It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Had Key Role in Iraq Buildup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Trade in Chemical Arms Allowed Despite Their Use on Iranians, Kurds

By Michael Dobbs
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, December 30, 2002; Page A01

www.washingtonpost.com...

[Edited on 13-2-2003 by TheBandit795]

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
No comments???

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I suppose that's old news Bandit. Iraq: enemy of our enemy, yada yada yada - and we sure did hate Iran after that hostage incident and adjoin some cold war politics.

(there shouldn't be any doubt Iraq then has WMD's then should there be?)

[Edited on 14-2-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Its funny how nobody mentions that France and Russia are/were Iraq's to biggest suppliers in both military and civillian goods.
French sales to Iraq.....
www.iraqwatch.org...

[Edited on 02/14/03 by nyeff]

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
STOP THE ORWELL MERRY-GO-ROUND, I want to get off!!!!
I hate the term "weapons of mass destruction" , the Bush Crime Family puts it out there , and it been parroted to death!
Don Rumsfeld hand delivered chemical and biological weapons starter kits to Saddam, so why the big mystery? Rumsfeld was a regular vistor in Bagdhad during Reagan's presidency, the CBW's were deployed against Saddam's enemies without so much as a 'naughty naughty', and they've known ever since.
In what is a constant & sickening theme of this disgraceful presidency, the game of shift the target, we started out chasing Nukes as the end all be all, now shift to the CBW's....what next?

BEST BUDDIES: Saddy & Rummy!!

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
Its funny how nobody mentions that France and Russia are/were Iraq's to biggest suppliers in both military and civillian goods.
French sales to Iraq.....
www.iraqwatch.org...

[Edited on 02/14/03 by nyeff]

Thanx, I was looking for that too...
Everyone has dirty hands here, the U.S., France, Russia, Germany etc...

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yes everyone does have dirty hands but a problem exists (and it is a very serious one). It has to do with the decentralization of control over Weapons of mass destruction. During the transition between the former Soviet Union and the Now Russian Republic. Rumsfeld may not be lying, as Collin Powell said "Before we find out the hard way where those weapons came from".

Even after a weapon is detonated be it chemical, biological or Nuclear. Telltale evidence exists which can trace it to its origin. The Russian Republic when it formed made very clear it was unable to account of all its WMD.

And that ladies and gentlemen would be a real problem, especially if whoever used any of these weapons did not accept responsibility for its use. Keep in mind I am not saying that the Government of the former
Soviet Union sold these weapons. And neither am I claiming that the Government of the Russian Republic
was involved either.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Yes "key role" is misleading journalese.
Anyone who could sell Saddam weaponry did, and likewise with Iran for that matter.
In Soviet times -Russia was loth to supply too much to Islamic nations in case some of the stuff came back hoime in the wronmg hands. In the current suituation with a largely "de-Muslim-ised" Russian Commonwealth: who knows what risks private individuals might take with regard to supplying war material, if a substantial profit seems likely?

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The original title of the Premier/President of the former Soviet Union included a term, which meant head of the Mob/Mafia, that organization became decentralized as well.

Realistically speaking we are talking about a membership, which includes every aspect of that
Countries infrastructure (as they were formalized under the control of a legitimate leader). That would include the Soviet Unions Military/ Industrial complex (The Russian Mafia was formally a part of that institution) .

Alas Estragon the poor press, which is at present caught in front of a spinning fan and what potentially, might issue forth from its blades.

What Game?????

[Edited on 15-2-2003 by Toltec]

top topics

join