It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media blames UFO as Big Lake Dissapears Overnight in Chile

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I dont know.. Why do some dumbasses attribute things to ghosts, Aliens, Chupakabra, or the Devil? It is just what people do. They dont understand something and so they make up some crazy reason for it and talk each other into believing it. That would have to be one heck of a UFO to suck up a massive lake like that. Did you ever think of that one?

[edit on 15-8-2009 by HotDogNoBun]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by HotDogNoBun

So how in the hell would those uneducated witnesses not know the difference between draining and UFO's?

Come on buddy, did you take a gander at the area?
What witnesses?

Edit to add: Plus it is well documented that when hollow earthling reptilians are thirsty they drain lakes. Conversely, it also explains the expression "draining the lizard."

[edit on 15 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by whaaa

So how in the hell would those uneducated witnesses not know the difference between draining and UFO's?

Come on buddy, did you take a gander at the area?
What witnesses?

All I know is what was in the OP.

There were eyewitness reports of UFOs sucking up the water of the lake.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well I have a few friends that will swear they saw a few monkeys fly out of my butt, so does that make it true?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotDogNoBun
reply to post by whaaa

Well I have a few friends that will swear they saw a few monkeys fly out of my butt, so does that make it true?

You tell us.

Meh, I'm sure it made for a nice TV show in Chile.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well if someone will pay me enough money and put me on TV, then it is definitely true. Of course, the video will be blurry and look like it was taken by someone going through DT's

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

As always, pictures or it didn't happen.

Also:

It took scientists several weeks before they were able to discover the answer because the site is very remote -- about 4,900 feet above sea level and 1,250 miles south of Chile's capital, Santiago. But in early July 2007, scientists got their answer.

An investigation has revealed that too much water was the problem. The melting Tempano and Bernardo glaciers filled the lake beyond the crater's capacity. The increased pressure broke the lake's moraine through which water flowed out, later ending up in the ocean. The lake is refilling as the chunks of ice on the lake bed melt, though Chilean scientists pointed out that global warming did have a serious effect. Glaciers naturally melt and reform, but warming is causing the Tempano and Bernardo glaciers to melt more than they should..

For some lakes, rapidly appearing or disappearing is part of a natural process. The lake in Chile did not exist 30 years ago, though, again, global warming is likely affecting the process. Some lakes, including many in Alaska and Florida's Lake Jackson, go through a similar process regularly, disappearing and reappearing during certain seasons, or from year-to-year or decade-to-decade.
(emine)

science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
For water displacement you need to put something in its place to shift that amount of mass.

1. It would register on seismographs something of that mangitude happening at one, wether as a harmonic event or a anomalous reading occuring for some time out of background readings.

2. Any displacement of water would be evidential downstream away from the source, a lakeful of water simply doesnt disappear overnight without it raising river-levels and causing localised damage in the form of a flash-flood.

3. The only concievable way this amount of water could possibly be released in a short amount of time would be through a landslide causing the lakebed to rise thus causing water displacement and emptying out the lake (which has been disproven), or the lake's frontal Sediment has failed and emptied everything out, but this would have dragged down all the ice to the head of the Lake and also has been disproved by geologists as the frontal Sediment bed is still intact.

4. Even if a Fissure had opened up you'd expect to see evidence of this on the lakebed. Plus seismographs would have also registered activity.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Well then you win. I guess it was just a bunch of really thirsty aliens cruising around Earth looking for an ice cold drink of mountain spring water. It couldnt have possibly been anything else.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thats right, because people who have known and lived under the skies for thousands (if not) millions of years see lights in the skies, whom their very same ancestors drew the Nazca lines in Peru for. And then that same night an entire lake completely disappears, when its well known UFO/USO activity is attracted to water.
These people dont watch TV or play Playstations all day or buy into Disinformation, the are taught from their ancestors and know knowledge and wisdom that surpass anything capable of our knowledge of spirituality and Extraterrestial Life.
I personally believe that what these people saw is the genuine thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Ok sense everyone has such a real intelligent response, I will tell you what really happened. Those darn bottled water barrons are so obsessed with quality that they decided to buy a spaceship to suck up the water and sell nice ice cold refreshment to the world. Very simple.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

This remembers me of a similar story: in Russia, May 19, 2005, "lake disappeared overnight."

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

This is to easy you have several theories there as to why a lake couldn't disappear. I think this link will prove your wrong and guess what no aliens involved and happened with witnesses as well. And there was no rise in the lake bed or nothing fell into it there was no rise in local rivers.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Just because something cant be explained doesn't mean aliens did it. This used to be the attitude a hundred years ago only then it was proof of god.Sometimes i have to wonder have we really advanced at all.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The problem with that is they knew it was a sinkhole as they tested the waters depth using Sonar, and within the hour almost, knew it was a sinkhole.
With the Lake in Chile theres still Sedimential Lakebed and no Fissure cracks or seismic evidence on record of any earthquake taking place in the area in question (you can register a small WW2 bomb going off in France from Hawaii.) So the theory is still open.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotDogNoBun

Well let me give you one. Since the lake was left full of icebergs then maybe the lake was partially supported by an iceberg daming off one part. As we all know galacial ice in the Mountains around the world is melting. So when the ice melted enough the water started to drain. That makes a heck of a lot more sense than trying to attribute it to UFO's.

um.. not really.

you see.. thirty metres of water, is approximately 7,926 us gallons. That would have to be one HELL of a fissure. To make almost 8 thousand gallons drain overnight, that would be a hole in the earth. That would definitely be seen. No reports of a fissure or a new crack in the walls of the lake were noted. Did a series of UFO's snatch up the lake? who knows, not that amount of water would not evaporate over night. Sorry mate. do you care to try your next hypothesis? maybe it was plumbers shop-vaccing the lake dry? perhaps a batallion of maids mopped up all of chile using that lake? lol Oh, and thats not even converting in to cubic metres as it should be. that would probably be closer to 512,000 usg.. even with the pit they described this would not take THAT much water over night.
Perhaps you can go back with the maids, or mystery fissures, and Iceberg drains. I think I would sooner buy "NASA Sponsored vehicle of flight steals water from Chile"

[edit on 15-8-2009 by stanlee]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Found another similar story! Knew I'd seen it not so long ago

Kim Murphy jounalist of the LA Times has seen 1st hand that a Russian Lake had vanished.

It was on UFO FILES / Russian Roswell / The History Channel

www.ufodata.co.uk...

page 5 and 6:

Russia is a land of many mysteries, not just ufological in nature. The
programme ended with a report from a US journalist, Kim Murphy of the
LA Times, talking about her trip to Russia to investigate a lake that had
mysteriously vanished. She wasn’t sure she believed the stories, but
when she got there, she found that it was true. An entire lake had
vanished, with eyewitnesses saying that a huge whirlpool had formed
and the water had vanished like water down a plug hole.

My theory is that this (a vanishing lake) has to do with 2 thing:

1) Earth´s gravity & magnetic field
2) UFO´s that needs somehow water to cool off the crafts

[edit on 8/15/2009 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

8,000 gallons draining overnight??

I found a 700 gph pump after a quick search on Google. For a home fish pond!!!

Hmmmm....maybe I should Google Hoover Dam......

Each spillway in the Hoover Dam can handle 200,000 cubic feet of water per second!!!

Just to compare, also looked up --- one cubic foot equals 7.5 gallons.

Hmmmmm..................math is fun!!

[edit on 15 August 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

I didnt say it evaporated. I said that ice was damning one end and could have melted enough to break down and let the water run out. Did you ever think the water froze as it ran down the mountain or as SD said it ran down straight into the ocean.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Aliens, how have mastered intergalactic travel, etc., need to come here and carry off water? Wouldn't it be easier to catch a comet or make it themselves, hydrogen and oxygen being a couple of the most common elements in the universe?

Maybe the glaciers aren't retreating. Aliens are crushing the ice to go along with the water. Next they'll be stealing all our tea.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Maybe the aliens have a stash of humans that like to take long showers..
I wonder if they have any decent looking hunnies

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join