It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Major Flaws in Most Ghost Shows

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

Yes good old Ciaran. I don't think he was in it after that!

However, I think most would agree we don't need to "proove" they are fake (its very obvious) and I understand that they are there for purely for entertainment. It's funny how seriously they take themselves though isn't it?

However it would be nice to have a series showing a more serious side to the ghost hunting. It would be interesting to see how they investigate it properly and how they solve some of the seeming hauntings. It would also be enlightening to learn what the most common explanations are and why they have this effect.

I agree that to produce something with the sole aim of getting "real" ghost footage would be expensive and time consuming. But if was taken more seriously then there might be some results.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by YarlanZey]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I have given all ghost shows a chance, but its apparent they are faking it. Its not possible to have a real different ghost for every show. Ghosts may exist, but they are not that easy to find. The shows are designed for people who are satisfied with the entertainment value and dont get frustrated by the lack of any answers.

But UFO shows are even more frustrating. They are STILL talking about Roswell (!) instead of moving on to whats happening TODAY. Lots of blurry pictures, interviews with retired witnesses and so on. Current UFO's are never talked about, giving people the illusion this its not going on today. But it is.

TV can be awfully frustrating for someone who wants real answers.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I don't tend to watch these at all. I find the subject 0f UFOs exasperating. They get excited about little lights that move around in the sky, or blurry pictures.

I recently went to an air show and I am continually surprised at the manoverability of just the aircraft considered old by today's standards. Even the Chinook the year before was surprisingly agile!

With just the lights at night, it could be anything.

As far as ghosts, I get annoyed by the constant excitement of the orbs (which are obviously dust picked up by digital cameras)!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I ask these same questions every time I watch one of the shows.

In the EVP sessions, I don't like the approach investigators take with the questions. If I am a ghost that is unaware of my own death, and I see or hear strangers in my own home and I have no clue what is going on, I am going to be very confused and angry. Questions like "Are you aware that you are dead?" and "Have you been making knocking sounds?" aren't going to make any sense to me, and telling me "We're not here to hurt you" is just going to sound threatening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join