It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

None of you have ever seen an extraterrestrial object.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
What about the stuff thats coming out of Russia? Would Sir Roger Moore have got involved with it if it were a load of lies?? Eg- The Secret KGB UFO Files pts1-8 on youtube?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
There is proof in the rocks (in many places) that for the last 1.8 million years we have had an ice age every 108,000 years (approximately). The earth then goes through a warm spell for 8-12,000 years and the ice melts. We have no idea how advanced mankind becomes during this warm period. Was it ever to the point of going to the moon? Who really knows. Did this civilization build Atlantis in Antarctica when the Earth did not tilt on it's axis and Antarctica was warm? We do know that Antarctica is a large continent and has been ice free with plants growing on it. Are these people advanced enough to live underground mostly. I don't know.

There is also proof that the sphinx has erosion caused by water. The last time water was in the Egyptian desert was well over 10,000 years ago. Which would mean that they had to have knowledge much longer than that. The last ice age ended 10,000+ years ago. Obviously (to me) the complex (including the pyramids, which are missing their outer casing) are much older than 4-5000 years. I do not believe these were made by Egyptians. I do think they took them over at one time. The technology to build the pyramids exceeds what we have today. There is a reason for the missing documents at the library at Alexandria. The powers that be at the time wanted to write history in the way they wanted it to be told. ET could be nothing more than a previous civilization that went through an ice age. They may still exist on earth.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by aceace
There has yet to be one single definitive UFO caught on video.While some travel around preaching this threat they have books and videos to sell and of course if you go and listen to them there will be a nice little fee to pay.

What really goes on at the space station?With the now hundreds of Astronauts both foreign and US that have left Earths atmosphere why nothing real? Why has something not leaked? Like a picture, a verified picture of an Alien craft. Russian cosmonauts make very little money compared to American Astronauts. Why live a broke life when a picture or set of pictures could be worth a $100,000+?

I personally believe that this entire Alien scenario is nothing but a game played by the very rich. Anybody got any answers?

[edit on 16-8-2009 by aceace]

1. Out of millions of pics and vids of UFOs, there are thousands that are definitive. This requires research.
2. You know the vast majority of genuine witnesses are selling nothing. They do not claim that what they saw is a definite e.t. craft and bravely risk ridicule for reporting what they've seen.
3. We don't know what goes on at the space station and don't presume to know.
4. Both American and Soviet astronauts are not being vague in what they're saying. They are not saying that something unexplained is going on, they are saying that we are infact being visited. Russian cosmonauts wouldn't make $ with the pics because it is already military's policy that we are being visited by alien craft, so it is no secret to reveal in other countries.

On a global scale we currently have (in addition to reports by the average joe) astronauts, presidents, state and federal gov't officials (many of whom hold or have held rank in the highest regard), commercial and military pilots, civilian pilots, and local law enforcement as reliable witnesses with many pictures and videos. In this country you just have to do your own research. Ofcourse, some will have to see it for themselves instead of taking John Glenn or Ronald Reagan's word for it.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think it is ignorant behaviour to dismiss all the strange phenomena that seem to happen across the sky but I think it is also very bold to suggest that they are of extraterrestrial origin just because they are mysterious and often remain unexplained.

A lot of these occurrences don't come with sufficient data to be observed with more depth. Even most scientists have to abandon a lot of theories and ideas because they lack evidence to support them.

I'm not saying that just because there's lacking evidence that it isn't there. It is the irrational assumption that they MUST be extraterrestrial because we can't explain it otherwise. Nor does this assumption explain anything at all.

There's no hard evidence available to the public. Maybe there's a cover-up (which I really doubt) or or maybe... there simply is none.

In science the most simple solution tends to be the right one
*hint hint*

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
to be honist all the pics and vid iv seen of the pheonix light didnt make me thing ufo, they looked like flairs, and they were not anywhere near populated areas...

BUT!

i have seen first hand things that cannot be so easly dismised so ill give the OP the pheonix lights but disagree with his clame that we dont know what we have seen

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
No, the lights were in Phoenix.

Besides, it couldn't have been flares.

Flares don't move.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
With regard to the Phoenix lights...it's common knowledge that thier were flares dropped after the sighting in an attempt to discredit it. Here we have an entire American city of thousands upon thousands swearing up and down, the state's governor risking the ultimate embarrasment, and all with spot-on coroborating straight-forward and definitive testimony. This is a clear testiment to the success of the level of secrecy the U.S. UFO program is under and the ignorance of the minority of those in America that still don't believe it happened.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dna42
I think it is ignorant behaviour to dismiss all the strange phenomena that seem to happen across the sky but I think it is also very bold to suggest that they are of extraterrestrial origin just because they are mysterious and often remain unexplained.

A lot of these occurrences don't come with sufficient data to be observed with more depth. Even most scientists have to abandon a lot of theories and ideas because they lack evidence to support them.

I'm not saying that just because there's lacking evidence that it isn't there. It is the irrational assumption that they MUST be extraterrestrial because we can't explain it otherwise. Nor does this assumption explain anything at all.

There's no hard evidence available to the public. Maybe there's a cover-up (which I really doubt) or or maybe... there simply is none.

In science the most simple solution tends to be the right one
*hint hint*

Well then it all depends on your definition of "simple" what is simple? How would you describe simple? Simple like common sense or maybe simple like kids can understand, or is it simple like something that has relatively few free parameters? Its anyone persons guess as too which situation or solution is the simplest.

Peace

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think there is an abundance of evidence. The problem lies in (1) coming to any agreed upon interpretation and conclusion as to what the evidence means and (2) there's a whole lot of evidence out there not in the public domain.

This whole thing is akin to assembling an elaborate and highly complex jigsaw puzzle, with an unknown number of pieces missing. And to add a layer of complexity, pieces in the pile include an unknown percentage of pieces that don't even go with the puzzle you're trying to solve.

My point is, I don't know that anyone KNOWS. I know I don't. Claiming no one knows is the pinnacle of arrogance, and is put forward to attempt to either stifle the conversation, or fan an argument. I have no problem at all with people not wanting to engage in the topic. I have an issue with those who attempt to stop the dialogue or troll for attention.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by aceace

UFO = unidentified flying object

You're talking about EFO's = extraterrestrial flying objects.

And who needs either when you've seen, met and spoken to extraterrestrial beings?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nivcharah
reply to post by aceace

UFO = unidentified flying object

You're talking about EFO's = extraterrestrial flying objects.

And who needs either when you've seen, met and spoken to extraterrestrial beings?

Good one.
But the Tesla craft UFO is a low probability with too many Illuminati
connected deniers.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
That's a real blanket statement. I saw something I can't explain. I didn't have a camera but I still saw it. Who are you tell me what it was. No one has the ability to encompass every sighting and say none of these were alien. That's a bit presumptuous isn't it?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Armour For Victor
Well then it all depends on your definition of "simple" what is simple? How would you describe simple? Simple like common sense or maybe simple like kids can understand, or is it simple like something that has relatively few free parameters? Its anyone persons guess as too which situation or solution is the simplest.

For sure. Well given the context I meant the scientific "simple".
As in obvious, plain, "in your face" and easy to grasp. In any case I wasn't all too serious about that sentence. E.g. Quantum Physics certainly is far from being anything simple

So yes, I agree with you that it is a matter of perspective, I was going a bit OT right there...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by aceace
There has yet to be one single definitive UFO caught on video.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by aceace]

Actually if you look at the work of Dr. Bruce Maccabe you'll find that there are many credible photographs. Some even have correlating radar evidence.

Does that mean that there was an alien spacecraft in flight? No. But it definitely means that there was an anomaly, an Unidentified Flying Object present.

With regard to the Phoenix Lights event: There were two separate events. There was the flyover of a large black wedge or triangular craft early in the evening, and then there were the lights themselves. The prevailing theory is that the lights were indeed flares. Witness reports indicate that the lights did NOT fly over the city, they were motionless, or seemingly motionless, to the observers.

With regard to Alien objects, anyone that has seen a meteor has seen an alien object. UFOs can be almost anything-plasma, experimental aircraft, certain types of weather phenomena, actual non-terrestrial craft, rockets, planes, balloons....the list goes on forever.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by aceace

you've gotta have fun with it. ufology isnt a straight forward subject to research. there might not be the classical e.t.'s roaming around. its probably not likely that a biological could even make the journey. but we as a species have made science fiction into reality time and time again. and thats only based on the stuff they send out in the press releases.

beyond that, we enjoy studying the smallest detail in are surroundings. so to a species that could at least get a probe to are small dirt ball of a planet would consider it research gold. imagine your thoughts becoming a novella for instance. we only discovered reality tv a few years ago. im sure a civilization 20 thousand years ahead of are's would have refined tastes in what they consider entertainment. maybe that time you didnt get layed and ended up crying whilst jacking off in a closet became a best selling drama.

so dont give up looking at things with an objective eye. but dont just discount something when you cant do the math. that kinda thinking will just deprive you of another layer of fun you could be having.

XP

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Is this thread really still active.... sorry for the off topic post, but wow...

[edit on 19-8-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Funny how you bring the mobile phone cam into this scenario. Since you are a non believer I'll guarantee that you view all the photos that already do exist with mobile cams and state that the resolution is too crappy to make a judgement. since the arrival of mobile phones the amount of evidence has grown accordingly, but the quality is just that. Mobile phone quality.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
i saw a ufo once it was huge, im surprised no one else saw it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
It's time for......

TRUNK MONKEY.....

THREAD EXTERMINATOR!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab41af115dc6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The answer to the question of UFOs or no UFOs, as strange as it seems, is mouse poop.
If I see mouse poop, I know there is a mouse in my house.
I don't need to actually see the mouse to know he was there.
Even if I never see or touch the mouse, his poop proves he was there.
Do UFOs leave poop? Yes.
What kind of poop do UFOs leave? RADAR images, for one.
Some say there is even physical evidence from UFOs, such as the Bob White artifact, or the impressions left by landing gear, or traces of radiation.
There are so many sites dealing with UFOs from the fringe to the credible, it is hard to decide for yourself, based on the evidence presented.
These cases below seem hard to explain:
- a book written for firefighters with a section on responding to UFO crashes - a very serious book - The Fire Officer's Guide to Disaster Control
- Lab analysis of the Bob White Artifact that indicates it is a very unique item with characteristics making it seem other-worldly.
- The Disclosure Project (easily researched at many sites)
- Dr. Mitchell, the astronaut, walked on the moon, saying that ET life exists and is being covered up
- well documented UFO cases, such as the battle of los angeles, the 1952 white house incident, the forest in the UK with the army
You could search google for any of these or head over to a consolidator site like ufolinks.tk... to read more about these compelling cases.
UFOs aren't like religion, but more like an equation to be solved.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join