It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

( MSWC) void: the meaning of life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
let me tell you a story :

let me tell you a story

6 tiny bits of carbide .
they are cutting tools for powerful CNC lathes or milling machines .

each with perfectly smooth edges 17. 5 degree's on all their sides .

each chip of carbide equualaterial triangle is no more than 1/2 inch on its largest dimension .

they are all only 1/8 of an inch thich .

frankly speaking , the only thing uncommon about them , found in any machine shop is the tip that will do the actual cutting ... and for me ... that is the only part that makes no diffrence at all .

I take the six ' cutting tool inserts ' and put them togather into a ' tetrahedron '.

after I wash them in braker cleaner , heat then in the oven to dry them ,

useing copper transformer wire , I build 10 to 20 of these tetrahedron's , as I ware perfectly dry latex rubber gloves , afraid of anything like oil , water , cleaning fluid to contaminate them .

then just befor I drop them one at a time into a cup of into liguid hydrogen each tiny point , gets a drop of water.

three tiny , not even a drop , then slowly into the frozen world of clouds swerling around .

I know from experiance that half of these will crack or explode ...
if the water seals all of the edges completely , it will explode , any tiny flaw in the carbide , and they will crack as the heat rush's from them .

with a tiny bit of luck , and a bit of care...
of 20 attempt , I will get 7 or 8 tiny black tetrahedrons filled with hydrogen.

the nitrogen in the air will seal the exits then spray with watervapor in a near perfect vaccum to build up a shell around it..

this is maddness...
the frozen water is thousands of times stronger than steel at these temptures .

but inside the tiny carbide tetrahedrons , the hydrogen flashs back to a gas at 10,ooo psi and greater only the water keeps it contained .

back to the freezer , neatly held in a color tag'd row , base ball size white balls of ice ,till they explode... I have no more than 1 hour , may be two .

I lay down in water no more than 7 or 8 inch's deep , in a black box made of concrete surrounded by white noise .

and go thru the steps to lucide dreaming...

suddenly leaping into my out of body being...

I think " go , I don't have time , go now ! "

red has broken , yellow never filled with hydrogen , white has water in a frosty crystal that fills more than half the inner tetrahedron , blue is perfect for a moment and then suddenly cracks .

then in to the green tag'd tetrahedron ...
reaching in with my mind ...

smaller and smaller I go into the 30,000 psi hydrogen gas .

as the atoms create a latis of tetrahedrons ... rumbling and humming , bumping and buzzing .
slowing down time in my mind ... rushing faster and faster , opening up in the minds eye this tiny place between the atom valiants ...

finding that place where the void is .

' oh god , this is going to hert '

reach in with the mind traveler , smaller and smaller ...
then boom , it blooms , the rush , the flash , ash , nothingness .

that place befor the big bangs change , that space when their is no change for eternity , only one singularity .

the blackness is the absense of the posiblity of color , tint or shade ... even black or white are illusions that do not apply.

size is meaningless .
only the reach of infinity with out any point of change , uniform infinitly.
time is meaningless . there is not even nothing , for nothing has the posiblity of a something , any point that is not the same as any other , eternaly .

my very soul quakes , mind brakes , pain would be better than the harm of this solitary howling of oneness .
the burning flames of hell would be a comfort in the solitary oneness of this void .

for eternity or a moment , no diffrence my knowing can feel... I scream " I look into the void ! , into it I know! , their is the void ! , their is my knowing it! their are two ! "

again the blast , the boom , the flash ... and a rush of all the mind can hold .... the history of all time and space , the wonders of reality take place .

remembering , remembering of memorys , of what flash in my mind , all the flooding of visions of coming back to who I am in my space / time .

ice miles thick , the birth of atoms in an exploding sun , swerling galaxy's , gray buildings fade and decay in a land with out people , mastidons wander , rivers roar , trees bloom and grow like grass in time laps ...

remembering , remembering a memory , of something like a dream that I know is real .

all time rush's past me in a flash . and all I can hold are tiny fragments , like items from a lost civilization .
random and meaningless with out context , point of veiw , or explanation ...

I lay in the isolation chamber in my garage for more than an hour .
I know that all my frozen tetrahedrons will be broken by this time , I talk into my recorder for more than two hours discribing what I remember as quickly as I can , knowing full well that nothing will remain when I see daylight , feel the water drip on my skin .

dry my self off and return to the living of a life not so diffrent from any other ...

with one tiny exception...

I walk in knowing .
I have seen into a future , reached into the past , have spent time where a void is that reveals secrets that no one will understand .

I am so terribly alone , hold me close , keep back the void with me , we travelers togather keep back the void , you and I .

we collectivly scream into the void , I know , there is the void , and there is knowing... there is two...

two or more of we , thinking , knowing being..
souls keeping back the power of the void ...

screaming against the emptyness .

souls keeping open this sanctuary called reality against the howling emptyness of the void .

warning : if you find your self in " the knowing of void " , brake its grip by duality , there are two , knowing and the void .

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by readerone

Wow readerone! You seem to know a thing about physics. I had to read slowly and take it all in. You have laid out a really cool concept here. Good luck readerone.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

thank you , travel in time may be beyond the reach of the body , but if you don't mind being unable to effect the past , or be effected by the future , visits are not a problem .

the paradox involved with void travel is not seeing the future or past ...
the problem is remembering what you see .
you end up remembering the memory of a memory .

as you hold one thing , you lose other things , then you can't hold the thing with out context .

the trick is to practice cue memorys in now time/space

as a soul only being , you only context is singluarity soul that is context .
in void you lose soul context and become one with the order of god .
it is not a happy thing , and not for the faint hearted , or person with a weak grip on who they are .

you have a illusion that you are god , like your the center of it all .
it is fundimentaly important to understand the paradox involved or you can get pretty dellusional .

for more advanced lucid dreamers , void windows can befound between stars where you have la grange points between three or more gravity sinks ....

frankly , I have never managed this , but understand the void windows exsist there also.

finding void windows with in atomic latis's is much easier , but getting large windows , are hard to find in nature .

what I discribe in the story is practicaly speaking the simplist method

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Absolutely awesome. The way you are describing it I can see it. Really. You have a way of leading the reader toward your conclusion that is explainable through what you've already laid out. Intense! Very cool. S+F my friend.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

may I suggest

" Short Stories » temps : about a time traveler "

if you like what you read here , i beleive you will like "temps"

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Thanks, I will check it out.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Totally cool. I loved being inside his mind like that. A very interesting character, brilliant and mysterious. Great job!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I am a reader , and have wander the halls of your minds eye seeing , you are one I spend time reading

( bow ) thank you

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Awesome story and what a trip! I could imagine going along for the ride, even though I'm just sitting in front of my computer. Good job my friend.

S & F for you and I hope you do well in the contest.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

the body and the mind have but one pace , one space they grace , but who we are and the minds eyes can go any place with in the interface .

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
didnt expect something like this and it paints pictures in my mind. nicely done.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

thank you , I hope that it surprised you a bit also

join