It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VERY Accurate Bible Prediction. Must Read.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

The immense Euphrates River, Syria’s main source of water, is drying up

I posted a thread on that, without a single response.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Interesting take I found. It's 2 cents.

A recent article published in the front page of The Fiji Time
Online titled “Divine Intervention” (Oct. 26, 2008), called
the 1948 settlement fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Consider
7 Bible reasons 1948 cannot be the restoration of Israel
in fulfillment of Bible prophecy.

The prophecies of Israel’s regathering are quoted in
the New Testament by the apostles and are said to
be fulfilled in Christ through the gospel.Compare:
Hosea 1:9, 10; 2:23; with Romans 9:25, 26; 1 Peter 2:9
Isaiah 10:20–23 with Romans 9:27, 28

The majority of the Jews who are settled in the land
of Israel are not the descendants of Abraham.Consider:
The Ashkenazi Jews, (comprising the world’s largest
population of Jews are of European German descent.
Ashkenazi, means German and German speaking.
Ashenaz was the great grandson of Noah, through
Japheth. (Gen. 10:3)

The indigenous or ethnic population of Jews in Israel
is comparatively small.

The line of Jews who were descended from Abraham
were the descendants of Noah through Shem. Thus,
the Ashkenazi Jews are not genetically related to
Shem, hence are not the seed of Abraham. (Gen. 11:10–27).
Sitivina Rabuka cites Jeremiah 31:10, as proof that God
would protect Israel from those who would attack them
and seek to destroy them.However, he overlooks the fact
that God promised that Israel would never be attacked or
have their land threatened on any of the three annual
feast days. (Exod. 34:23)

Yet, Israel was attacked on Yom Kippur, 1973. In the
Bible, each time ancient Israel was attacked on a feast
day, it was proof that Israel had broken the covenant.
Don K. Preston of Preterist Research Institute in Israel
1948, Countdown to Nowhere, argues that Josephus
(first century Jewish Historian and other Jewish sources)
cite that Nebuchadnezzar destroyed Jerusalem during the
feast of Pentecost in 586 BC., (p. 26)

Preston also points out that according to Josephus, an
eyewitness of the A.D. 70 destruction of Jerusalem took
place during Pentecost, one of Israel’s three special feast
days for disobedience to the covenant, Matthew 23–24).
Modern Israel was attacked on the Passover on 3/27/2002.
Each time in the past Biblical History, Israel is attacked on
the feast days for disobedience to to the covenant.
Thus, rather than proving Israel’s protection, an attack on
the feast days proved that God was in disfavor with Israel.

Through Christ, God created a new nation of Israel, i.e.
descendants of Abraham through faith, not flesh, (Gal.
3:26–29).Romans 2:28–29, speaks of those who are Jews inwardly,
versus according to the flesh. Later Paul says those of
the flesh are not counted as the seed of Abraham, Rom.
9:5–6, but that Christians, comprised of believing Jews
and Gentiles, are the new Israel of God, Gal. 6:16.
As a direct result of their unbelief and disobedience
the Jewish nation would be cast off forever from God’s
presence and covenant people. (Gal. 4:26) This means
that modern Israel, unless they are believers in Christ,
are not the people of God.Moses prophesied that all who
would not hear the Christ would be cut off from Israel,
(Acts 3:22, 23).

All Old Testament prophecy has now been fulfilled.
According to Luke 21:20–22, Jesus said the A.D. 70,
destruction of Jerusalem was God’s vengeance upon
the nation for crucifying Christ and his followers.
The land promises to fleshly Israel were all fulfilled under
Joshua, (21:43–45) and Solomon, 1 Kings 4:24, 25), to
which Israel was allowed to return under Cyrus following
the Babylonian captivity.The physical land of Canaan was
never “ultimate” promise land of God’s people, but merely
a shadow and type of the true heavenly land promised to
the Patriarchs according to Hebrews 11:13–16; 12:22–23)
1948, offers nothing in the promises of God for Israel, the new
spiritual nation reborn in Christ.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018

Originally posted by john124
What a farce!

You can twist words to believe whatever you want. You cannot even get the number of days in each year correct. And how much has the bible guessed wrong up until this point. But then again, it's typical bible-basher behaviour to ignore the number-crunching which doesn't fit his/her worldview, even within their own so-called sacred texts.

As I said... what a complete farce!

I suppose you'll defend it because it's your beliefs.... yada yada yada yada yada!!!

[edit on 16-8-2009 by john124]

Some people have deep seeded issues with religion and childhood.

To me, it's some type of puzzle game and many get it wrong or think they actually know.

Knowing the future isn't always best either. Being prepared can help though. I'm not a bible thumper, but it's still interesting as far as human history and behaviors. Being overly sensitive about it either way is unhealthy.....for most.

That laughing emoticon should be banned.

Why??! The absurdity deserves a laughing smiley....

Does faith-based thinking promote less intelligent thinking?? Yes, it does!

Would you believe somebody because they told you it was safe to jump off a bridge without a parachute?

Spiritual enlightenment can only be achieved through obtaining knowledge, and knowledge thru' critical and logical thinking to solve problems.

Faith-based thinking is unintelligent.

And believing in organised religions also show a lack of creativity, as those who believe are taken in by somebody else's opinions. If you wish to embrace faith-based thinking rather than critical thinking, then at least show creativity rather than becoming part of the herd.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by daniel815

Anyway, your post is entertaining but the math and "how you came about" is fuzzy, but the "believers" will like it and believe it. That's how it always goes, because it's never about truth but what fits your believe system.

I will say your quote above applies to many aspects of life. Politics, science,etc.

Star for your post and S&F for op.

Science is not faith-based, it's evidence based.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101
reply to post by Wertdagf

Just like in the days of Noah and here we are and there you are...
You just validated what Jesus said to the Apostles on Mt. Olive.
If you have no idea what I am talking about look it up.
Yes and Satan's wet dream is people like you with the ideas people like you have. You have been had my brother hook, line and sinker... I sure hope you can swim real good. I will pray for your salvation in the mean time try to educate yourself on logic, facts and reality before it is too late.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Melissa101]

LOL

logic, facts and reality? in the bible?- surely you jest

You must be forgetting (or maybe dont realise?) Christianity has been done before- it's akin to what the kiddies do at school when they don't know the answers- they copy
plagurised is another way to put it- there is nothing original about Christianity- still, it mamanges to reel people in- hook line and sinker lol

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Lmao... one basic flaw I've found (sorry if someone hasn't already mentioned it) that makes less than "very accurate"...

Assuming that 70 years part of your math is correct in the first place, why are those 70 years excluded from the multiplication of 7? that makes no sense what. so. ever. It is a clear example of you playing with numbers 'till you find something that fits what you want it to.

I imagine if "god" were to multiply their punishment by 7 for their sins, he would not give them time off of their punishment, as it would defeat the purpose of punishing them in the first place ( which, if he were to do so, it begs the question of why : "God" made a boo-boo?" If you believe in that "god" anyhow, I'm pretty sure you also think he is infallible, which, i believe also negates your argument, since the bible says he is omnipotent and therefore isn't prone to making mistakes.. if he isn't omnipotent yet the bible says he is, it begs the question of the reliability of your source in the first place). I don't recall many bible stories saying anything about "god" going easy on people that have sinned, including (and sometimes especially with regards to) his "chosen people."

Can you give negative s&f's?

[edit on 16-8-2009 by ganja]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Self fulfilled prophecy or a "proper" prophecy....i guess that's the million dollar question...maybe it was man that fulfilled it through his conscious actions of the date,then again they might not have known.Guess we will never know.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Solomons]

Glad someone said it before I had to. I'm not at all amazed by this, I do believe it said god himself would return the nation to the jews, not America herself.
Edited to add, OP good find nonetheless, very interesting.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Zealott]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
the thing about these prophecies to ME is...they are rather OBVIOUS.
"THERE WILL BE PEACE WITHIN THE COUNTRY, AT A TIME WHEN ALL FEELS LOST"

that just sounds to me to be the most obvious prophecy in the world. THERE WILL BE PEACE...well there is a war going on, and the optimistic view is THAT IT WILL END, which all wars DO END with time.

THe problem with me, is that its no prohecpy at all, but rather lost hope in a sense.

"MAN WILL BE JUDGED FOR ALL THE NEGATIVE ACTIONS HE AS DONE ON Earth, GOD WILL JUDGE MAN AND END ALL"
yea....i think we all know, and knew this is coming...in whatever shape or form, it WILL HAPPEN...its not so much a prophecy but more of an OBVIOUS to me...

the bible prophecy's make me honestly laugh, because it is nothing more than the most obvious information.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Okay. This took me ALL night to find in the Bible to type to you folks :
The Bible predicts Israels reformation, this is widely known.. it was actually predicted twice. read Isaiah 11:11.. not typing it all out

But did you know it was predicted to the PRECISE year!?
I'll show ya..

1st time Israel was conquered by Babylon. They were freed again after 70 years as predicted by Jeremiah.. a Prophet.

Jeremiah 25:11
and this whole land shall be a desolation and astonishment. and these nation shall serve the king of Babylon [B]seventy years.[/B]

Now.. Both biblical and secular history show Babylon captured Israel in the spring of 606 bc and the capitivy ended exactly 70 years later in the spring of 536bc

Now. read, go find, Ezekiel 4:5 and 4:6
It says, 430 years was the amount of years the Jewish people would be put into exile for their iniquity and sins.... but before hand they were captive under babylon for 70 years. so, this leaves 360. then in Leviticus 26:18 its stated the lord will punish their sins 7 times over. 360 x 7= 2520

so because they didn't repent.. it was timed by 7 and that 2520 was the amount of years the Jews would be without a nation.

now the Hebrew calender was 360 days, NOT 365 days so the 2520 years actually equal 2483 years for us. From here we subtract the amount of years from the end of the Babylonian captivity, which was 536bc as mentioned above... from 2,483.... the answer is 1948ad. The year Israel was reinstated.

think about that.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by CanadianDream420]

I think some of us could have told you that, but it was good for you to research.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
omg!!!!

I'm sooo thrilled!!! I made this before bed and I woke up and it has exploded!!

I just joined! So THANKS SO MUCH for all the flags! I guess takin the time to post something that takes research is worth it

can to answer my post?
before i can flag it..

U say that it took 70 year's for the prophecy to come true the first time..
then so many years the next...

But if there was only 360 days in a year then....not 365...
The first part would not have been 70 year's...it would be of by a year or 2..so 68 years
And thus debunks the whole enchilada ..

And the other as you admit the 2nd part come's up right if you add the 360 day calendar...
but the other part is only right on OUR standard 365 calendar.
thus it debunks it..at least unless you can clarify.

Jeremiah 25:11
and this whole land shall be a desolation and astonishment. and these nation shall serve the king of Babylon [B]seventy years.[/B]
you say there year has 360 days not 365.

So the first statement you say would not be 70 years would be more like 68 years .
correct?
Then because it threw first part off 2 or 3 year's.

the 2nd part is now 2 or 3 or more years behind as well and the prophecy isnt correct.

hope ya see my point

So wouldn't that mien your picking and choosing here?

just saying it stuck out like a sore thumb and had to be asked in your assertion.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious

Originally posted by stmichael
in mathew 24 it states ,in the future there will be wars, nation will rise against nation and kindom against kingdom ,A WORD WAR,
this never occured in all history until 1914, ie, the reason its called WW1,
it also tells of all the plagues ,earthquakes etc, but it also says the end will come within THIS generation in other words those born before 1914 war ,the end will come before these people die, 1914 until now are 95 years of age,not a large amount of them left.
the oldest person was 116 who died recently, so unless people born before 1914 have special medication the end should come between the next 25 years unless new fountains of youth are discovered,
if this is UNTRUE that means the bible is a lie, so now it is put to the test.
SIMPLES
there should be some census in place that shows the amount of people now alive over 95 years? cannot be many,can there?

[edit on 16-8-2009 by stmichael]

You left out the part that said,

"see that you are not alarmed, for these things must happen, but it will not yet be the end."

No where does it mention "Word War" or world war for that matter and in fact states this is not the end. If anything a sign of the end it hints there will be a one world religion that all kingdoms will follo

w. We are a long long way from that.

Also in Matthew, Jesus tells his disciples that some standing there would not die, but would see his return. Ok, that was in their generation. He did return after his resurection. SOME saw him.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Nice thread!

I think it also says God will return one generation after Israel regains it's homeland. Some differ on a generation but it's been 61 years.

Again, Jesus told his disciples not all of them there that day would die before he returned.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Jeeez...I don't know. You definitely did your homework. However, there are too many predictions that have been inaccurate to give it any credence (yours appears sound unlike many others). I will say this though, there are many things that have been occurring that is resonant with prophecy, especially revelations.

I have a different take on all of this, but, its too long and drawn out for me to post.

Good job though.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JustG

Originally posted by pasttheclouds
2. Who told you that Daniel wrote about an antichrist ? the church ?
The english of Daniel translations is wrong, totally.
God is different then how we knew him before, the prince will see God how he is.

This Oneness message will be for the churches the false prophet and antichrist.
But it is the other way around.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by pasttheclouds]

So you are saying you are luciferian?
------

My answer :

Please take a second to breath, why would i be ?
because i say your bible is mistranslated ?
Daniel talks about the prince, michael, the sons, the moon, the eagle
that will start to shine.
That prince will know not the god of his forefathers but the real god,
a god that is one, needed the torah to make his glory full, but is not
curse but blessing. God is one.
The church will think those are the false prophets, when they are the real church.

So who is luceferian ? all who think god is not one, divided.

please grow up, god does not need anything except himself, and he is one.
Blessing torah : ONE, no accusitions
Curse : find your witnesses, accuse, you are divided and accused by the law you choose.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

not sure if it was eligah (think so) or elisha, was taken up and never died, who can say it didn,t happen again with the disciples?
also jesus said in the apostles speaking about king david, in psalms david prays to his lord, and jesus is the son of david how can jesus be both the lord of david and the son of david generations forward? jesus states before the earth i AM. also i am the same yesterday ,today and forever.

many will say unless i see i don,t believe, thats fine you don,t see radio waves ,you believe they are there, you don,t see tv waves but they are there, there are fish at the bottom of the ocean ,you haven,t seen them before but you believe they are there, you believe what you want thats fine, but walk around with your eyes closed and you won,t see nothing,believe or not, your choice but how can you with limited knowledge state this is untrue, you say i have a speck in my eye i cannot see and yet you have a log in yours, remove the log first then you can see.my speck.

we all know little ,that is the point of learning but we have to clear the dross to see, i like you search for truth, what is truth? maybe knowledge

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by doodiepants

Of course they're not the new Jerusalem.

They don't fit the Abrahamic covenant at all,

but the new jerUSAlem is here!in the good old USA.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Great thread s&f I can't wait to read the whole thing when I get home. I'm as excited as when I learned the that the Declaration of Independance was predicted in the bible.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Ok.. the author of this post wrote this... "Now.. Both biblical and secular history show Babylon captured Israel in the spring of 606 bc and the capitivy ended exactly 70 years later in the spring of 536bc"

I'm confused....I've tried doing the math and it still didn't come out right... author says.. Babylon captured Israel in spring of 606bc and the captivity ended 70yrs later in the spring of 536bc...even if the 5 was a typo and it should have been a 6...it still doesn't come close to what the real # should have been which is 676bc... right? 606 + 70 = 676

I don't know why this caught my attention...and then proceeded to bother me... lol but it did... I'm just curious as to what I've done wrong.. thanx

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Sometimes a Generation means longer then the Grandma and Grandpa. Often in Biblical Sense, it is meant as 1000 years, or a dispensation, or a large period of time. Not necessarily our definition of Generation. It is often a mistake to take todays dictionary descriptions to aged texts. This holds true to the Constitution as well and is a big reason why the Congress and the People stumble into believing what they do ignorantly.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
And I thought all Canadians were pot smoking atheists...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join