It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer abducted!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
PICTURE HERE!!! www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

A former police officer in the UK, Alan Godfrey, went on a hike in Ilkley Moor intending to go to the town of
Ilkley to take photos of his visit. He surprized a small humanoid which ran away, then turned and raised
it's right arm, then continued off into some rock formations. The officer followed and saw a metallic disk.
In a fraction of a second it rose and disappeared into the clouds. (The photo was examined by Kodak which
declared it had not been tapered with.)

Soon the officer realized he was "missing" two hours. He also noticed his compass' polarity had
reversed, so that it now pointed South. The compass was examined by the University of Manchester's
Institute of Science and Technology who said the only kind of magnet strong enough to cause a reversal
like that was a Japanese model which was comercially unavailable
at the time, or some kind of rapidly applied or "pulsed" magnetic field generated by electricity.

Besides the missing two hour problem, Godfrey started having dreams of a starry sky and underwent
hypnotic regression. He told of coming upon the sliver craft during his hike and being taken inside where
he was painlessly scanned by an illuminated device. He described his captors as being about 4 feet tall and
having rough, greenish skin, large pointed ears, large black eyes, and hands with three big fingers "like
sausages". After the exam, Godfrey was shown harrowing images of Earth's environmental destruction
and another film which he said he swore he would not discuss. . He was then taken back to the place in
the moor where he had last been and speculated he took the photo of the alien as it left him, when it
turned around to wave goodbye.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Deep Thoughts]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hmm,

You got me confused now, I thought Pc Alan Godfrey was a Police officer from Todmorten who witnessed a UFO while on patrol in his car.

And later while under hypnosis to explain some missing time revealed he had been abducted, This was a well known case that was in a few documentaries.

However this story you are showing with the humanoid and the photo is new to me, Which makes me think this report is not real........Perhaps someone can confirm this ?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Maybe...I don't know...

It was the first time I heard about him.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
didnt a police officer claim to have bigfoot in a freezer hmm might be the same guy lol jk but seriously this is my first time hearing about it..interesting

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Interesting story. I however find police officers to be among the most untrustworthy sources of information.

They are professionally trained to lie convincingly in order to get suspects to confess and they hone this skill every day on the street.

They are painted by society as an ethical character who can do no wrong which gives them further power to deceive.

They have a career that educates them on criminal tactics.

Their job comes with a degree of stress which can cause instability and a desire for greener pastures.

One doesn't have to look far to find examples:

Sasquatch watch: a Georgia police officer gets axed for his role in a bigfoot scam.

FL - Cops caught on dash cam trying to cover up their rear end crash

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I found an existing thread from last year on Alan Godfrey.

ATS source

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Deep Thoughts

I believe this stuff happens but I hate that all pictures of "proof" are so fricken blurry. I've never seen a clear one!

It's not your fault though, OP! I'm just saying is all, lol! Interesting story and I'm glad you posted it because I had never heard it before. S&F!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The photograph isn't compelling. Interesting, but not obviously any sort of alien. It is too grainy and faded to be of much use.

The fact that the witness was a policeman counts for little. The police are no more trustworthy than anyone else. They are prone to error, hallucination, deceit, visual disturbances, etc., as much as anyone else.

I am seriously skeptical about the film being examined by Kodak. Does the Kodak company even do that sort of thing? Why would they do it? Do they charge a fee for examining negatives? If Kodak did examine the film, did they publish a report? If so, where is this report? More important, is the Kodak company even capable of telling whether their film has been modified?

These two points, the policeman and the Kodak company, make me believe the author of the story was seeking to have it believed based on the supposed authority of the two.

I'd need to see some more information before I could believe in this report.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing a police officer would actually report such a thing out of apprehensiveness to the critisizim they would face for delving in supernatural ideas. The courts always reflect scientific outcomes. The same fear is with pilots who also would neglect to tell anyone of such events wondering where there wings would go. A psycholigist is usually the best angle to go with to help with such a problem. It is true though, no one person is immune to some form of hallucination in there lifetime. Lets put our passed on relatives into perspective, who do you know who has not mentioned an experience from beyond the grave with them? I can't say I have met one person who has lost someone close to them who has not mentioned something paranormal in the days and weeks after a passing. Denying it is always a good idea, right before a doctor visit, then acceptance. Everyone deals with it in one way or another. Police Officers deal with much stress, its only logical to say at some point, a psychologist could be helpful. Stress is tricky.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
AAHHH. Another blurry out of focus picture of a stuffed animal. Sorry but these things are a dime a dozen. Oh but wait kenton1234 a cop shot this picture and made a report. Sorry says kenton1234 but these things are still a dime a dozen and prove absolutely nothing. Have a Wonderful Day.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by inregardstoo

Guys, stop talking about hallucinations...THE PICTURE IS NOT A DAMN HALLUCINATION!

I mean, yeah stress can be tricky, but the people who faked thunderbird/nessie/bigfoot didn't do it because of stress.....it has nothing to do with stress..

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is one of the worst discussions I have ever seen, about such an interesting & famous case.

Fail

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Puzzling....

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I am saying this,

If the Alan Godfrey in the OP is the same Alan Godfrey involved in that famous credible case i was referring to, Then that means Alan Godfrey has had TWO separate Abduction incidents............Yes ?

And if that is the case i would say it discredits him and i would call BS on the whole Alan Godfrey Saga.....Imo ......Which is why i asked for confirmation if the OP was real.

Does that make my view a little clearer ?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
I am saying this,

If the Alan Godfrey in the OP is the same Alan Godfrey involved in that famous credible case i was referring to, Then that means Alan Godfrey has had TWO separate Abduction incidents............Yes ?

And if that is the case i would say it discredits him and i would call BS on the whole Alan Godfrey Saga.....Imo ......Which is why i asked for confirmation if the OP was real.

Does that make my view a little clearer ?

That's what I mean about this thread....

It's just a mess of poorly researched responses.

According to UFO casebook, the Ikley Moore "abductee" was Philip Spencer.

www.ufocasebook.com...

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Thank you,

That clears that up

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
reply to post by Sam60

Thank you,

That clears that up

No worries.

I guess I sound a bit difficult on this thread.

However I think that some of the flippant responses are not doing justice to the material presented.

I probably shouldn't have commented as I did.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Here are several previous threads regarding this interesting case.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Since the OP is confusing two different abduction cases, and Sam60 already has provided information about the abduction of Philip Spencer, here is some info about Alan Godfrey and his abduction case:

This strange case would occur in Todmorden, West Yorkshire on November 28, 1980. Godfrey was patrolling on the night shift, and shortly before dawn, he was searching for some cattle that had been reported missing. The livestock would ultimately be found later that morning, displaced to a field soaked by rain, without a hint of how they got there.

Earlier, Godfrey had given up his search for the cattle, and was ready to sign off duty, and head back to the station, when he noticed something a couple of miles ahead of him. It was something large... maybe a bus. He was used to seeing a bus that transported workers each morning about 5:00 AM, and thought that was what he was seeing. As he neared the bus, he was shocked to see an oval-shaped object. The strange object was rotating and hovering so low to the ground, that the bushes on the side of the highway were being blown around from the force of the rotation.
Godfrey kept a sketch pad in his vehicle to document details of car accidents, and/or other incidents, and he stopped his car, and was preparing to make a drawing of this unusual object before him. Then he saw a burst of light... his next conscious memory was of driving his car again, further down the road.

He looked back to the spot where he had seen the UFO, and noticed that although the road was rain soaked from an earlier, heavy shower, there was a round, dry spot on the road, right below where the craft had been. He continued to the station, and after arriving, he began to realize that it was later than it should have been... he had lost about 15 minutes of time.
Godfrey was unable to recall any additional details of his experience at that time, other than some vague memories of seeing himself outside of his vehicle while the UFO hovered nearby. There was also physical trace evidence of his encounter: his police boots had split marks on the sole, as if they had caught on something. Speculation was that he was dragged into the craft in a hypnotic state.

Another interesting aspect of Godfrey's sighting was his admission of having a time lapse when he was young, but abduction researchers pointed out that this is commonly reported among abductees. Some eight months after the sighting, Godfrey did begin a series of regressive hypnosis sessions. At least some of these sessions were captured on video.
The hypnosis sessions revealed strange, yet remarkable evidence. He recalled that during the sighting of the UFO, the engine of his vehicle went dead, and his vehicular radio, and his handset were inoperative. He lost consciousness when the bright light overwhelmed him. His next memory was of being in a room similar to a normal house. In this room was a large black dog. A man with a heavy beard communicated with him telepathically. The man's name was "Yosef."

A number of small, robotic creatures accompanied and assisted the bearded man. Godrey stated that they were "the size of a five-year-old lad," with "a head shaped like a lamp". He was told that there would be another encounter at a later time. Godfrey also conveyed various enigmatic "dream" sequences, disjointed and without purpose. Even under regression, he could not recall being subjected to any of the usual abduction horrors, like invasive physical tests.

Further reading here: ufos.about.com...

You can also watch a documentary in three parts:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

It's nice to see you Ziggystar60.

I will have a good look at that info tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join