It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"EXCLUSIVE: Disaster plans leave disabled behind"; Hey, Now Why Can't The People Help?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Link to the article.

www.washingtontimes.com...

America's most vulnerable citizens are barely considered in most emergency plans, according to a report being issued Wednesday by the National Council on Disability.

The report says huge gaps exist in those emergency plans despite an executive order issued by President Bush in 2004 urging federal and local governments, as well as private organizations, to consider the unique needs of the disabled when planning rescues and preparing to provide emergency shelter.

The 500-page report also criticized government disaster planners for failing to seek input about the needs of the disabled from the community and its advocacy groups. Among other problems the report cited were issues involving service dogs, relocation in trailers and mobile homes, the effectiveness of various warning systems and different transportation needs.

Hi Everyone,

This report regards lack of preparedness to facilitate aid in disaster's, to disabled people. I'm not knocking the report, or the reporter, but in a nut shell it is just sick.

The USA was once known for the strength, and fortitude of it's people. The strongest, the brightest, and the independent. Somewhere along the way we've lost that. Somewhere along the way we lost the ideology of a Government for the People, by the People.

Now, we are nothing more than a nation of compliant sheeple in ignorant bliss. Sure, the report above is right on the money as outlined by the reporter; however, should you read the article, and think clearly you'll notice something. The article is entirely leaving all responsibility to the government. In the report, and article the average person's responsibility to their fellow countryman is not addressed. WHY???

Why have "We The People" lost our role in OUR own destiny? We are consistently taxed to over 50%(conservatively) of our income. We are then trained into compliance that we should except SHOTTY service from the government; while at the same time we should comply by doing NOTHING, to help people in need.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about.

www.reason.com... snippet:

There was one additional factor in Katrina that wasn't present in the other cases: what Quarantelli calls "the worst mishandled disaster I've ever seen in my life, and I've been studying disasters since 1949." The full story of what went wrong has yet to be fully uncovered, but it seems more and more clear that, far from working closely with volunteers and rival authorities, the Department of Homeland Security--the giant new bureaucracy that absorbed the Federal Emergency Management Agency in 2003--adopted a command-and-control approach that at times worked actively against the other responses. Anecdotes abound not just of well-qualified civilians being turned away from the disaster zone but of public employees being poorly deployed, such as the 1,400 firefighters who were assigned to do community relations work. Worst of all were the squalid holding camps at the Superdome and the New Orleans Convention Center, where authority was omnipresent but order was absent.

The local government clearly botched the initial evacuation of New Orleans, leaving hundreds of empty buses to drown while carless citizens were stranded, but a deeper problem with the exodus might be the local initiative that was blocked. Fred Smith, the president of the Competitive Enterprise Institute and, more to the point, a native Louisianan who monitored events there as closely as he could, says: "There were avenues in and out of the city--people could have been enlisted to come into the city to make pickups, and the problem could have been alleviated much earlier. America has cars and boats and buses and vans, but they weren't called on. In World War I, Paris was saved because taxis rushed French troops to the front. Why couldn't New Orleans have done the same?"

The most appalling allegations come from the leftist activists Larry Bradshaw and Lorrie Beth Slonsky, who were attending a conference of emergency medical services workers in New Orleans when the hurricane struck. Their widely circulated story is a litany both of inspiring self-organization on the ground and of astonishing official mistreatment and neglect. Among other things, they claim that a police officer broke up their embarrassingly situated encampment--it was adjacent to the command station--by falsely telling them that buses were waiting for them on the other side of the Greater New Orleans Bridge. They also wrote that armed officers then blocked them from entering Mississippi on foot. (The latter allegation has been corroborated by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and Fox News, among other outlets.)

My gawd People, can you not see it? We have been conditioned to sit back while OUR fellow Country Persons are in need. All Hurricane Katrina was is a test of your fortitude, and the PTB's ability to manipulate. Remember shotty service from the Totalitarian Government, and roadblocked highways; which had good volunteer's, and supplies back up for miles? The govt. totally caused the disaster to be of the proportions it was.

I'll tell you something, the reason the above report came out regarding disabled Persons is to desensitize YOU!!! The PTB are preparing all of us for a rating system. They are preparing "We The People" to turn on each other based off who's more productive in society. One day Your number will be called, and You will have no further value; as well.

This is what the PTB want all of us to be. Totally on board with coming atrocities; which the PTB will set in motion with deliberate ill intentions.

Wake UP!

[edit on 15-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I had to change this comment. I was so bitter after reading the disability article, and seeing the manipulation, and perversion presented that I originally made this comment very snotty; I apologize.

On to better notes, let's stand up, and be "The People" we once were.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

It will only happen if we let it. We have to be better than our own damn government in times that require it.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
S+F

When disaster strikes I have my own plans as to what is going to happened to me and my family.

I have disability but at least I can still walk and think on my feet when need be, it's to bad I couldn't join the armed forces the survival training would have been excellent for coming months ahead.

[edit on 8/15/2009 by Big Oil]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
A very important issue to bring to the table. People in the US is trained not to help anyone let alone the disabled.

This isn't the case in the rest of the world, they work together to assist their fellow man.

Yesterday we were on the freeway, a pickup in front of us turned on his hazard lights and started breaking behind a big truck who was stopped with his hazard lights on. When the pick up in front of us saw we had slowed and turned on our hazards he pulled into the emergency lane and stopped behind a few people on foot who had ran out from the business on the side of the freeway. They were helping an injured man off the highway, a few seconds later 3 other men ran off the highway carrying a motorcycle that's front fender was somehow stuck in it's front spokes.

My point is that in less than a minute, a man who had been laying hurt on a busy highway was safely removed along with his motorcycle. There were no other accidents or injury's, and it was all because of bystanders. Everyday people with love for their common man using common sense to save him and others.

Would never happen in America...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Hi, I'd like to cheer for that answer, but we already failed ourselves once, during Hurricane Katrina. We did nothing; even when the overall outward news was of government incompetence.

The reaction then is what makes me question the People now. It'll take very strong people to get out in front the next time, and say No, we are going to help. It'll take those strong People to show the weaker ones, that it is alright to go forward, and contribute to humanity.

Vigilance through information is the key.

reply to post by Big Oil

I'm glad You, and Yours have thought through events. It is great that You all have plans in place.

Many People sit idly by, and I'm afraid they will continually. It'll take information, and awareness to stop this.

reply to post by Sundancer

The second article covered what you mentioned. In the US things have changed a lot with the governments help. People are afraid due to litigation, and lawsuits. Laws set in place protect the qualified, and insured first responders, but place a genuinely kind Person out for the wolves should they try to help.

We've come under somekind of spell; where we need licensing, and insurance for what ever the topic at hand is. I am jesting when I say, "I could see a day that should you not be licensed, and insured, you cannot wipe your own butt"......... Just a jest, but not that far off with the mechanisms of control in place now.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

So in a bad situation we'd need to carry liability release forms if you want to help anyone ? Crazy ...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Okay, I was going to let this thread die out, but I saw your comment. ROTFLMAO

Sure, kinda funny, but in reality not to far off the mark.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
You lost me when you used the term sheeple....it is a disrespectful term that people beginning a diatribe use to insult everyone who lives within the laws of the legally elected government. If you cannot put forward your argument without inflaming people then you need to rethink your delivery.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

You lost me when you used the term sheeple....it is a disrespectful term that people beginning a diatribe use to insult everyone who lives within the laws of the legally elected government. If you cannot put forward your argument without inflaming people then you need to rethink your delivery.

Hey, hey, hey, I consider most on ATS as absolute great THINKER'S, hence People. Notice I always capitalize You, People, Your, etc. I do use incorrect English to show the importance of People to Me!

However, should the shoe fit, and it hurts, then you might very well be one of the few SHEEPLE on ATS. I cannot help that.

Oh, as far as the "legally elected government", last time I checked Diebold was continually putting the wrong person in office....

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

This report regards lack of preparedness to facilitate aid in disaster's, to disabled people.

I guess you didn't get the memo from the latest administration. Disabled people, as well as the elderly, are just useless eaters, who contribute nothing to society.

Ezekiel Emanuel's Plan To Kill The Useless Eaters
From larouchpac.com
7-29-9

(LPAC) -- Several blogs picked up immediately on the LPAC report of July 21: "Ezekiel Emanuel: Death to Those With Dementia, as Useless Eaters." In one case, Newsvine.com linked directly to the LPAC wire, which in turn generated comments from over 100 readers. While a few frantic wackos warned against anything coming from LaRouche, nearly all the responses express shock and rage that such a Nazi is functioning openly within the Obama Administration.

Several responses reprint the key paragraph by Emanuel quoted in the LPAC report, before adding their own comment (that paragraph by Emanuel: "This civic republican or deliberative democratic conception of the good provides both procedural and substantive insights for developing a just allocation of health care resources. Procedurally, it suggests the need for public forums to deliberate about which health services should be considered basic and should be socially guaranteed. Substantively, it suggests services that promote the continuation of the polity - those that ensure healthy future generations, ensure development of practical reasoning skills, and ensure full and active participation by citizens in public deliberation - are to be socially guaranteed as basic. Conversely, services provided to individuals who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens are not basic and should not be guaranteed. An obvious example is not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia.")

www.rense.com...
This is just part of the plan to handle useless eaters.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

OUCH...

You mean the legally elected government that keeps getting caught not paying their taxes, hiring illegals, having sex with minors, insider trading and so on? Are those the people you are speaking of when you speak of the ones legally elected by the sheeple?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I really really want People to wake. What the Elite have planned for us will not be pretty, and their plan will not have any winner's, but themselves.

It's gonna take all of us. I'm so proud tonight as I've read many Soldiers on this board who are saying NO!

They are mentally preparing to maintain their dignity as individual souls; again so proud.

It shows that what the Elite have in mind will NOT work at maximum; because their spearhead against us is thinking.... Those thoughts are of Liberty.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

And I can give you a dozen examples of people risking their lives while pulling someone out of a burning car, or the outpouring of charity and neighbor-to-neighbor help that happens during a disaster.

So stop bashing the US. You're no better, just b/c some impatient people wanted to get traffic moving again after some idiot on a motorcycle dumped his bike.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Yes. Regardless of their shortcomings they were chosen by the american people to represent them. If your don't approve of their morality and/or honesty, stop voting for them and those like them. That is the way the system is designed to work. You don't discard your automobile when you get a flat tire...you fix it. You should show as much concern about your government.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

You mean examples like this?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

However, should the shoe fit, and it hurts, then you might very well be one of the few SHEEPLE on ATS. I cannot help that.
As you obviously cannot help being insulting, denigrating human beings down to an animal is wrong....You belong in the goverment that you are running down. No response is called for, i have no intention of reading any more of your posts.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I'm sure you could dig and find video of people in other parts of the world ignoring those in need, and in many cases causing actual physical harm to others. America definitely has it's problems, but to lump all Americans in with each other is just plain wrong. Plenty of us give a damn about each other, and will willingly help others in need. Myself, I got to be a part in saving a woman's life at the age of 13, and I would do it over and over again if presented with the opportunity. Please think about the message you are sending out before you generalize.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Starred and flagged. This is an important issue. Every single person here will be elderly or in some way disabled one day. No one has the right to devalue another human being because of age or disability.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I think you're being far too sensitive to what was said. Perhaps the language used turned you off to everything else being said here, and that is too bad.

HOWEVER, it is pretty obvious that multiple SOMETHINGS are amiss in the US of A, and for those who choose to remain ignorant of national and international happenings, for those who don't give a crap outside of their own reality....I don't see how you can justify defending them. Personally "sheeple" seems too nice of a word to me.

Our country is entering a zone of complete uncertainty, and it's time for us to take RESPONSIBILITY for what is happening to our planet.

As far as your take on the American government and the electoral system, let us be real. The whole shabang is tainted, has been for long before I was born.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join