It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

None of you have ever seen an extraterrestrial object.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by aceace
The moon and stars don't count, but lets be honest. With the reports worldwide and with an incredibly large percentage of the population now carrying cell-phones with cameras. There has yet to be one single definitive UFO caught on video.

You may be right. You may not. Do you believe it is possible their is sentient life anywhere other than earth? If not, why not?
Sure, I believe life is abundant throughout the Universe. If worm holes (which is only a theory) do not exist, it's highly unlikely they have ever visited here. In fact for them to travel here they would need worm holes or the ability to exceed light speed many times over.

Man with his somewhat ability to travel nearby space may be one of the least advance or the most advanced. We just don't know until or if contact happens.

As of now I have seen nothing to convince me. NASA can photograph/film and talk about all the objects they want but without objective proof it means nothing. Maybe it's the Russians spying, it could be space junk.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Personally I Don't Belive In Aliens . I Think Stories Of Alien Sightings Were Created By People Who Had To Much 2 Drink Or Was Smoking That Reefa . A Small Part Of Me Though Hopes There's Sum1 Out There That Can Prove Me Wrong .

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Sure, I believe life is abundant throughout the Universe. If worm holes (which is only a theory) do not exist, it's highly unlikely they have ever visited here. In fact for them to travel here they would need worm holes or the ability to exceed light speed many times over.

So you are so brilliant, you have deduced that even in say, 10,000 years, we will not discover any other means to travel between two distant points, other than those two? You're good! Consider that 200 years ago, things like light travel and wormholes did not exist in our minds.

Why so closed minded? That's what baffles me. Even Carl Sagan took this stance, which really baffled me. You really think we've reached the cusp of all knowledge in the universe? That there are no other avenues of discovery that will uncover other methods of travel?

Imo, the means to reach this planet is by far, the least of concerns about visitation. I am stunned quite often, that this is a roadblock in people's thinking. I mean we are trying to experiment now to find other dimensions. Who is to say we can't slip through a different dimension to expedite moving from place to place? I imagine 1000 years from now, we'll have thought of 100 new ways that we could possibly break that barrier.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
well, if you did your research, you would find that most people who claim to have seen ufos report that their cameras or electronics went whack as soon as they tried to take a picture or viedotape what they were seeing. Also, many of them are so shocked, they just dont think to fumble around for a camera. its as though they are in a trance (which many of them are. the lights from ufo's can place a person in a trance supposedly)

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to think of your assertion that every video, picture, eye witness account of an "extraterrestrial object" is false. Just because you don't believe it to be factual does not mean it's fiction.

Also, it's not like UFO sighting have been limited to recent history. There are SEVERAL instances of UFO's and "space men" being depicted in ancient art. Here's a link to some great examples. Some of them can be explained away, a lot of them simply can't.

www.crystalinks.com...

this one is my favorite of all:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ff5304ad5b5.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 16-8-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Isn't it arrogant to tell people what they have or have not seen? Like you know better than they do? Just saying.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by aceace

Congratulations.

You have produced a shambles of a thread, just like I told you on page 1.

Enjoy your points.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Here is some info I found a while back that was contained in the UFO files recently released by the French

French studies include GEPAN/SEPRA/GEIPAN (1977–), within the French space agency CNES, the longest ongoing government-sponsored investigation. About 14% of some 6000 cases studied remained unexplained. The official opinion of GEPAN/SEPRA/GEIPAN has been neutral or negative, but the three heads of the studies have gone on record in stating that UFOs were real physical flying machines beyond our knowledge or that the best explanation for the most inexplicable cases was an extraterrestrial one.

The French COMETA panel (1996–1999) was a private study undertaken mostly by aerospace scientists and engineers affiliated with CNES and high-level French Air Force military intelligence analysts, with ultimate distribution of their study intended for high government officials. The COMETA panel likewise concluded the best explanation for the inexplicable cases was the extraterrestrial hypothesis and went further in accusing the United States government of a massive cover-up

There is 'evidence' everywhere.... you just have to open your eyes....

Granted this is not 'hard physical proof' of aliens, I think this is very significant in the sense that the 3 heads of the study believe the 'UFOs' to be of ET origin. And I definitely think it is safe to say these people know far more than you ever will about UFOs and aliens. In which I 100% trust their opinions over yours.

*** This is just one small piece of enormous mass of 'evidence' suggesting or supporting the existence of ET Intelligence

[edit on 16-8-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Of course it is arrogant,and sort of inversly hyporcritical as well,(as I think most humans can be, as well as just plain hypocrcritical as most humans are like it or not)
Had the OP made this a preposition for a debate, that would have been okay.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The fact that there is no "definitive" photographic evidence of a UFO does not preclude the possibility that UFO's exist and are alien spacecraft. The problem is that no photo or video can ever be said to be "definitive". There are too many fakes, too many ways of creating strange-looking, UFO-like objects that are simply bogus. No amount of photographic evidence will ever be enough. That doesn't mean that UFO's don't exist.

Moreover, unless you have investigated each and every sighting, you cannot say that none of them was for an alien spaceship. It only takes one single exception to make you wrong. I seriously doubt you have troubled to investigate every single sighting. You are generalizing from a handful of sightings that you have decided were bogus.

I personally don't believe that UFO's are alien spacecraft. However, it is impossible to dismiss them all. For the more mysterious sightings I assume that eventually a terrestrial explanation will be discovered, but... I can't say that I actually know this.

Finally, I will say that there is at *least* as much credible evidence to show that UFO's are alien spacecraft, as there is to support your conspiracy theory.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
So you are so brilliant, you have deduced that even in say, 10,000 years, we will not discover any other means to travel between two distant points, other than those two? You're good! Consider that 200 years ago, things like light travel and wormholes did not exist in our minds.

Why so closed minded? That's what baffles me. Even Carl Sagan took this stance, which really baffled me. You really think we've reached the cusp of all knowledge in the universe? That there are no other avenues of discovery that will uncover other methods of travel?

Imo, the means to reach this planet is by far, the least of concerns about visitation. I am stunned quite often, that this is a roadblock in people's thinking. I mean we are trying to experiment now to find other dimensions. Who is to say we can't slip through a different dimension to expedite moving from place to place? I imagine 1000 years from now, we'll have thought of 100 new ways that we could possibly break that barrier.

He is right, Aceace.

I think that's presumptuous of you to say that none of us on here have ever seen an alien craft.

I've seen your kind before on here.

You stalk in these forums for a few months before opening up an account, and then you post these threads up, claiming you understand that what we've seen, and that all of the evidence in the world up to this point is either a hoax, or it's not an alien ship.

I can believe that there is life elsewhere in the universe that is more advanced then ours, and that they're able to get to our planet.

Fleabit is right, Aceace. If you think that we've come to the end of what we can learn and discover, let me tell you then, hold onto your pants, because you haven't seen anything yet.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
sorry OP but after what i saw a little over a week ago. I have to strongly disagree with you.

Personally . . . there is definitely something foreign in our skies, and it isn't from here.

[edit on 8/17/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
i can't make claims for others on ATS, but i actually seen ufo's - at least twice. but there was one particular encountered that i like to share with you (all).

it was the last day of my canoeing trip with a group of kids i just met as a freshmen in college. it was night time, and we decided to camped out in this open field -- i believe somewhere in shenandoah.

it was beautiful night, the skies were clear, and being miles from civilization - the stars we're shining. awed and amazed, my friends and i couldn't do anything else but just stare at the sky, and just talk about the prospect of a new life in college.

unfortunately, as the night went on, i began doze off with a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment - i just made some good friends, found love, and was about to experience the college life in a few days.

a short time after i fell asleep, i was awoken by the gasps and giggles of my friends -- they have just all witness a shooting star.

awoken and left with this sense of disappointment, i was determine to see a shooting star myself, even if it took me all night. in the end, i did get what i bargaining for, and a little something extra.

it was 10 minutes after i saw my shooting star, that i saw another moving object in the sky. at first, i thought it was another shooting star, but all a suddenly it stopped, moved backwards, and in a ziz-zag motion before it disappeared.

it was such an exciting and humbling experience. i guess for skeptic, you gotta see it to believe it. well, that's a shame.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by skyblueff0]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by aceace
Where's the smoking gun? I have yet to see one shred of evidence of Aliens of any sort. I have seen a lot of people making money off of foolish people. How do any of you know that what you saw was extraterrestrial? Everything in this thread could be credited with black ops projects.

Watch the show by NBC Confirmation.

Confirmation - The Hard Evidence Are we Alone ?

Just like 911 I will take the word of several police officers over
some random person posting on the web based on his "feelings".

Too much video, too many eye witnesses.

Some might be explainable, but some of it is too obvious to deny.

While in the Navy I tracked something doing Mach 5+ and it then
it outflew the slew rate of my RADAR and we lost it.

It might have been a glitch, but I doubt it as it showed up on
the separate search RADAR as well.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60
Congratulations.

It has brought out some interesting stories, though.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
And, once again, shows that members of ATS are the proven heroes of always believing that aliens do exist and do visit our planet, while people like Aceace will disappear because they made a thread that blew!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
UFO's do exist. Aliens have been visiting our planet and still are. How do I know this?

The evidence for their exitence outweighs the evidence against. If you like to debunk the subject of UFO's then fine go ahead. But please before u do, research the subject before coming up with stupid assertions.

Debunkers are everywhere. In time they turn from debunkers to believers because the evidence they find during their research that points to the existence of UFO's outweighs the evidence they have not found.

Take Dr Hynek of Project Blue Book. Project Blue Book was created to debunk and ridicule the UFO phenomenon. It was eventually closed down because the investigators finally realised that is was all real. Most sightings were real. So Dr Hynek changed from debunker to investigator.

Debunkers in the government now do exactly the same thing. Which is basically to HIDE the TRUTH from the public.......And their enemies.

Wake up and smell what you are shovelling mate! You don't have a shred of evidence to prove they don't exist whereas we and most of the world do.......

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot

Originally posted by Sam60
Congratulations.

It has brought out some interesting stories, though.

I get your "drift"........

However, those people who have posted those stories will be p'd off when they realise the op couldn't care less about them.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
the op is right that alot of ufos we see maybe black ops projects,or hallucinations made by government technolgyes with sinister intent,but there are also real ufos we saw. ufos very even imprinted instones in form of pics drawn from tribes so DEBUNK THAT

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join