It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does your brain come alive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Can somone please tell me what gives humans that spark of life? Like is it some kind of chemical reaction that powers up your brain/body to live when your born? Or is it still a mystery science hasen't figured out?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This topic has been debated for ages, but I belive that the answer is the Pineal Gland that makes the brain come alive. I mean, it is in the center of the brain, has been considered to be the physical location of the Third Eye, it creates melatonin, a psycho-reactive chemical that causes halucination-like reactions.

The other thing that I aldo think is what gives the body it's spark is is blood. Think about it, if you lose a certain amount of it you die, if it's even the slightly infected with something, you get sick and could possibly die.

Then there's the aura, that is visual electromagnetic field of energy that surrounds every living thing and innanimate object and could be any colour depending on your personality and current mood, ranging trough the entire spectrum of colours (mine is blue).

Those are three things that I believe could be what give humans the spark of life.

~The Killah29

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yeah i always thought the Pineal Gland had to do somthing. But i also heard Auras actually never been documented. I heard about kirlian(sorry if thats the incorrect spelling) photography. But i also heard that wasent good enough to prove colors change with emotion? I was under the impression it just showed only one color?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I think the cells get to a critical number and then they start to grow connections to each other. I think its about 6 billion i remember the guy commenting that it was the same number of humans in the world today.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Your life energy is like a fire. Your metabolism is constantly going, you are a constantly changing reaction.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Great question and great answers thus far. I have to go with the pineal gland third eye awakening thing as to the point a soul enter a body lets say.

But what do you guys make of this... I was in an altered state once and often one is transported through time to childhood memories and such ( I cant describe just how real said feelings are, sights, sounds smells and not just overall sense of being there in first and third person but of living out that moment and feeling what we did at said time). In any case I think I ended up in the time where I feel my soul got put into my body. I was not a newborn I was a little older and was on a baby chair, my mum was showng me a new toy, or had just finished showing me it or something. In any case the wierd thing was that it activated memories of other times in my life when the same memory came into my mind.

The messed up thing is, its like I remember it as clear as day, and from my perspective, I cant shake the idea that as a child in the first person, I was thinking as though a fully grown adult, thinking "where the hell am I" and presumably "why am I a baby in a chair" and shouting to my mum (who was her as a younger person clear as day) basically trying to fugure out whats going on, but I cant speak obviously, I am an infant and my voice box would not even allow it.

I didnt get that far before mind soul/mind seemed to settle into the character of me as a child, tabulae rase.

I think that we dont ever really die in our perspectives, just timescale shifts and we end up replaying our lives again. Its depressing in a way but it seems to be the case for me.

Of course some will put this down to trick of the mind but all i can say is, either that is simply my first conscious memory and I am projecting this idea of souls being implanted onto it or it really is the case that our souls enter our bodies when young. I know Vedic texts say third eye opening occours in the womb but I am not so sure. No one has ever remembered that at all as far as we know.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hello, good question. Might I recommend Ken Wilber's "A Brief History of Everything".

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Can you please just give me some information that is inside the book regarding how the brain and body gets that spark of energy/life when he/she is born.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

How does my brain come alive?

For realzies:

eileen.250x.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Can you please just give me some information that is inside the book regarding how the brain and body gets that spark of energy/life when he/she is born.

Hmmm.. you wouldn't be asking this for some kind of class assignment would you? Just a hunch.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
nope, just curious on how the brain works, and how i turns from fleshy material to a brain with neurons?? anybody

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
ahh i see what you are asking.. interesting question.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I was thinking of this again today, and wanted to bring this thread back from the dead
Since there is now so many new members making accounts in 2010, hopefully more people help me out and explaining how do we get this spark of life? So far we got the pineal gland and cells making connections. Anyone actually know the reason why?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

I would agree with some of the above posters. But not a single one of the things are the single most important aspect. I think they all add together to make what we call a conscious mind. Who is to say that the simple connections between the cells in your body aren't what make it possible? There are more cells in one persons body than there are computers connected to the internet planetwide. So think of it like a computer.

The tools are there. Then suddenly the programmer uploads a soul program into the Pineal gland that gets processed by the neurons and other cells, creating a working conscious program. Seems logical in a rather crude sense.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I am going to say the brain has always been alive since your being was conceived. From the time the sperm and egg sexualized, they have been living and creating more cells to create other cells, which eventually make up your entire multi-cellular organism.

The brain should be working properly before your mother gives birth to you. So, I assume each part of the brain is created separately near and around the same time. Then your brain spark is lit once each brain structure is integrated to become the complete organ that will take over the decision making process for your entity. Your brain is needed to dictate the processes needed to sleep, eat, and grow as an unborn baby. But this is not full consciousness.

If you are asking when your brain hands reins or full control of your entity, which gives you the ability to think for yourself? Then I say after you are born and learn some language. You don't have any conscious memories before you learn vocabulary. The memories your brain does have and store are probably for instinctive purposes and are lost or filed under natural instinct once you gain consciousness to control yourself.

new topics

top topics

join