It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The New Life

Meher Baba

This New Life is endless, and even after my physical death it will be kept alive by those who live the life of complete renunciation of falsehood, lies, hatred, anger, greed and lust; and who, to accomplish all this, do no lustful actions, do no harm to anyone, do no backbiting, do not seek material possessions or power, who accept no homage, neither covet honor nor shun disgrace, and fear no one and nothing; by those who rely wholly and solely on God, and who love God purely for the sake of loving; who believe in the lovers of God and in the reality of Manifestation, and yet do not expect any spiritual or material reward; who do not let go the hand of Truth, and who, without being upset by calamities, bravely and wholeheartedly face all hardships with one hundred percent cheerfulness, and give no importance to caste, creed and religious ceremonies. This New Life will live by itself eternally, even if there is no one to live it.

THE GOD-MAN, C. B. Purdom, p. 187 Copyright 1971 Meher Spiritual Center, Inc.

If we could live up to this statement the world would be a perfect place.
Any thoughts on the subject?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by corusso

If we could live up to this statement the world would be a perfect place.
Any thoughts on the subject?

Yes...if you substituted Neighbor for goD, this would be Nirvana...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Well, if you belived that God is everyone & everything then neighbor would fit just fine.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by corusso

You are describing the Dalai Lama, maybe.

Certainly no-one else on earth right now, as far as I know.

Humans have faults - that is one of the reasons we are human.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by corusso
This New Life will live by itself eternally, even if there is no one to live it.

That hit me hard. There's a LOT of hope in that statement, and truth, and presence..

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The problem I see with urging people to love God, is that many who claim to do so, wind up hating humans or treating them in hateful ways - or just becoming indifferent to human needs and suffering. I don't believe that God intends for us to do that. I am convinced that God would rather we forget all about Him and treat each other kindly, gently, lovingly - than to focus n God alone and ignore our fellow humans.

I think it would be great if we could work to see that spark of God that resides in every person, no matter how debased, dissolute, lost, or "evil" that person may seem. We don't have to like or accept what the person does. We don't have to validate any evil or cruelty or other wrong. But to see, at the most fundamental level, that this person is also made in the image and likeness of God.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
To love God IS to love self and neighbor as self, since we are all one in God. It's as simple as that. The problem arises with conceptions of separation, beween us and God and between us and one another. But it's highly appropriate to love God above all, since God is the source of all love and the creator, who created for love and gave us everything. It is utterly absurd to blame God for human folly, or to be down on God, that's absolutely ridiculous.

top topics

join