It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using ATS as a database, personal reference, archive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I like ATS because of all the information presented and discussed by the members. Many times, I find myself wanting to find information from threads I found interesting.

Considering myATS tracks the forums a person finds most interesting, and that in this area the last 50 updates to threads a member subscribes is displayed, why cant there be an area like this, but only displays the threads subscribed separated by forum? It would be an individual reference/archive area for myATS.

Has this ever been considered, discussed or tried before?

Would anyone else like to see something like this?

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Wolf321]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
bump. just to see if anyone cares

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I kind of do that already. I mean I have stuff that only I replied to but I know where it is and I can reference it easily enough. I don't know if re-configuring everything is such a good idea. There is a research forum too you know. Where you can independently research and post your information for later use.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
You could use Firefox. In bookmarks, add a new ATS folder and store your favorite threads in there. If anyone's really geeky they could have folders inside the ATS folder.

I lost the lot in a recent HD suicide...sniff...and she never even told me she felt bad. Why?!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I don't think it would be a reconfigure really. The script is already set up to reference a persons subscribed forums and threads. All that is needed is a page to display solely that.

I don't think saving bookmarks would accomplish what i suggested initially.

top topics

join