It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Expands Biometric Security Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Homeland Security Expands Biometric Security Program

www.informationweek.com

On August 24th, the Global Entry Trusted Traveler program will be available at 13 additional airports in the United States and Puerto Rico, bringing the total number of airports equipped with the technology to 20. The program is also available at airports in the Netherlands through a partnership.

Launched in June 2008, the system makes international travel smoother for people willing to share their biometric data with the government...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

while lowering costs for Homeland Security by taking focus off of lower-risk travelers. "Expanding this vital program allows us to improve customer service at airports and concentrate our resources on higher-risk travelers," Homeland Security secretary Janet Napolitano said in a statement.

Yes, at first it will be voluntary. Travelers will be politely asked to share their biometric data with the federal government, for the sake of speeding up their airport visits.

After a while people will get used to the idea and it will become accepted as 'the norm.' Once people accept this as something ordinary and everyday, then they will make it mandatory to release this information to them.

Don't give them your info. Let them know that this is an unacceptable invasion of your privacy, regardless of how juicy the carrot they dangle in front of you looks.

TA

www.informationweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-8-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I actually work for DHS. Haven't really heard much about this biometrics stuff though, but being as I sit at a computer all day I don't expect I should.

nonetheless, biometrics is very scary. I don't agree with it and neither should anyone in the USA. The negatives far outweigh the risk.
::down::

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

I don't agree with it and neither should anyone in the USA. The negatives far outweigh the risk.

Well stated. Getting through security at an airport is nowhere near a fair exchange for the information they are requesting. Don't buy into this, folks. Thanks and star for the reply and insight.

TA

new topics

top topics

join