (606 minus 536).

However, the authors main problem is that the captivity is not 606 BCE to 536 BCE.

First of all, the captivity is actually recorded in Babylon as beginning either in 597 BCE when the first deportations from the country side began or in 586 BCE when the Kingdom of Judah fell. Most secular scholars would pick the 586 BCE date.

Since neither of those dates match the 70 year statement in the Bible, Biblical numerologists, reading that Daniel claims to have been taken POW before the fall of Judah, chose to calculate 536 BCE - 70 = 606 BCE as the date of Danial's capture and date their calculations for the capture of the entire populace from that supposed date. This, of course, ignores that he could have been one of the deported captives in 597.

Also, Babylon fell to the Persians in 538 BCE, not 536 BCE. So depending on which date you pick for the start of the captivity, it lasted either 68 years, 59 years, or 48 years.

So even if you want to use the 606 BCE date you have to assume that Cyrus didn't free the Jews for 2 years, or that they waited 2 years before leaving.

And all that is before you try to navigate what calendar is in use and where.

There's just too many inaccurate assertions and too much guessing and assumptions to clam "VERY Accurate Bible Prediction" and try to project it forward to today and the current middle east situation.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Sorry to bust anybodies calculations and ruin their point but....

It's ok....you didn't.

607 & 537 BCE ARE THE CORRECT DATES

Your numbers are meaningless. The data you base them on is fictitious.

Present them again along with the original source materials and you might have something worth calling the truth.

"Original source materials" = verifiable, both in traditional archeological methods of dating and more modern methods of dating, documents of the correct age, ie 2,800 - 2,900 years old approx. Old enough that the data they contain could be a considered a "prediction" of events to come.

Seems about the right amount of time, don't you think?

So 607 BCE minus 70 years is 537 BCE, sorry if that disrupts your findings.

No worries, it doesn't. But let's see those original source materials, just to be sure, k?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Satchmo Bevins

Based them on the bible if you don't think that is verifiable, then that's your problem, not mine. The scriptures are quoted in post.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
ROFLMAO

You show people some grainy out of focus footage and claim it to be a UFO and everyone goes "awesome I knew they was real" ....

Yet when it comes to Biblical findings it doesn't matter how good the evidence is, some people just don't/wont acknowledge it and go to GREAT lengths to disprove it.

Just a little funny observation I'd thought I'd share

Anywayz here's something 'some' may find interesting.

In the first book of the Bible - Genesis, Chapter 5 there is the listing of genealogy from Adam through to Noah.

It goes something like this:

Adam had a son and named him Seth.
Seth had a son and named him Enosh.

The list to Noah goes like this:

Adam
Seth
Enosh
Cainan
Mahalalel
Jared
Enoch
Methuselah
Lamech
Noah

Those are the sons from Adam to Noah. If you look into the meaning of each of the names listed, it goes something like this:

Adam = Man
Seth = Appointed
Enosh = Mortal
Cainan = Sorrow
Mahalalel = The Blessed God
Jared = Shall Come Down
Enoch = Teaching
Methuselah = His Death Shall Bring
Lamech = The Despairing
Noah = Comfort

Roll all that up and you get:

Man (is) Appointed Mortal Sorrow, (but) The Blessed God Shall Come Down Teaching, (and) His Death Shall Bring The Despairing Comfort.

In a nutshell the Gospel, in the first book of the Bible.

Anywayz, I hope that bit of info brings a smile to anyone who finds this stuff interesting.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Great thread s&f I can't wait to read the whole thing when I get home. I'm as excited as when I learned the that the Declaration of Independance was predicted in the bible.

Do you have a link for that?

That is interesting to say the least

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Well, you got part of it!!!!

You must recall, that captivity was punishment for the tribes to forget. And the punishment was living with idol worshippers!!!! And the tribes would be scattered. And would forget who they were.

Manasseh was the 1st tribe to be conquered by the assyrians in 745 b.c. and e 2520 yrs later America became a nation in 1776. Manasseh was the 13th tribe, hence the 13 colonies and the 13/13's of symbolism we have!!!!

Ephraim fell to the assyrians in 721 b.c. and 2520 yrs later, Great Britain became a commonwealth, jan 01,1801.

Jeremiah " In those days, the House of Judah shall walk with the House of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers"

Ezekiel also phophesised the joining of Judah and Israel [ Ez 37,19-22 ]

The tribes were scattered all over! In fact some of the tribes were here about 1000 b.c. According to Dr. Barry Fell in his book , America B.C. egyptians, libyans, and hebrew inscriptions are found all over the usa.
The los lunas decalogue stone contains The Ten Commandments in paleo-hebrew!!! And there are many more examples scattered around the usa.

It seems that the usa IS the new jerUSAlem!

What does that mean for the state of Israel? I don't know right now.

I'm sure YHVH knows exactly what will become of us and them and all the other scattered tribes.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
S+F Very Interesting. I have always been strangely interested with the mysteries of the bible even though I am not christian, but a Christ follower.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Yep this is a good thread - reeeeeaaaaal good one.

Keep it up - awesome stuff.....

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

If you do not like it, why read it . . . and even better . . . why post. Especially when it is a snide comment

Too bad we can't give negative stars

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Oh yeah - we only respond to threads we agree with - another brilliant post on this thread - why don't YOU buy some ear muffs and blinkers so you don't have to hear or listen to anything which challenges your fantasy world....

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
There is also the question as to whether the Bible came from the ancient texts of Sumaria.

Man, after all, did write the Bible and what if it was the Elite bloodline's who wrote it so there descendants could follow there path for world domination by enacting said prophecy's in the Bible.

To many questions and to many vague answers as always.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
i posted this AGES ago...
posted on 27/11/2008 @ 15:46

www.abovetopsecret.com...

still happening, still seeing it.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Someone mentioned the Bible predicting the Declaration of Independence.

This link explains that view point

www.beholdthebeast.com...

Summary:

Revelation 12:14 And to the woman [Israel] were given two wings
of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into
her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times,
and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

The tribe of Ephraim was banished from the Land of Israel in 724BC, 2,500 years later the Dec of Independence, a manifest based on Christian/Biblical values , was signed.

How important is that? It's just an interesting corelation. It's certainly not anything that anyone is going to use for anything substantial.

You really have to read the entire explanation because the significance of the coincidence couldn't possibly be understood unless one had the vast biblical perspective that the link lays out.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hmmm people here who are afraid of criticism towards your beliefs only demonstrate the flaws within those same beliefs. Why would we all be like sheep and just accept your worldview, which is based on flimsy or non-existing evidence? It not being nasty to say that, it's being truthful.

Not everybody here shouts "alien" to every fuzzy ufo video, so a generalised attack back lacks any meaning, and also highlights the fragility of your own beliefs. Quite often many UFO witnesses will just confess that they have absolutely no idea what they saw!

Anyway as I said previously on another post that there are many accounts of each religion that each cry out as the absolute truth. When it has been demonstrated that the OP cannot even calculate correct length years, then it's hardly likely that intelligent people can take it seriously.

Having faith in other people's opinions alone without evidence, which is the backdrop of every organised religion and their offspring who have a slight variation in their interpretation of a religious text, is highly irrational and illogical.

This also further demonstrates that faith-based thinking is illogical, irrational and unintelligent. Would somebody find it intelligent to take somebody's word that jumping off a bridge without a parachute was safe? Rather, I would hope that you would use critical thinking instead, and realise the dangers.

This only concludes that problem solving and finding answers that we can define as the truth, (but never absolute truth because it is illogical to assume we can ever know everything), is the only method to learn and acquire knowledge. Therefore intelligence relates to critical thinking, and lack of critical thinking tends to lead folks to faith-based views & decisions, which are more often than not proven to be incorrect, and so are unintelligent.

If gaining knowlege is the only way to achieve spiritual enlightenment, then religion's perform the opposite reaction to which their intentions were designed by those who initatiated the religious beliefs. Rather than reading a bible, you would be better off reading something more intellectual, that would enhance your knowledge of the world and our universe/multiverse. Thus taking a step forward towards spritial enlightenment, rather than squabbling amongst yourselves about who has correctly interpreted the bible more accurately and taking steps backwards from enlightenment.

If you feel that insufficient levels of thought brought about by feeling special that you are the one who has finally cracked bible secrets will attain any more than delusions, then you are delusional!
It is just a sign of human frailty, vanity and narcissism that leads people towards that kind of absurdity.

Science has made much more fascinating discoveries than any beyond the wildest dreams of religious leaders of past days. The Hubble deep-field images show the universe to contain billions of galaxies beyond our own. The possibilites of life beyond Earth is enormous, much more than the comprehension of anyone. To assume we "humans" are so special that we needed a god to create us is astounding arrogance that only highlights further how tiny and insignificant we all are.

The whole universe/multiverse/megaverse and whatever else exists is not defined by what some humans may perceive as absolutely necessary to exist because their limited perceptions say it has to.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I first heard this with Chuck Missler. It's a widely known theory for us that study eschatology and is nothing new.

www.khouse.org...

Fascinating none the less.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join