It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea makes nuclear threat over joint military drills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

North Korea makes nuclear threat over joint military drills

www.reuters.com

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea denounced upcoming joint South Korean and U.S. military drills and said it would "wipe out" the countries with nuclear weapons if they threatened the communist state, its KCNA news agency said on Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
More rhetoric, but heck! It makes for good discussion.

Realize in a dictatorship that it only takes 1 word by the leader to launch a full scale offensive. We don't exactly know how Kim's old, feeble and demented, mind works...

Let's hope he dies sooner than later and hopefully start new ties with this improvised nation.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Let's hope he dies sooner than later and hopefully start new ties with this improvised nation.

Is there any indication at all his son will be any more level headed than his father?
I’ve a feeling (I’m sorry to say) his son will be the *devil we don’t know*...

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
North Korean propaganda is the best. No nuance or subtlety whatsoever.

Of course it's really only for the benefit of controlling their own population...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Is there any indication at all his son will be any more level headed than his father?

Yes.

Son already publically stated that he didn't want the role.
That's gotta tell you something.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well, I guess Clinton didn't "build a bridge" like many had been claiming. North Korea won't do anything, they would be destroyed in a heartbeat. China doesn't want them to have a war, the U.S. doesn't want them to have a war...so they won't have a war.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't count on anything stable coming from Lil Kim, who's apparently made an extreme sport of punking nations 20 times bigger than his is. I used to think of North Korea as the little dog from that cartoon with the big dog; you know, running around asking China, "What are doin' today boss?" But I've realized that that's not the case, it's just the neighbors' cranky, aging poodle that barks at everyone that goes past, and attacks crickets because it thinks its hardcore.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Lets just hope that he does not do anything stupid to make his mark in history before he dies. "The little country that hit the Giant" I still find it hard to beleive that anyone would attack us, they would be erased.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
Lets just hope that he does not do anything stupid to make his mark in history before he dies. "The little country that hit the Giant" I still find it hard to beleive that anyone would attack us, they would be erased.

Exactly,which is why N.korea would never attack America.They may have some rhetoric but they are not stupid and neither are their comments the ramblings of insane people.They are well planned out political stunts and are said for a reason...again,the N.koreans are not stupid and crazy despite popular belief.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Solomons]

top topics

join