It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VERY Accurate Bible Prediction. Must Read.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinci

Do you have proof of your assertions?

Which leads to a question: If early Christians probably made a few slip-ups, why do modern textual experts consider the Bible to be an essentially accurate document?

Plainly, one reason experts consider the Bible so accurate in its message is simply due to the sheer number of Biblical manuscripts (24,000 New Testament manuscripts alone). Since there are so many of them, and because their content is so similar (more on this in a moment), scholars believe beyond reasonable doubt the reconstructed Bibles we have today are essentially equivalent to the original.

Even if a "bad apple" manuscript existed among the 24,000—perhaps due to a sloppy copyist or unscrupulous person who tampered with the text—the massive number of copies would make identifying and eliminating the suspicious manuscript a relatively simple task. And what about all those allegations regarding unscrupulous modifications to Bible manuscripts? There is no reliable historical evidence suggesting such a conspiracy ever took place except in the imaginations of typically religiously motivated Biblical opponents.

Phillip Schaff wrote: "We possess so many MSS [manuscripts] and are aided by so many versions, that we are never left to the need of conjecture as the means of removing errata [errors]." (Companion to the Greek New Testament and English Version, p. 182)

Another reason scholars have enormous confidence in Biblical accuracy is that early Christians were utterly intolerant of dishonesty. Christians were commanded—by Christ and Biblical writers—to be absolutely truthful, reliable, and honest in all situations. And all historical evidence seems to suggest they did just that. (8)

Finally, Christians were strictly forbidden to add or take away from God's word in any manner. They deeply believed in the importance of preserving every detail of the entire word of God "exactly as it had been delivered to them." (9) (10)

Thus it should come as no surprise that textual experts consider the Bible to easily be the most well-attested book of antiquity. There are many more surviving manuscripts of the New Testament than there are of any other piece of ancient literature. Outside of Homer's Iliad which has less than 700 surviving manuscripts, no other ancient Greek or Latin work has more than 200 surviving manuscripts, and very few have more than 20. (11)

]url=http://www.religiouslyincorrect.com/Articles/BibleAccuracy1.shtml]Link[/url]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Hi toasted/

Well said.
The Old Testament was a Law for the Old Covenant,and Jesus Christ makes this clear!
God said to Abraham, “I will bless them that bless thee and curse them that curse thee. And in thy seed all of the nations shall be blessed.” (Genesis 12,26).
Jesus Christ said this ''Because you do not believe,
you are not of my sheep be the “Chosen People?” (St John 10)
And in Isaiah.. “accursed people” because of their sins. (Isaiah 66:20)...many more Scriptures to ponder on.
Did not St Paul the Hebrew of Hebrews say that the Jews are the enemies of the Cross? (Philipians 3 )
“If ye be Christ’s then are ye Abraham’s seed.” (Galatians 3:29)...Obviously we all are called to the New Covenant.

And did not Jesus Christ Himself reveal that the Jews are of the Synagogue of Satan? (Revelations 2).
Jesus Christ also revealed that the Jews are not true Jews when He said to the Christians of Asia Minor,
“I will make them who say they are Jews but are not,
but do lie,
to come and worship before thy feet.” (Revelations 3).

How then can the so-called Jews who are now the enemies of the Cross and of the Synagogue of Satan,
and who must worship at the feet of Christians,
be the “Chosen People?”
Spoken by an EX-Jew~

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
reply to post by toasted

Hi toasted/

Well said.
The Old Testament was a Law for the Old Covenant,and Jesus Christ makes this clear!
God said to Abraham, “I will bless them that bless thee and curse them that curse thee. And in thy seed all of the nations shall be blessed.” (Genesis 12,26).
Jesus Christ said this ''Because you do not believe,
you are not of my sheep be the “Chosen People?” (St John 10)
And in Isaiah.. “accursed people” because of their sins. (Isaiah 66:20)...many more Scriptures to ponder on.
Did not St Paul the Hebrew of Hebrews say that the Jews are the enemies of the Cross? (Philipians 3 )
“If ye be Christ’s then are ye Abraham’s seed.” (Galatians 3:29)...Obviously we all are called to the New Covenant.

And did not Jesus Christ Himself reveal that the Jews are of the Synagogue of Satan? (Revelations 2).
Jesus Christ also revealed that the Jews are not true Jews when He said to the Christians of Asia Minor,
“I will make them who say they are Jews but are not,
but do lie,
to come and worship before thy feet.” (Revelations 3).

How then can the so-called Jews who are now the enemies of the Cross and of the Synagogue of Satan,
and who must worship at the feet of Christians,
be the “Chosen People?”
Spoken by an EX-Jew~

ICXC NIKA
helen

Some of what you wrote is true, however, what is missing are things which give context to the apparently Anti-jewish connoation you're trying to construct.

Paul asks in Romans 11:
So I ask, God has not rejected his people, has he? Absolutely not! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew!

11:25 For I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: A partial hardening has happened to Israel until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved

Did you catch that? A partial alienation between God and the Jews will be in place during the Age of the Church.. but the Age of the Church will come to an end, and when it does, God will return to his people, Israel, and bring redemption to them.

Romans 11:28 In regard to the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but in regard to election they are dearly loved for the sake of the fathers. For the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable. Just as you were formerly disobedient to God, but have now received mercy due to their disobedience, so they too have now been disobedient in order that, by the mercy shown to you, they too may now receive mercy. For God has consigned all people to disobedience so that he may show mercy to them all

So any effort to state that the Jews are fundamentally sprititually or salvationaly lost is false. It's a lie.

It's only in our historical context that it would appear as if things were that way. But God has an overall historical plan and in the end the Jewish people will receive all of the promises that God has made with them.

Regarding the Covenant that God has made with the Jews...

Jeremiah 31:31 “Indeed, a time is coming,” says the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and Judah. It will not be like the old covenant that I made with their ancestors when I delivered them from Egypt. For they violated that covenant, even though I was like a faithful husband to them,” says the Lord. “But I will make a new covenant with the whole nation of Israel after I plant them back in the land,” says the Lord. “I will put my law within them and write it on their hearts and minds. I will be their God and they will be my people.

You see that... in the future, God will return the Jews to the land. And the Covenant that he will make with the Jews is interestingly similar to the way that Christians regard their relationship with God.

Any effort to divorce the Jewish people from their future redemption with thier God is based on either ignorance or deception or malice.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

As far as one covenant cancelling out the other as many say. I don't think that's the case. Prophecies were many about being driven out of the land to a new home, they would have a new name they would forget who they were they would spread YHVH's Word and on and on the prophecies go. I think cancelling them out would cancel out many of His people, which would cancel out the prophecy! That's not gonna work for me. We may be under Grace, but also His Word will be fulfilled!

Captivity was to make His people forget, because they had become so disobedient and gave into temptations by idol worship and easily lost faith they were to be punished by having to live with the worst idol worshippers around, the babylonians. [ as if to say; here, you love them so much, you can live with them ] And that's exactly what happened.

Everytime someone tries to bring up who we/Israel are, the opposition goes to an authority who himself forgot who he was. And the conversation dies. At some point in time folks are gonna have to realize it on their own and get some backbone and defend that which can logically be followed to a conclusion if one is patient enough. People have for too long been polishing the marble of the so-called authority figures that after further inquiry were wrong!!!! And it's gonna have to stop!!! Their work was completed while forgetting/not knowing who they were and now His people are waking up to the truth and making noise!

I don't say this to condemn any people, YHVH will be the judge, but He will also forgive those who believe in Him no matter who they are. His people are the ones who recognize Him. Israel and Judah were no longer His when they turned their backs on Him, but the moment they recognize Him they are His people again!

So it is not that hard to understand, but one has to be open to exploring claims that are/were pooh poohed by so-called establishment, and move on to the truth of the matter.

Additional food for thought, because folks have a tendency to limit Israel [ the tribes ] to the mideast area only due to faulty teaching and that is by mentioning Barry Fells book, AMERICA B.C., which documents that Egyptians, Libyans, and Hebrews were here about 1000 B.C. and they left evidence carved in stone all over the country that they were here.
The Los Lunas Decalogue stone has the Ten Commandment inscribed in old Hebrew!!!!

Did they come directly from the mideast or had they been living in the Isles to the northwest of their home as the prophets said would be?! So His people were explorers and were so many they were not confined to one area alone, they were all over the world or at least they were here in the usa for sure. Who knows what evidence was overlooked elsewhere of their adventures!?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

How do you like my response to her?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by VinceP1974

"" 11:25 For I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: A partial hardening has happened to Israel until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved

Did you catch that? A partial alienation between God and the Jews will be in place during the Age of the Church.. but the Age of the Church will come to an end, and when it does, God will return to his people, Israel, and bring redemption to them. ""

Vince,

Did you see what you just did here? You went from talking about Israel to later calling them Jews!!!!

You can't do that! Israel and Judah and the Jews are separate. Read Ezekiel, he forecasts for Israel [ the House of ] and Judah/Jersusalem separate! Completely separate forecasts!

Josephus writes that during Captivity for the Jews Hebrewism went in and Judaism came out! Judah was split off of Israel about 950 B.C. and the Jews were splinters off of Judah late in the game. In fact it is quite difficult to tell exactly when.
But Judaism wasn't finalized until after Yeshua rose. Some Jews say that's not true, that the Pharisees got secret teachings from Moses and it was handed down that way, which I say fine but then that is the traditions of men, not of YHVH! The Jews filter the OT/Torah/Tanakh first through the Talmud! Is that Yeshuas teaching?

If YHVH is the same yesterday today and tomorrow, and He is, then He would be consistent with what He wanted for His people from the beginning, and no secrets.

So Vince by lumping them all together, you blurr the lines of the separate groups within all of YHVHs children and put folks together that have no business being together until we are with the Father after we choose who to believe in. The Jews will have to choose, just like the rest of us will have to do!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

You made some good points but then you messed it by lumping everyone together.

But as I said, all the different groups will have to choose.

I think since you seem to love prophecy, that you would love the very small booklet on the Abrahamic covenant by E. Raymond Capt

I'm sorry, but I have to run now. I'll comment as time permits.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Love love love this thread; I was just whining the other day that there weren't any good theological threads around anymore. I'm going to read the entire thing. This should get interesting.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You treat the Bible as if it was a real and accurate book! I wouldn't count on that!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Accurate or not, which I doubt, it still has been used endlessly to interpert and view any issue through the individuals personal belief system.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Hi Vince/

Some of what you wrote is true, however, what is missing are things which give context to the apparently Anti-jewish connoation you're trying to construct.

Paul asks in Romans 11:
So I ask, God has not rejected his people, has he? Absolutely not! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew!

I dont believe what I pointed out is Ant-Jewish..I did quote from Scripture!
Of-course Paul was not rejected, he accepted Jesus Christ as his Messiah and understood all things as it was foretold by the Prophets.
It is not that God rejects the people, but that the people reject the Messiah that was Prophesied in the Old Testament.

11:25 For I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: A partial hardening has happened to Israel until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved

Did you catch that? A partial alienation between God and the Jews will be in place during the Age of the Church.. but the Age of the Church will come to an end, and when it does, God will return to his people, Israel, and bring redemption to them.

Partial hardening..Until the fullness has come in?
A Mystery...
"I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery,
brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the gentiles have come in." (Romans 11:25)
When the time is right,this mystery shall be revealed to those that have be 'hardened'...

The Church age is now!
It is Jesus Christ who set up the Church and placed the twelve Apostles to teach and yet, many have rejected the New Covenant that was spoken of!
Did not one of the CHOSEN Apostles betray Christ?
This indeed happens within the Church today, as it also happens within groups of trusted friends!
We are all free to choose what path to take, and we are all tempted by Satan,sometimes the rightious are tempted even more because those that do bad are already bad...Gods People are those that choose to follow Him..
"the god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers to keep them from seeing the light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ,
who is the likeness of God." (2 Cor. 4:4)
John Chapter 4///
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come,
he will tell us all things.
26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am He.

Does not this show that He was rejected?
Jesus Christ says It is He who the Prophets of the Old spoke of.

Romans 11:28 In regard to the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but in regard to election they are dearly loved for the sake of the fathers. For the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable. Just as you were formerly disobedient to God, but have now received mercy due to their disobedience, so they too have now been disobedient in order that, by the mercy shown to you, they too may now receive mercy. For God has consigned all people to disobedience so that he may show mercy to them all .

So any effort to state that the Jews are fundamentally sprititually or salvationaly lost is false. It's a lie.

No one said the the Salvation is lost of the Jews ,or a lie.
Jesus Christ welcomes all to come and know the truth.
Mercy can be only shown to those that accept Christ...if people always reject and reject, how can force be of help if it is part of Free will?

It's only in our historical context that it would appear as if things were that way. But God has an overall historical plan and in the end the Jewish people will receive all of the promises that God has made with them.

Regarding the Covenant that God has made with the Jews...

Christ annuls the first Covenant to establish the Second.
Hebrews 10:9
Jesus Christ gave that Promise to ALL who follow Him and heard the Prophets of the Old speak of Him.
There are no seperate rules and laws for certain individuals or groups!
...for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13
Why He was not accepted.

Jeremiah 31:31 “Indeed, a time is coming,” says the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and Judah. It will not be like the old covenant that I made with their ancestors when I delivered them from Egypt. For they violated that covenant, even though I was like a faithful husband to them,” says the Lord. “But I will make a new covenant with the whole nation of Israel after I plant them back in the land,” says the Lord. “I will put my law within them and write it on their hearts and minds. I will be their God and they will be my people.

Again, this was accomplished in His crucifixion and Resurrection!
Those that rejected him failed to understand it spiritualy.
Jesus Christ also said...His Kingdom is NOT of this world!

You see that... in the future, God will return the Jews to the land. And the Covenant that he will make with the Jews is interestingly similar to the way that Christians regard their relationship with God.

No He wont!
This is a form of Chialism and many await the return of Christ on Earth...it wont happen as it happened the first time!
The Prophets of the Old spoke of a Messiah,Saviour coming to the World...this has happened,it was fullfilled.
Jesus Christ fullfilled what it was for Him to be fullfilled!
This is why the Old Testament became the New Testament...the New Covenant is what is now the Church.

The Second coming of Christ is to Judge the living and the dead...End of this world,where each shall go in Judgment.

St. Paul wishes to explain how it is possible, given the promises God made to Abraham and his offspring, that Israel has now seemingly been rejected in favor of the Gentiles.
His answer is that the corporate election of Israel has not been revoked, but that there is now added to it a corporate election of the Gentiles, or rather, of those who believe from among the Gentiles.
The effect of this is not to replace Israel, but to “graft” the believing Gentiles onto the tree of Israel in place of its broken branches (11:19). What has been foreknown and predetermined from all the ages is simply this—that God would, at the proper time and in the proper way, graft the believing Gentiles onto the tree.
It is important to notice that nothing follows from this about the salvation of any individual. Whether an individual belongs to the branch which is grafted onto the tree remains a matter of his free response.
SOURCE

The Gentiles ... have attained to justice, even to the justice which is of the faith.
But Israel ... has not come unto the law of justice.
Why so?
Because they sought it not by faith ... For they stumbled at the Stumbling Stone.
Romans 9:30-32
And just a few more words from Scripture///

My people did not hear My voice,
and Israel harkened not to Me ... They gave Me gall for My food,
and in My thirst they gave Me vinegar to drink ... Let their eyes be darkened,
and their back bend down always.
Pour out Thy indignation upon them: let Thy wrathful anger take hold of them.
Let their habitation be made desolate,
and let there be no One to dwell in their tabernacles,
because they have persecuted Him Whom Thou hast smitten,
and they have added to the grief of My wounds.
Add Thou iniquity upon their iniquity; and let them not come into Thy justice.
Let them be blotted out of the Book of the Living,
and with the Just let them not be written.
Psalm 80:12,68:22-29

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Hi toasted/

The Old Testament is cancelled out!
Who was the Sacrificial Lamb that many of the Old Testament Prophets prophesied?
Was it not Jesus Christ?
There are no Sacrifices performed in the Temples anymore!
Did not Jesus Christ overthrow all the 'Goings on'' in the Synagogues?
The Recognition of Jesus Christ as Messiah was not recognized because He came to save the Souls of ALL who believed in Him...Not as an EARTHLY King!
The Earthly King described in Danile will be the Antichrist.

Here is some Scriptures of the Old and New Testament....
They shall not please the Lord ... and their sacrifices shall be like the bread of mourners: all who eat it shall be defiled.
Osee 9:4

The Jews, who killed both the Lord Jesus and the prophets, and have persecuted us,
do not please God,
and they are adversaries to all men,
prohibiting us from speaking to the Gentiles that they may be saved,
to fill up their sin always: for the wrath of God has come upon them to the end.
1 Thessalonians 2:14-16

14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:
15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus,
and their own prophets,
and have persecuted us; and they please not God,
and are contrary to all men:
16 Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved,
to fill up their sins always: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.
LINK

Therefore,
thus says the Lord God of Israel: Behold, I will bring on evils upon Jerusalem and upon Juda,
that whosoever shall hear of them,
both his ears shall tingle ... because they have done evil before Me and have continued to provoke Me from the day their fathers came out of Egypt even unto this day.
(2 Kings 21:12,15)

Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt,
did afterwards destroy those who did not believe ... Woe unto them!
For they have gone the way of Cain ... carried about by winds ... raging waves of the sea,
foaming out their own confusion,
wandering stars to whom the storm of darkness is reserved forever.
(Jude 5:11-13)

Cursed shall you be in the city,
cursed in the field.
Cursed be your barn and cursed your stores.
Cursed shall be the fruit of your womb,
the fruit of your ground,
the herds of your oxen,
and the flocks of your sheep.
Cursed shall you be coming in and cursed going out.
(Deut. 28:16-19)

And this is God's commandment, that we should believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ ... Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ?
This is Antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.
Whosoever denies the Son does not have the Father.
(1 John 3:23,2:22-23)

The heart of this people has grown gross,
and with their ears they have heard heavily,
and they have shut their eyes lest perhaps they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart.
(Acts 28:27)

Be it known to you all and to all the people of Israel,
that by the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth,
whom you crucified,
whom God hath raised from the dead,
even by him,
this man standeth before you, whole.
This is the stone which was rejected by you the builders,
which is become the head of the corner.
Neither is there salvation in any other.
For there is no other name under heaven given to men,
whereby we must be saved.
Acts 4:10-12

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The spiritual Kingdom Christ set up at his first advent was a precursor to the physical Kingdom He will establish at his Second Coming. Through the 1000 year reign here on earth and then on into the eternal state in the New Jerusalem which comes down from heaven.
Yes I know the Nicene Creed I was originally confirmed baptized as a Luthern but was born again into Gods Kingdom 1981.

The prophecy in Daniel has a near fulfillment which occured just as Daniel predicted and a future fulfillment when Christ comes again.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
For those of you who are wondering how he got 2483 years and missed the link to www.khouse.org...

Here's the math.

In attempting to reconcile the 2520 360-day years to our Roman calendar, one is faced with the discrepancies between the sidereal year and the solar year. (The Julian year is 11 minutes and 10.46 seconds longer than the mean solar year.) In 1572, it was recognized that errors had accumulated to 11 days too many, and adjustments were required. In the Gregorian Reform, September 4th was declared September 14th, and the formula for leap years was changed to exclude centuries unless divisible by four (and millennia by 400). Thus, 2520 360-day years contain 907,200 days, which are accounted for on our current calendar as 2483 years, 9 months and 21 days: 2483 x 365 =906,295 days 9 months x 30 =270 21 days 21 Leap Years - 2483/4 =621 -18 +11 =614 2520 x 360 =907,200 days The "Servitude of the Nation"? The 70 years of servitude, to be consistent, should be reckoned as 25,200 days, or two days short of 69 years on our Roman calendar. The first siege of Nebuchadnezzar, in 606 B.C., began the "Servitude of the Nation," which lasted until the summer of 537 B.C. If July 23, 537 B.C. was the time of their release: -537y 7m 23d +1 (no year "0") 2483y 9m 21d 1948 5 14 The "Desolations of Jerusalem"? The third siege of Nebuchad-nezzar, in 587 B.C., began the "Desolations of Jerusalem," which lasted until 518 B.C. If August 16, 518 B.C. was the completion of the walls of Jerusalem, then: -518y 8m 16d +1 (no year "0") 2483y 9m 21d 1967 6 7

Even if the dates where off by 50 years, isn't it still amazing that the bible predicts the re-establishment of Israel as a nation over 2000 years in advance? Ya you can argue the #'s and dates as to what happened when but so what. How accurate does it need to be? Down to the second?
Furthermore it's not like this is the only prophecy in the bible you need to debunk. When you consider the host of archeological findings supporting the biblical narrative, the dead sea scrolls supporting dates and accuracy of scripture. Arguments such as "self fulfilled prophecy", "catholic control", "council of nicea" become inadiquate and just plain delusional.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by dnaobs]

[edit on 19-8-2009 by dnaobs]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
BAD LOGIC! BAD! BAD! NO BUSCUIT!!!

Come on guy. You cannot have it both ways. Does the Bible/God keep time and/or make predictions in Jewish time or standard time?

If God uses the Jewish calendar then your are correct and the Jews should have established thier own nation in 1948. However God would have then erred in claiming the Jews would be in captivity for 70 years as 606 BC to 536 BC is 71 years on the Jewish calendar. It is 70 years only on a modern conventional calendar but if God is using that calendar then the Jews should not have established their own nation until 1985.
I understand the importance of these matters and so have e-mailed the Lord in an attempt to determine if he is on Eastern Standard or Rocky Mountain time. Can't be too exact can we. Will kept you informed as soon as he replies

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted

You made some good points but then you messed it by lumping everyone together.

But as I said, all the different groups will have to choose.

I think since you seem to love prophecy, that you would love the very small booklet on the Abrahamic covenant by E. Raymond Capt

I'm sorry, but I have to run now. I'll comment as time permits.

I responded on my mobile phone but the thing didn't work right.

I equate the modern State of Israel as the present day Kingdom of Judah. The people of the 10 tribes that consisted of the Kingdom of Israel have assimilated into the world long ago

I speak in general terms of Israel and Jews when I talk about those topics. because 1) I'm not Jewish and the particulars of all the various tribes and their fates is a topic that I have a lot less study in than other areas. 2) Most non-Jews would probably have no idea what I was talking.

I know eventually that God will consider his people to be restored as one, I know there's many viewpoints on what groups of people that will eventually consist of. So since i'm not 100% certain about this, i speak rarely on it.

THansk for your clarifications , it's certainly something that I will look into .

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Hi Helen. I must disagree with your viewpoint. There would not be a Jewish people today if they were not part of the future plans of God.

There would not be a State of Israel. Do you think God put the Jewish people through hell only to cast them aside? No, they will be rewarded for their special endurance and suffering.

It's written all over the Bible in the Old and the New, that God will remember his people, no matter how long it may have appeared as if he abandoned them. And they will finally relent and repent and be sorrowful for all that has transpired.

Look at the world around you.. it's destabilizing rapidly. Christians have lost almost all influence in Europe and are losing it in America too.

There is an increasing anarchy and conflict between the nations. And the stakes get higher and higher.

All of the systems in the West are collapsing. And the religion of Antichrist grows in people, confidence, power and violence.. Islam.

The one-world Religion-State is spreading everywhere.

When the Christians are gone, no one will be able to oppose it. especially not the suicidal multicultural Leftists, who did the most in undermining thier countries in the first place

Israel will stand alone in the world, surrounded by the hoardes and no one will be there to held them fight against the savages. The world , drunk on the oil of the whore, will be to fearful and selfish to do what is right, and in this weakness they too will find themselves facing Jihad.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
it seems as if God's time is that of a moon revolving around a planet that is revolving around a star.

think about this?

If you was living on a moon of a planet and it took you 390 days (1 Day) to revolve around the planet and that planet took 1000 years (1 Time) to revolve around the sun.

Then if you actually had the hours it took for each to revolve around each.
You could calculate the speed the planet is moving around the star and also possibly determine the mass of the planet going around the star and then estimate the mass of the moon and its speed going around the planet (where God is located).

hmmmmm

howevr the logic could be flawed if the terminology is misleading.

For example 1000 years = 1 time could mean 1 earth hour or 1 God moon Hour [its really not clear yet]. but if it they are relating God's time with our time then 1 time or 1 earth hour = 1000 God years would mean that God is on a really small planetary system like an neutron system. If you reverse it 1 time = 1000 years would put you back into the equation above in paragraph 1 which would mean he is on a larger system and possibly on the moon of a planet of that system. because it is taken 390 God days for one moon God year and 1000 God days or 39000 (390x1000) for 1 God moon year.

ha ha
Confusing stuff ...
When someone finally realise what im trying to say -- they prolly can locate the place where God was if he is still their when he mentioned the conversion data in the scripture.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

No disrespect intended, sir. Simply a (failed) attempt at humor.
I assure you I am neither hypocritical nor judgmental about recreational pharmaceuticals.
After all, I did survive High School in the early 70's.
Although the memory is more of a blur ... But they tell me I had fun ...
At least that's what the note said that I found pinned to my jacket when I woke up. ... hehe.
I am sorry if my sense of humor and yours are out of sync.

So, is that your only objection to my post? You won't dispute my sources or try to shove some offer of proof that I'm a 'mislead' individual and don't know what you know?

Lighten up, dude. If you can't laugh at yourself ... then laugh at me, I don't give a sit. As long as you still have it in ya find some humor ... somewhere ... then humanity has a chance.

- LE

[edit on 8/19/2009 by LatentElement]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Jehovah's Witnesses have some very interesting literature concerning Biblical prophecy. They have books entirely devoted to the Book Of Revelations, as well as books about the prophets Daniel and Isaiah. Not trying to convert anyone here, but if you find this thread interesting, next time a JW knocks on your door, feel free to ask for these books. They don't sale anything (although donations are always welcome) and you don't have to join their religion just to read this stuff. I think most of them would be happy just to have someone interested in the Bible period. I'm studying myself and I found something similar to the number/equation thing discussed in this thread in their Revelation book...pretty interesting stuff.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join