It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea and US's 'manouver of nuclear war'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Morning,

Just seen this on the Sky News website and thought that Kimmy is flexing his muscle (!) again.

See Link to source

Is he just wanting to be nuked or is he again trying to provoke?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Well, I can see the little ankle-biter is at it again. He reminds me of that annoying little chiuaua down the street from you that runs to the bottom of the driveway to bark and growl at you when you go by. That one you just want to kick, but never do actually do...

I seriously don't understand what he's getting at with these futile threats. Everybody in the world knows that he could not even come close to beating America in a war, even him.

Hopefully he doesn't actually pull something stupid and crazy, because I really don't want to see another war. It is pointless. However, that being said, if he truly does start an all out war, the United States could turn his beloved, isolated nation into a smoking hole in the ground separating South Korea and China.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Nah, he just acting tough to save some face over letting those two journalists free recently. Although, I must say it will possibly get a little weird the closer to death he becomes.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

Yhea - the closer to death he gets I think the more chance there is of something daft happening - the thing is there are the lives of south Koreans within easy reach of a massive amount of artillery and short range missiles - add on top top that the little fact that the N Koreans are very good with chemical and bio weapons... Well.

I hope that if that nut does give the order his officers will refuse to carry it out - or else a whole lot of people will die, the vast majority on the Korean peninsula.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Lets just hope that when he kicks the bucket and his son takes over he is a bit more...open to the world.What N.korea needs is trade and development,the natural course humans take when given such things and contact with the outside world will give N.korea a better future.They should put the son who sneaked off to disneyland in charge...not the one who is a general,imo of course
I don't think the transition will go smoothly though.And no doubt lil kim is knockin on heavens door.I doubt he will make it another year anyway.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
too bad......

we were doing so well with the prisoner release and all.

Now back to the same old song and dance???

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I can understand why no one is taking this guy very seriously, but if someone threatens nuclear war... You can't just sit back and take it lightly no matter how incapable you think that particular country is of carrying it out.

I don't know where everyone got this idea that North Korea is like another Iraqi army or something. They have a damn good army, all very hardened brainwashed troops with high morale. All 8 million of them ready to die for their leader with enormous pride and honor.

What bothers me the most, is the fact that we really don't know anything about the North Korean Military. How do we know what they are capable of? All our info comes from AP, CNN, FOX, Sky, and BBC. The MSM isn't exactly the most reliable of sources, as any frequent visitor of this forum should know.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by sliceNodice]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
BTW, what new threat has the US supposedly done???

Funny thing is we only see kim's threats, but we never see any threat to him....

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

I agree, any threat of initiating a nuclear war is far from a laughing matter. Any war will cause the loss of many lives, too many lives for that matter, and a nuclear one would be much worse. Which is why the United States actually do take it seriously, while laughing off the threat at the same time. We have moved our anti-missile system to the Pacific, where any ICBMs launched from the Korean peninsula would be headed. We also provided South Korea with some anti-missile defense and technology to help them defend themselves, and sent them a ton of new weapons and heightened the number of troops there. They say that they are taking many measures to prevent anything from happen. However, they also realize that it is almost guaranteed to be a bluff, and downplay it to the media.

A war against North Korea wouldn't be anything like the ones in Iraq and Afghanistan though. It would be very hard to compare the two. In North Korea, America would actually be fighting a conventional war again. We would be having actual battles, against a real nation and a real army. It wouldn't be a bunch of extremists planting IEDs in the streets, blowing themselves up to take out a couple soldiers or a bunch of innocent Iraqi people at a market. There wouldn't be terrorists hiding among civilians taking pop shots at US troops and then retreating into the crowd, or using women as shields while attacking. There wouldn't be little 10-year-olds strapped with AK-47s trying to kill as many soldiers as possible because they were brainwashed by cowards who are willing to send them off to their deaths by telling them they will be rewarded and it's their religious duty. No, it would be against an identifiable opponent, instead of guerrilla warfare and terror tactics. The US would actually have a strategy and objectives. It is a war that America can win. It is a war that the American military is trained and built for. A war like this is where air superiority and a strong navy would be a real game changer, and the American Air Force and Navy are among the best in the world, and probably capable of dismantling NK with little to no help from the Army or the Marines necessary. I mean - 20 B-2 Spirit bombers, 139 F-22 Raptors, 11 supercarriers, 71 nuclear submarines currently in commission, and over a hundred other war vessels, and thousands of fighter jets and bombers - couldn't possibly be meant for use in wars such as the ones going on now in the Middle East. If they are, then my nation's leaders are even more incompetent than I already thought

Anyways... I personally think the UN should grow a pair when it comes to these North Korean issues. It is a legitimate threat to peace in the region, and perhaps even the world, and it should be treated as such before this wack-job pulls something dumb and a lot of people end up dead as a result. Instead of slapping them on the wrists with sanctions banning them from having weapons, which they clearly don't listen to since they aren't supposed to have any ballistics missiles or nuclear technology in the first place, they should make some real moves before it does turn ugly.

Funny thing... I seem to recall a similar thing happening through the 1920s and 1930s. A country that wasn't supposed to have a military continually built it up, and was allowed to grow increasingly aggressive. They were told not to, just like the UN is telling Kimmy. But, just as with NK, this certain country didn't listen. No force was ever taken to prevent it's militarization. This country, a small unheard-of one in Europe, was called Germany. Apparently, I guess this unknown nation's leader was a nobody named Adolf Hitler (who'd have thunk it?). Eventually, this Hitler character tried to conquer Europe and the World, and started committing genocide. It even led up to this very little remembered war called World War II

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
An unhinged depotic leader is dangerous.One with nuclear weapons threatening to use them can be catastrophic.

top topics

join