It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis uneasy at idea of early US withdrawal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Iraqis uneasy at idea of early US withdrawal

news.yahoo.com

BAGHDAD – Unnerved by bombings that have killed hundreds this summer, many Iraqis are losing faith in their own security forces and fear the Americans are leaving too quickly.

The misgivings about the U.S. pullback from the cities, and even about the Dec. 31, 2011 deadline for a full withdrawal, come at a time when a senior U.S. officer has suggested the Americans declare victory and leave even sooner.

Iraqis, including military commanders, believe their security forces aren't ready to act alone.

"We do not want a hasty withdrawal. The Americans have promised a responsible withdra
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is quite arousing...at the end of it all the Iraqi's begged for our protection. They wanted the British, Australians and everyone else gone, but the Americans can stay.

I enjoy collecting stories such as this so that non-Iraqis can understand what is real and what is not real. This type of respect is what righteousness purchases.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wow, so what lobby is behind this one?

Military Industry or Israel?

I think israel will feel all alone now if we aren't occupying the countries on each side of Iran.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

America is leaving Iraq...that is certain. It must then be the lobby that wants to show how comforting our presence is to the people of the middle east.

I already knew this...it's now time for the rest world to celebrate our righteous might.

new topics

top topics

join