It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS become A Right Wing Side Show!?!?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by NoJoker13

Well Bush was "successful" in what he wanted to do, and the entire thing was a complete failure that hurt the country. If only people had stood up and done something about it, instead of blindly supporting it maybe it could have been avoided.

I can tell by your posts that you are so wrapped in the false 2 party paradigm that there is no telling you anything. You are no different than the people you point fingers at, just the other side of the same coin.

Maybe someday you'll figure out that the republicans and democrats are really just 1 party, which when combined make up a communist/authoritative party, and the only other "party" against them is marginalized by them.

Combine the government the democrats want, with the government the republicans want, and you get a completely authoritative government.

Did Obama get rid of any of the bad things Bush did? Nope.

Go ahead and name a program either side has gotten rid of in the past 30 years. I'll wait. The only idiocy is people who buy into the 2 party system and don't see the soft despotism around them.

Isn't he withdrawing from Iraq? And didn't he stop the ban on stem cell research? Also, didn't he end the torture? Just saying....

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

I am sorry it has become that way Ulala.

I value outside inpout because I hope it is more unbiased and less emotionally involved.

I always enjoy the outside perspective.

But your right, this should be for everyone, not just Americans.

Though I kinda agree with another poster that we may come up with the wackier conspiracies.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

we are and have always been a two-party system.. we choose from two parties and only two-parties and anyone else from anything else is blocked out

Actually you are so off base it is almost laughable about the two party system.
Not laughing at you, your post did describe what is wrong with the two party system. Also the two party system is a fallacy that our current education system is perpetuating was original to the founding of our nation.

There is no evidence that the founders of our nation intended the development of only two strong parties, or even organized political parties at all. In George Washington's farewell speech, after serving two terms as our first president, he actually warned against the formation of parties and factions.

This is from Myths and Lies of the Two-Party System url
www.the13thstory.com...

The two party system will be the downfall of our country. Paraphrased from George Washington.

The two headed snake known as the DEMS and REPUBS, are one in the same animal.

As for the OP, I hope to hell you started this thread to see how many freaks would actually crawl out of the woodwork and support throwing people off the site. Or should we say throw them in the ovens. Hell, you may get that wish if the Conspiracies keep coming true. Oh, which conspiracies-one of the largest ever is already proven correct.

NEW WORLD ORDER and the ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
to compare the amount of Bush bashing threads against Obama bashing is not entirely accurate!

I believe ATS was created in 2006. So there is no way to see how the threads compare to the first six months of Bush's office compared to Obama's.

First off, Bush is behind one of the biggest conspiracies in teh US. He has created 2 wars, was in office for 8 years. Even his eligibility to be in office was a hoopla, both times.

That is worthy of a few threads. But I did a search, and it seems that the threads were to debate tactics, with far less bashin threads, though they were there. But Bush did far more in his terms then Obama has, the ferver seems quite as bad. I joined ATS several years ago. And not being a Bush fan, I would of noticed anti Bush threads, and they are still not quite as bad as now.

The next thing that needs to be considered is the number of visitors.
July 07 had 1,207,725 total visits.

July 09 had 3,211,527 total visits.

That is a pretty significant increase.That is a difference of 2 million visits!

So yes, it can be determined that has become a sideshow if the majority of the posts are ant-democrat.

I believe the conservatives should have a voice, no one is saying they shouldn't. But everyone on ATS wants a reasonable discussion, not spewing hatred.

I have had a couple of reasonable debates with posters defining what sections of the bill means. GREAT! That is a good bipartisan debate.

But screaming the world is ending and Obama is the worst president ever because a little girl could possibly be an plant in the audience is not reasonable. Adn it just scarey that people quicky jump to such vile and hatred over something so insignificant. It tells others that you are looking for anything to hate.

And to do it without any reasonable research or actually looking at the evidence.

Here is the difference between bipartisan posters:

bush accidently reveals explosives

16 flags

bascially the answer is, there is not enough proof, from both parties.

Here is what we get now:

obama would refuse healthcare

51 flags and a million stars. and no one questions the evidence, or attempts too, except one.

That is why we feel ATS is being made a mockery of.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by kadugen

I would say I'm over reacting just a wee bit. But if you've read my other posts I have no affiliation except to my country, I backed Bush because he was president just like I'm now backing Obama. By the way I also voted for Bush and voted for Obama not because of the media's view but because putting the other idiot in seemed like a stupid move. And your assumption of my problem with the internet at the moment is pretty spot on.

You have stated this twice now. You are part of the problem not the solution. You say you love your country, yet your description is to love your Govt. blindly without question.
That would be called sheeple.
Anyone that would be any energy into "Loving" The United States of American. The Republic. Would be against our Govt Since the early 1900's.

At this time in our history, you can not love your country and your Govt in American at the same time. Water and Oil.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Oh, and I guess if that makes me a Right Wing Nutjob, Republican, or what ever else you have to say. So be it.
I call myself a true American.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
As a conservative, I'd have to agree with the OP. The difference between a conservative and a "right-winger" may be fairly subjective, but there is a difference. William F. Buckley was a conservative, Sarah Palin is a right-winger. Is the difference class, perhaps. Is the difference education? Most likely. I believe in a regulated free market, adherence to law, and personal liberty. I do not believe in a federal health program. I also do not believe the "state" has a right to restrict abortion. I do not believe the "state" can restrict religious liberty under the Constitution. I also don't believe religion should play a part in "public" life. People should be free to believe any goofy mythology they choose and keep it to themselves.
Right-wingers and left-wingers are free to invade ATS and show their poorly defined concepts of whatever subject is at hand. Perhaps we should respond by simply not responding. Wing-nut threads would die a natural death if no responses were made.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Conspiracy theorists (ATS people) are naturally aligned with the right wing in the US, because our right wing is the anti-government wing. Not much more to it than that, IMO.

Although our right wing is also very pro-military, which I always found strange given their supposed anti-government leanings.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

I absolutely agree with you. I have been on ATS for a few years now, and have noticed that the posters seem to me anyway to be leaning further over to the right. I am considering leaving ATS because of it. It used to be a place for discussion. Now all it seems to be is like lou dobbs amd glen beck records. star and flag.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What is also amusing is to watch the GOP here basically try to slam Obama by comparing him to Bush.

Which is kind of insideous to throw one of your own under the bus by making him the whipping boy. It also shows that the methods are very self serving.

Bush wasn't actually elected to office, he stole the election.
Obama stole the election, he is not a citizen.

Bush was hitler
Obama is hitler

Bush eroded privacy rights
Obama will erode privacy rights

Bush was working for personal interests...oil
Obama is workin for personal interests.....acorns

Bush ran this economy into the ground
Obama is running this economy into the ground

Bush was racist
obama is racist

Bush removed protestors from speeches
Obama is preventing prostestors from speeches

Bush has the MSM in his pocket
Obama has the MSM in his pocket

Bush expanded government
Obama is expanding government

Bush was secretive and hid information
Obama is secrtive and did not keep transparency promise

(he is the most transparent president, btw)

And the list goes on but I have other things to do and you get the point.

Now before anyone says that all politicians are alike, that is not necessarily the case.

There are many big differences. But instead of coming up with something original, or debating the policies,all we hear is the gibberish said aobut the last president for eight years, being thrown back in one one lump sum.
And you wonder why no one is listening.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

ATS has been around since 2002 I believe. I had an account here in 2004 but lost the username and password. There are still many threads here from back then. You can definitely find threads from atleast his second term. Course everyone knew he sucked by then. I may be wrong though, maybe ats started before 2002.

Anyways, just wanted to point that out

[edit on 16-8-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

And the one thing they have in common?

POTUS

I think you've just illustrated how unbiased we can be here. We are not the MSM, we don't serve the presidents agenda. We question everything, which, in my mind, is about the healthiest way to be in this day and age.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

You have hit the nail on the head. I joined this site while Bush was in office and while there were certainly threads calling out the political problems of those times they were not as filled with vitriol as political posts are right now on this site.

When did the change begin to sweep in? When Obama became a serious contender for office. The owners of this site have used the catch phrase "Deny ignorance" yet many replies to Obama threads today clearly show there are more "Embrace ignorance" users looking for ammo to use in their own causes then anyone would of thought.

Maybe the American population is looking for someone to blame (Scapegoat) and Obama just happens to be the man of the hour. Its a shame that our Human reactions (mostly fear in this case) are running roughshod over reason...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have to make this quick...off to work soon. However, history has shown that "right" and "wrong" depends upon who is in power. If the Nazis had won the war..."right" and "wrong" would be dramatically different. Not in the mind, but in public outcries.

This is the first time in recent history, that I can remember, that the people are more ticked off against those in power than going with, or agreeing with, the opinion of those in power.

IMO...when the people have finally been pushed too far, and are being told "you don't know what is right...we do" by the government...especially about personal things like health care...this is where revolution (real or in the mind) starts.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I bet you would call me a right wing nut.

But the fact of the matter is you are dead wrong.

These assumptions probably come from the fact that your beliefs sway towards totalitarianism and you hate anyone whom disagrees with your hard line stance.

Sadly, there is nothing you can do to brainwash everyone into agreeing with you. This is something I laugh about very loudly, because I view it as a simple case of "hitting your head against a brick wall".

You do realize the brick wall will always win vs flesh?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I thought political trolling and partisan hate threads were taboo around here? *shrug.* Must have been wrong. Might as well add my two cents then:

Hey, all you people who hate the right wing:

Thanks for helping to divide America along one half of an arbitrary political feud that the elite have created to prevent us from becoming united. Your dedicated and loyal commitment to blindly vilifying half of your country has been invaluable to half the crooked career politicians who are working effortlessly to manipulate and destroy you for their own personal gain.

Hey, all you people who hate the left wing:

Thanks for helping to divide America along one half of an arbitrary political feud that the elite have created to prevent us from becoming united. Your dedicated and loyal commitment to blindly vilifying half of your country has been invaluable to half the crooked career politicians who are working effortlessly to manipulate and destroy you for their own personal gain.

Yeah, that's right, all of you, on both sides of the aisle, without exception, thanks a lot for helping to destroy our country. If you want to "Deny Ignorance" then quit siding with half of the crooked politicians out there and join those of us who are living life "outside the matrix" so-to-speak. ;-)

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Oh ya another funny thing.

Here at ATS we always have noobs come in and ridicule us and claim that we are all the same.

Fact #1) ATS is the most diverse plethora of beliefs you will find anywhere.

Fact #2) This type of thread is a dime a dozen.

Back during the Bush years they were posting stuff like "Is this a Liberal side-show?"

Oh the irony.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I believe ATS was created in 2006.

Wow than how did I sign up in 2004?

Talk about complete ignorance, you Sir, are denied.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Back in the day when this site was frequented by intelligent people rather than the brainwashed partisan hive-mind that always comes with the increase of site traffic, this thread would have been deleted for the following T&C Violation:

1g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on AboveTopSecret.com. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.
ATS T&C

Nowadays these type of threads make the sites headlines as the partisan crowds throw back and forth their narrow agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join